Random Thoughts....

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
So, when I was at school I used to do some form of exercise 5 days/week with rugby and also with rowing. When I finished school (2003), I kept up bike riding, quite seriously... but then I slacked off.

But now I have to get fit before I start the application process for the Army (officer entry) so I've started my bike riding again and for the first time ever, I've joined a gym!! I've got this great cardio/upper body workout plan and boy, it's a bastard of a thing but it's gonna do me wonders and I'm feeling on top of the world right now (albeit a tad sore:p)

So yeah, I'm happy and just wanted to share that.

jayjaya29

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW M3
watto said:
So, when I was at school I used to do some form of exercise 5 days/week with rugby and also with rowing. When I finished school (2003), I kept up bike riding, quite seriously... but then I slacked off.

But now I have to get fit before I start the application process for the Army (officer entry) so I've started my bike riding again and for the first time ever, I've joined a gym!! I've got this great cardio/upper body workout plan and boy, it's a bastard of a thing but it's gonna do me wonders and I'm feeling on top of the world right now (albeit a tad sore:p)

So yeah, I'm happy and just wanted to share that.

Sweet deal. When I first joined the gym, I was never so sore the week after. I still get sore after some intense workout sessions.

I just got a call for my new job. $9.51 an hour, 7:30 to 2:30 Monday thru Thursday. Fridays off. Sweet. :D

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
:cry: Just looked into one of my hamsters cages and there was a dead hamster :cry:
It was about a year and a half and it had been acting funny for a while, falling over, loosing balance, running in circles, but now it has peace :sleep:

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
mgkdk said:
:cry: Just looked into one of my hamsters cages and there was a dead hamster :cry:
It was about a year and a half and it had been acting funny for a while, falling over, loosing balance, running in circles, but now it has peace :sleep:
:comfort:

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio

Atleast I still have 4 hamsters left, the dad and 3 of their old babies :)

Evo7

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Ford Capri Laser 1.6 and a M reg pegeot 205 lol
It isn't nice when a pet dies :comfort:

At least it dead peacefully. My cat managed to open my hamsters cage and ate it, parents didn't tell me until four years later :(

Micra

Not A Dude
It's never fun to lose a pet :comfort:

At least you didn't have to watch it die, though. I watched my cat die from a belly tumor. First he went into a sort of comatose state for five hours or so, and then he started slowly contorting, like someone tried to snap his head off backwards, all the while making horrible growling noises with his eyes and mouth wide open, his tongue hanging out to the side, sometimes making like he was choking, until eventually his back arched, his paws curled/were pulled towards his stomach, and he was gone. It was awful :cry:

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
Evo7 said:
At least it dead peacefully. My cat managed to open my hamsters cage and ate it, parents didn't tell me until four years later :(

That's what happend to my brothers hamster a week ago (almost), the hamster had made a whole in the cage and got out, my parents have 2 cats, one of them found the hamster and my brother found half of it under a table.

Evo7

Not A Dude
Car(s)
mgkdk said:
the hamster had made a whole in the cage and got out

they're more clever than we realise :unsure: sorry to hear about your brothers hamster and Micra's cat too. :cry:

CyberMonkey

That has nothing to do with cleverness... How would you feel if you would sit for months after months in a tiny, stinking cage? I would dig/bite a hole too :)
People just look at a hamster and think "aah how cute!" and forget that it's a living animal which needs space to live and interesting things to do, and, as every other animal, can be really cruel if it needs to or if it's fucked up. However, in a cage, it doesn't need to be cruel but is fucked up all the time.

Evo7

Not A Dude
Car(s)
That is true, although I used to put my Hamster in a ball so it could run about he house. But I think he did just want to run about the house freely, which is difficult when you've got a cat :lol:

What I meant by the cleverness is that they realise there is a much better life outside the cage , like you said people only realise their 'cuteness'. Mine wasn't cute when it bit me though

Micra

Not A Dude
Hmz, I thought there were painless (or anyway, faster) ways to end an animals suffering?

Yes there are. With my cat I felt like "as long as he comes begging for food, I'm not gonna have him put down" which he did until that afternoon, plus when he went comatose, I thought he'd just go quietly like my other cat did.. When I saw him choking like that I wanted to call the vet to end it, but A) the cat would have died on his own before the vet could come over anyway, and B) it was almost midnight when he died so the vet was unavailable anyway (I think he was out all that day.)

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
CyberMonkey said:
That has nothing to do with cleverness... How would you feel if you would sit for months after months in a tiny, stinking cage? I would dig/bite a hole too :)
People just look at a hamster and think "aah how cute!" and forget that it's a living animal which needs space to live and interesting things to do, and, as every other animal, can be really cruel if it needs to or if it's fucked up. However, in a cage, it doesn't need to be cruel but is fucked up all the time.
Look, a hamster with the entire map of the house tattooed on its chest.
prisonbreak.jpg

:lol:

matt_shaw

Just another .ca?
No I am just getting pissed off because lately classmates have caught onto the fact that I am a fucking genius, and now everyday I get questions on how to do some assignment or help them with their homework.