Random Thoughts....

they wouldn't let us use our phones during the test and they provided us with a bit of paper to work out the calculations. But even then i'm still stuck. Its one of those things that i can probably work out in my own time but when i'm given a time limit deadline, that kind of goes out the window and all my brain can come up with is :blink:

So it was pretty much a cognitive ability test? I had to do one for a job application recently. 50 questions of basic maths and reasoning ability in 12 minutes. Impossible by anyone's standards, but they graded you on what you got right for the questions you attempted (if you answered all 50 correctly, you're probably overqualified :p). You had to show a good balance between the skills being tested (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, reasoning, spelling, etc) and even if you didnt know the answer, put something down anyway coz they'll mark you on whether you even bothered the question or not. I only found that out after though, and another person I spoke to disagreed with that anyway.

Grrrr. I hate packing. I think I need some decent luggage cases. The old ones my mum used to use when going on conferences are a little too big for what I need, and will take up a lot of space in my friend's car. My other bags are too small and awkward....or just plain falling apart. <_<

I have to be up early tomorrow to drop my car off at my father's place, where it can be put away securely while I'm away, before he takes me and my stuff to my friend's place. Our street is too dodgy atm to leave it in our garage (which doesn't lock properly) when no-one will be home. I'm worried someone might break into it only to find nothing of value inside and decide to damage it instead. Just last night two houses at the end of our street were broken into and vandalised, and one place had pretty much all their jewelry stolen.

Anyway, I'd better be off to bed then. :yawn: Goodnight everyone!

Well, that's just incomprehensibly stupid. No knowledge of basic physics there! :wall:

we once had the same thing...

we were abusing a peugeot 205 in a friends wood/forest, when the engine died. so we phoned for someone with a truck to pull us back.

very fun as long as we were in the wood, constantly pulling handbrakes, sliding left to rights...

until we came on concrete...

pull up handbrake...and see the truck take off with the front of the car

the look on our face must've been priceless :D

bumper, grill and headlights were gone...

we pushed it on a trailer, and brought it to the press...

So it was pretty much a cognitive ability test? I had to do one for a job application recently. 50 questions of basic maths and reasoning ability in 12 minutes. Impossible by anyone's standards, but they graded you on what you got right for the questions you attempted (if you answered all 50 correctly, you're probably overqualified :p). You had to show a good balance between the skills being tested (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, reasoning, spelling, etc) and even if you didnt know the answer, put something down anyway coz they'll mark you on whether you even bothered the question or not. I only found that out after though, and another person I spoke to disagreed with that anyway.

yeah thats essentially what it was. i did what i could do and attempted to do what i had difficulty with. there were some that was left blank but that was just because i ran out of time. Either way, i did my best and at the end of the day thats all i can do.

A question; addressed to students, doing Physics at school/college/whatever.

Do any of you know of, or have to do Webassign?

If you do, don't you agree its one of the most irritating things ever?

My mate made this, using a genuine FB post :p. Warning: Includes a certain banned meme. Do not click if you do not know what Webassign is, or do not wish to see it! Click Please don't ban me : P

Last edited:
18 Paczkis in two weeks that's a new record.

Translation: "do not click if you are Quiky."

Arrgh, my university is a drama-filled cesspool of drama.

Someone post teh funniez. Or shiny things. Shiny pretty things work, too.

(Where's the thing to click?)

Hahahaaaaa..."Fluffy Playlist."

That is awesome.

A company I want to apply to sets you 80 maths questions for 8 minutes, you have to score 50-something to pass. I got 30-somethings in a mock test, so I need some practice. With practice all these tests are doable.

Grr dreams.
My subconscious is so good at making the perfect girl for me in dreams that it starts to become a lucid dream, however it's one of those series of dreams that when you wake up you're immediately disappointed because you'll never meet that girl. I wish I had never woken up, just live out my life in dreamland with my perfect girlfriend and enjoy it. It was so real until someone decided to wake me up, I'm somewhat sad now, that was the best dream in months.

The grocery store here got in Vernor's ginger ale today. Normally we have to go across the country to get it. I bought 3 cases. :w00t: