Random Thoughts....

The best part of all the networking promotion is that many people who have gotten up with the craze, only collect people on their social media page which is just useless collecting. Networks can be valuable, but only if they are put to use or actually are on a level they can be used.

And yes, I'm a terrible networker and terrible with names. Nor do I use Bookface or Twatter.

OK...Here are the titles of the case studies in my Consumption and Consumer Culture tutorials.

Week 3 - St. Patrick's Day Parade, talking about Ireland's celebrations vs the US celebrations and culture.

Week 4 - Queer Consumption, all about LGBT culture, and how it impacts Consumer Culture.

Week 5 - Cultural Consumption and The Simpsons

Week 6 - Lara Croft's Body. :blink:

Now, our tutor hasn't the best English, so I am interested in seeing how Week 6 is going to go...

This course actually sounds like a lot of fun.

This course actually sounds like a lot of fun.

The content is pretty cool, but it's kind of hard to have any idea what the fuck he's on about in class...

And I am fucked for the project...We are meant to submit group info by the end of next week. I still don't have a group yet :?

Also...The notes they sent us for the Lara Croft one...has a picture of her tits :p

That is going to be a particularly giggly tutorial...

The content is pretty cool, but it's kind of hard to have any idea what the fuck he's on about in class...

And I am fucked for the project...We are meant to submit group info by the end of next week. I still don't have a group yet :?

Also...The notes they sent us for the Lara Croft one...has a picture of her tits :p

That is going to be a particularly giggly tutorial...

Of course there are pictures of her tits or any of the girls in class wouldn't know what the case was all about. You know, they don't use the internet or play games or such. Lara Croft series has always been about the evolution of her tits and bum, from cubes to balloons. Plus something about treasures or something which nobody has yet figured out.

I guess a good conclusion would be that sex sells. Lara gives men tingling feelings and girls want to be that ridiculously proportioned, sexual yet very successful woman in the very man dominant tomb raiding world.

Now go and ask random people and the lecturer for group. If everything else fails, make up imaginary exchange students from Norway who suddenly disappear.

???

Profit.

I believe Tomb Raider kicked off the now-ubiquitous trend of the sexy female protagonist.

Of course there are pictures of her tits or any of the girls in class wouldn't know what the case was all about. You know, they don't use the internet or play games or such. Lara Croft series has always been about the evolution of her tits and bum, from cubes to balloons. Plus something about treasures or something which nobody has yet figured out.

I guess a good conclusion would be that sex sells. Lara gives men tingling feelings and girls want to be that ridiculously proportioned, sexual yet very successful woman in the very man dominant tomb raiding world.

Now go and ask random people and the lecturer for group. If everything else fails, make up imaginary exchange students from Norway who suddenly disappear.

???

Profit.

Easier said than done...I am painfully shy and awkward in social situations :(

Last edited:
Looks like Google Street View finally made it to Finland.
1. Get Stig suit
2. Follow Google van around
3. ...win.

If he's everywhere, there's no way they'll block them all out, riiiiight? That would also mean that Finland could claim both Stig and Santa Claus...mwahaha.

Last edited:
1. Get Stig suit
3. ...win.

If he's everywhere, there's no way they'll block them all out, riiiiight? That would also mean that Finland could claim both Stig and Santa Claus...mwahaha.

Too late for that, they shoot pretty much the whole country last summer. :| And looks like I was at work when they drove by.

1. Get Stig suit
3. ...win.

Go up to Whistler then. And you get bonus points if you're perched atop a snowmobile. That should get those loser fanboys over at Finalgear in a tizzy!

Easier said than done...I am painfully shy and awkward in social situations :(

Oh come on, you already have a subject and a motive! It's not like your are trying to chat up a cute German exchange student who was definitely flirting with her pretty eyes over the dance floor.

If you want to learn about shyness, you should apply for a year over here. Haven't met a native English speaker at my uni yet, all Spanish or something silly. I dare you! :p

Hmm...there wouldn't happen to be anywhere in Finland that wants to hire a painfully shy film major next January, would there? :lol:

- needs less talkative people in her life

Hmm...there wouldn't happen to be anywhere in Finland that wants to hire a painfully shy film major next January, would there? :lol:

- needs less talkative people in her life

Now your sentence doesn't make much sense, but I guessing you are suffering caffeine shortage and your brains have turned to pudding.

Regarding January next year. Well, it's dark, snow and moody. We like foreigners making films about us so there's a movie for you. Oh, and 2011 is parliament election farce so you might get a more serious backdrop on your film de m?lancolie.

Yeah, I can supply you with reindeer guts or whatever you need for chock value and hit you up with sad people. :lol:

I dare you!

Last edited:
Caffeine = not working anymore.

Reindeer guts = excellent, but I may need to summon Sasquatch, too.

Graduating at the end of this year ftmfkgkdfhovssjkmshkl--win.

I just had a tiny small concussion...
Sleigh riding isn't as safe as it used to be. Hit a ramp and landed on my head. The next 2 minutes are just a blur. I don't remember anything.

Snow day numbero 3. I love Pittsburgh.

So I'm going to kick my dad's ass. I noticed something the other day on my car. The valve stem caps were those little chrome steel things, but they didn't come with the car. I must have had them laying somewhere in my garage. Over the weekend he thought he'd be a nice guy and organize a few things for me, since I still hadn't unpacked a few boxes out there. So what's the problem? The problem is there were only 3 of those valve stem caps. So I have 3 chrome caps and 1 black plastic cap. ... ... ... Is this his idea of a joke? The man is meticulous when it comes to cars, he's almost borderline obsessive compulsive. I tried looking everywhere for the missing 3 black caps, but I can't find them. So yeah, he's getting his old ass kicked.