Random Thoughts....

A Hummer H2.

:p

sitting here in Brisbane airport waiting for my flight back to Adelaide. I've had mixed success with my trip tbh (job interview) and I'll be glad to get back to Adelaide and re-evaluate my options.

How silly is it to still get misty-eyed whenever I think about my Scion and how much I miss it? This new car doesn't feel like mine yet it's in my name (woo!), feels more like a nice rental car. *sigh*

I miss my car! :cry:

Not silly at all. Sentimental value can do that.

What did you end up buying?
Yea, i'd quite like to know as well.

If Avatar actually wins anymore awards minus "Best CGI" over Moon people really need to have their heads checked.

I think I have everything packed for my Madtown weekend as long as I remember my toiletries and glasses case in the morning.

Righto, that's me off for the weekend. Maybe if I get some decent photos of the game I'll throw them in my PhotoBouquet, especially if there's any fights.

Get any good ones, post 'em up. There's a serious lack of hockey(or support thereof) around here.

I got a 2008 VW Rabbit in white. I like it well enough. Didn't want to get another Scion as they do rattle a bit too much, not enough horsepower aaaaand it looks nice. Need to get tint on it before spring/summer as burnig isn't fun! Actually I can already feel my skin buuuuurning in the sun while driving.

Reactions: TC
What the hell am I doing wrong? None of my parents' decades-old cookie sheets/baking pans buckle, so why are ALL of mine twisted? The worst part is that they buckle in the oven, and then I try to rest them on the burner racks on the stove so they can cool, but they don't lay flat and kinda slide around...and then, a few minutes later, *bang* as the pan pops back into a different shape, jumps off the stove, and tosses the cookies on the floor, while still being hot enough to make a mark in the vinyl floor.

I bet your parents sheets are much thicker.

I wish that were the case. The last one I bought must weigh triple the one I always used back home. It's a shitty oven, so a thick pan helps aleviate the horrible unevenness of the heating, and the wide temperature swings when it kicks in and out. Could this bad oven be bad enough to ruin cookware? :blink:

So your oven is so bad, it is unevenly heating the pan? I can see that causing some serious warpage.

I got a 2008 VW Rabbit in white. I like it well enough. Didn't want to get another Scion as they do rattle a bit too much, not enough horsepower aaaaand it looks nice. Need to get tint on it before spring/summer as burnig isn't fun! Actually I can already feel my skin buuuuurning in the sun while driving.

YOU'VE BOUGHT A GOLF!

Congrats on the new car Chels. Every time I think of those VW Rabbits, it reminds me of that Rabbit concept car, the VW Thunderbunny. :p

I wish that were the case. The last one I bought must weigh triple the one I always used back home. It's a shitty oven, so a thick pan helps aleviate the horrible unevenness of the heating, and the wide temperature swings when it kicks in and out. Could this bad oven be bad enough to ruin cookware? :blink:

Get the double layer insulated pans. They're so much better and they don't have the warping problem. They cook nearly evenly throughout cookies as well, so no burned bottoms when the top is just getting done.

What the hell am I doing wrong? None of my parents' decades-old cookie sheets/baking pans buckle, so why are ALL of mine twisted? The worst part is that they buckle in the oven, and then I try to rest them on the burner racks on the stove so they can cool, but they don't lay flat and kinda slide around...and then, a few minutes later, *bang* as the pan pops back into a different shape, jumps off the stove, and tosses the cookies on the floor, while still being hot enough to make a mark in the vinyl floor.

The best thing to do is hit up a restaurant supply house and buy yourself a few half-sheet pans. They have rolled sides and ultra thick metal. They're dirt cheap and last forever. If you need non-stick for something just line them with parchment paper (not wax) or get some of those silicone mats if you're so inclined.

Get the double layer insulated pans. They're so much better and they don't have the warping problem. They cook nearly evenly throughout cookies as well, so no burned bottoms when the top is just getting done.

I don't know that I'd recommend this unless you're ultra anal about dishes. They'll get ruined the first time you stick them in an automatic dishwasher. You have to be pretty meticulous about how you care for them. I myself am nowhere near this meticulous (although I have no doubts that Mr. Nab is :p )

I don't know that I'd recommend this unless you're ultra anal about dishes. They'll get ruined the first time you stick them in an automatic dishwasher. You have to be pretty meticulous about how you care for them. I myself am nowhere near this meticulous (although I have no doubts that Mr. Nab is :p )

We have no dishwasher, so it's not a problem. :lol:

The best thing to do is hit up a restaurant supply house and buy yourself a few half-sheet pans. They have rolled sides and ultra thick metal. They're dirt cheap and last forever. If you need non-stick for something just line them with parchment paper (not wax) or get some of those silicone mats if you're so inclined.

^This is the route I have taken. I have 3 half sheets and "Silpats" to accompany them.

YOU'VE BOUGHT A GOLF!

Congrats on the new car Chels. Every time I think of those VW Rabbits, it reminds me of that Rabbit concept car, the VW Thunderbunny. :p

That I did!

I saw the Thunderbunny car (built for SEMA) and it looks ok. Already starting a list on what I'd like to do but this is a whole new world compared to Scion. Le sigh. Oh well.

That I did!

I saw the Thunderbunny car (built for SEMA) and it looks ok. Already starting a list on what I'd like to do but this is a whole new world compared to Scion. Le sigh. Oh well.

Sometimes change can be good! :) Congrats!

back to randomness: I'm shocked I've been able to be remotely coherent getting only 3 hours of sleep this entire day! :blink:

A Rabbit? :wub:

Not that I'm, um, partial to the name or anything...ohhhh never.

The spider on the wall is freaking me out. It is just sitting there doing spider like things, like sitting there, but my peripheral keeps telling me it is moving.