Random Thoughts....

How'd you pull that one off? I have 6 hours of class 4 days a week, work ~18 hours a week besides that and am doing homework the rest of the time.

Also, college != real life no matter how much it tries.

I dunno... The campus I go to is frequented by a lot of older people returning to school to finish/get their BAs. With that in mind, the university scheduled the higher level classes later at night so those people could fit them better into their schedule. Don't get me wrong it's not as though I lie around all day Mon. and Wed. with nothing to do. It's three classes a day, 18 credits, and I'm working two jobs at roughly 25hr/week combined.

Lindsay Lohan WAS hot a while ago, before turning into a skinny blond bitch...after that phase it was all downhill.
On a side note, why did we stopped looking for pretty girls in the Top Gear audience?

Last edited:
Who says we did stop? I still spot them :D

So I spent $180 on tools, $200 on tires, other money for oil, brakes, brake fluid, etc. I blew two days getting all this done on my bike so it could piss down rain for a fucking week!

On the other hand...
Cool: Seeing a nice Moto Guzzi out and about.
Hardcore: in the first serious rain of the season.
I'll be in my bunk: being ridden by a hot asian girl in high-heel riding boots and full leathers.

I would type more, but all the blood has rushed to my loins and impacted my fine motor skills.

Last edited:
That's the bad thing about bikes. When I finally got mine going I was basically driving like Michael Schumacher trying to get the title and insurance set up so I could ride it that night before the rain came. I brought the bike back home after the ride and it started raining as soon as I turned the engine off. :lol:

The only time I've ridden in the rain was during my MSF course. It poured buckets for about 20 minutes. Riding in the wet wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I felt the back end slipping a little under acceleration and I very nearly dropped it when doing quick stop drills, but other than that it was fun. :p At least I was able to save the bike unlike the guy two riders behind me.

Not bad, you say? Do you have any idea how much rain hurts at 70 mph? Even with a full face helmet those drops sting like crazy.

It hurts when I go 70 on my bike in the rain."
Then don't do 70 on your bike in the rain! :p

Sorry, I had to! :lol: I've got no experience riding quickly in the rain so I can't really argue with what you said. I'm still new to motorcycling so even riding at those speeds when it's dry is a little hairy sometimes.

Boo hoo, try out-of-nowhere hail at highway speeds. By the time I got home I couldn't feel my knees.

I can deal with rain; come hail I hide under the nearest overpass.

Speaking of motorcycles...

TODAY'S SIGN THE WORLD IS ENDING
A handlebar-mounted cup holder - for motorcycles.
G_12152G_CL_1.jpg

Dear God, what is the world coming to?

P.S. Is JC Whitney a good place for cheap bike parts? Most of their stuff seems generic, which is kind of unnerving. I'm specifically looking at their shocks and mufflers, and hopefully the "too good to be true" law can DIAF this time.

Did I read correctly on the main page that VUK is back??

I have never used JC Whitney, but I would be hesitant. I've seen some of the stuff that they have sold for cars and I was less than impressed. There's a much lower failure tolerance on bikes.

Let me ask you this: How much is your life worth? You might get away with the mufflers (be sure to get the right ones or you have to re-jet your carbs), but I'm not too wild about the shocks. Remember those shocks keep your wheels on the ground, especially in a turn.

Last edited:
That's true; advice on sohc4.us says the same thing, but I just wish there was a happy medium between the $200+ Hagon shocks and the cheapo generic $90 shocks that didn't involve eBay and their NOS replacements or generally dubious auctions (a brand I've never heard of, that can support 550s all the way up to big heavy GL1000s? :think:). I've been looking at Progressive Suspension but those are around the same price. I'm a cheap bastard, but I suppose in the end it's you get what you pay for. :dunno:

Last edited:
I got my bike's mirrors from JC Whitney. $10 for the pair and they're not all rusty or broken yet! :mrgreen: But would I get a major part of my bike from them...no. If nothing else you'll probably save money in the end by not having to replace the cheap parts after a few months because they're crap.

Not bad, you say? Do you have any idea how much rain hurts at 70 mph? Even with a full face helmet those drops sting like crazy.

It ain't that bad. I love ridiing in rain and then getting to the end, peeling off my waterproofs, changing my shoes and then I am as dry as if I got in the car.

No worries Austere, we're scoping out places to play tonight (although we're prolly going to end up here), so your flight will prolly be here in time to play tomorrow night :)

Anyone ever had one of those days that's just crap from the first minute? You know the one I'm talking about; where from the moment you wake up you just know it will be a shitty day and all you want to do is roll over and go back to sleep.

Yeah, today is one of those days. Sicne I am typing this I'm sure you can guess that my first plan of action did not reach fruition. Curse my sensibility!

I've had a serious case of The Fuck-Its recently, and it's starting to show.

Anyone ever had one of those days that's just crap from the first minute? You know the one I'm talking about; where from the moment you wake up you just know it will be a shitty day and all you want to do is roll over and go back to sleep.

Yeah, today is one of those days. Sicne I am typing this I'm sure you can guess that my first plan of action did not reach fruition. Curse my sensibility!

I've had a serious case of The Fuck-Its recently, and it's starting to show.

I can tell you're having a shitty day... mostly because you miss-typed something. That rarely happens. I know what you mean though. I had one of those days last week. I rolled out of bed and stepped on the corner of a textbook with the arch of my foot. It was the start of a terrible day.