Random Thoughts....

Are you insured against such a catastrophe?

Hell no! It's California! I'm insured against earthquakes, theft and weed smoke!

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! Tornado warning in my county! We're fuuuucked!

:rolleyes:

[russianvoice] you Californians are weak LIKE LITTLE GIRLS![/voice]

One measly tornado...they can only move as fast as, and in the direction of where ever the storm is.

Hell no! It's California! I'm insured against earthquakes, theft and weed smoke!
Yes, I see - I did not think that you guys got Tornadoes. Can you do anything to mitigate the threat - you know shut the window and doors (slightly pathetic suggestion I think) etc. ... Get in the storm cellar? Any how I hope it misses you.

One measly tornado...they can only move as fast as, and in the direction of where ever the storm is.
They are though, pampered by the warmth, they just have a shaky ground which isn't that terrifying.:p

Last edited:
So after surviving the 42 degrees here yesterday, it's now 19, cloudy and a chance of rain.:thumbsdown:
On the one day I was heading to the beach with friends. Now we're going to just go "drive near it and have lunch".:shakefist:

Former IL resident agrees with you. What a bunch of wimps!

Granted, the 1-story ranch homes I lived in never had basements, and all we got were tornado watches in Jackson County...but still.

In the past week we've had two, and 1 water spout. Probably a lot more that I haven't heard of.

They are though, pampered by the warmth, they just have a shaky ground which isn't that terrifying.:p

Forgive us for carrying on despite the fact that the ground could disappear from under our feet at any second.

Last edited:
In the past week we've had two, and 1 water spout. Probably a lot more that I haven't heard of.

You should mention earthquakes. :p I went through a couple quakes in my childhood growing up in SoCal.

You should mention earthquakes. :p I went through a couple quakes in my childhood growing up in SoCal.

Yes it seems like people have forgotten that we do have a history of rather nasty quakes.

California. Where shit like this is normal:

800px-Kluft-photo-Carrizo-Plain-Nov-2007-Img_0327.jpg

san-andreas-fault.jpg

I live right in the middle of these! Yay!

percmap-lrg.jpg

I probably feel 2 or 3 noticable quakes a year. Sometimes stuff falls over, usually pots and stuff just bangs together and the windows rattle.

Last edited:
Weirdest thing happened today at work, i opened a soda can to find another soda can lid underneath and some who was behind me yelled "yo dawg, i heard you like cans" D:

didn't happen. Provide pics or it's all lies.

Just back from the store with a bottle of champagne. Some co-workers and I are having a little "party" later tonight to mark another co-workers leaving.

When you say "party" in quotation marks like that it makes me think what you're actually having is an orgy. ;)