Random Thoughts....

Thread needs more puffalumps saying hi to sheep:

n9200715_36013562_3520.jpg

Off to my first adult gig as an adult. Phoenix at Festival Hall. Can't be worse than moshing at an underage hardcore gig?

I got invited to one of those 'under 18' gatherings a couple of months ago from a friend I hadn't seen in years..ended up not going though since I would've just gotten off an 8hour flight..guess I won't be chasing New Year's Eve parties any time soon.

Actually we have an entire flikr photostream :mrgreen: Those span at least the last year and a half, I think. The game's been going almost 3 years strong, now. 3rd anniversary is in August. I'll have been playing 2 years in July. :) We also have a Werewolf: The Apocalypse LARP here, but I don't think we have any photos yet because this game just started in September. The old game, ran by different people and which ran for about 5 years, does have a flickr...somewhere. But that game ended about the time the new one started.

EDIT: Also, all the pictures in the photostream where everyone's all dressed up with masks are from our Winter Formal which we had a couple weeks back. Everything else is what we normally look like on any given game night. I'm the girl in the blue dress with pointed ears, in case you're wondering :) (That character is not who my corset and boots are for, however. She died last session :( )

I have been LARPing back and forth for over ten years now, mostly Vampire: The Masquerade but also a few post-apocalyptic ones. Werewolf: The Apocalypse sound nice but i think there will be some problems illustrating the shapeshifting. Crinos is bad stuff. ;)

a shitty ending to a shitty week...im so glad to be on spring break now...

I'm hopefully getting my new Nano tomorrow :D

FM radio and video camera in it this time, and I intend not to take it out of my sight!! :p

Now...what colour? Purple again...green or blue? :hmm:

I'm hopefully getting my new Nano tomorrow :D

FM radio and video camera in it this time, and I intend not to take it out of my sight!! :p

Now...what colour? Purple again...green or blue? :hmm:

I like the blue, but it's really a personal choice lol. What color do you like the most? :)

I like the blue, but it's really a personal choice lol. What color do you like the most? :)

I'll probably get the green, if it's available. It's kind of my colour :p

[hippy]*Not literally. You can't like own a colour, man[/hippy]

In a few hours, I'm going on Spring Break. 12 hour trip to Florida, 5 people in one car...ummm...

In a few hours, I'm going on Spring Break. 12 hour trip to Florida, 5 people in one car...ummm...

You got a gas mask, in case some of your buddies have been to a mexican restaurant earlier?

The classic rock radio station here that used to be commercial free now has commercials.

<_<

I have been LARPing back and forth for over ten years now, mostly Vampire: The Masquerade but also a few post-apocalyptic ones. Werewolf: The Apocalypse sound nice but i think there will be some problems illustrating the shapeshifting. Crinos is bad stuff. ;)

We just use hand signs to show what forms we're in...but a lot of people get creative and crawl around for lupus, or make themselves all big and tough-looking and make loud roars and howls and shouty noises for crinos...you know, that sort of thing. XD

Something which I find disturbing right now: teen boys' obsession with CoD4. That and teen girls' obsession with Twilight. As I am a fan of neither, that does not make me asexual. As a matter of fact, it makes me part of the anti-Illuminati resistance.

With CoD4:

Children from as young as 11, from all around the world, are playing CoD. They seemed to be mesmerised by it. I happen to know people who have spent 12 hours straight playing on the damn thing. And what is this game about? War. Suspicious? Yes, it's rated 18. That can't be helped. If it was 3+, that would result in an outcry. Anyways, since when did ratings stop kids from getting the games they want?

Now let's look into closer detail over the game's plotline. Quoting Wikipedia:

"Russian Ultranationalist leader Imran Zakhaev, who plans to return his motherland to the times of the Soviet Union, draws international attention away from his plans by funding a coup d'?tat in an unnamed Middle Eastern country, organized by a local separatist leader named Khaled Al-Asad. Discovering the plot, the British and American governments initiate a police action to stop the uprisings in both regions.

Note how the player is fighting "ultranationalists". Because surely when the world revolution comes, there are going to be some that oppose a single unified state? And those will be portrayed as the extremists, I bet. I've asked around, and nobody seems to know what the game is actually about. If everyone knew, there'd be some people on the internet like this guy questioning the motives of the game. Not that anyone would believe them at first, but when the revolution begins to initiate it would start to become apparent. Slowly and subliminally, CoD4 is drilling Illuminati ideas into children's heads.

Why? Because children are the future. The Illuminati are using CoD4 to train an army.

More proof here:
[YOUTUBE]6LcTVbiE2Pk[/YOUTUBE]

I'd say the pyramid is pretty convincing. Also: some of you will have heard about this recently from the CoD thread in the Entertainment section:

Jason West and Vince Zampella, two lead developers at Infinity Ward, met with Activision earlier today. Then they seemed to disappear and "bouncer-types" showed up at the studio. This Activision filing might explain why.

"The Company is concluding an internal human resources inquiry into breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward," Acitivsion states in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. "This matter is expected to involve the departure of key personnel and litigation. At present, the Company does not expect this matter to have a material impact on the Company."

Activision also adds that it will be releasing another Call of Duty game this year. That game is believed to be developed Treyarch.

According to West's Facebook and Linked In pages, he is currently no longer working for Infinity Ward.

http://kotaku.com/5483427/activision-cites-infinity-ward-insubordination

Sounds very suspicious. I bet both of them are being very careful to what they say with the press for the sake of their lives.

Now let's look at the other side of the coin: Twilight.

Note how both franchises are almost mutually exclusive based on gender. Also notice how both gained popularity at about the same time.

Look at this character: Bella Swan. She has no personality whatsoever, and not just because Stephanie Meyer can't write. Not only does she act as a glove for all girls to put themselves in her position, but it also makes her seems somewhat insecure and somewhat submissive. I mean, why would the Illuminati want women to have a personality? Surely in their ideal society as with Hitler's ideal society, women only serve the purpose to breed?

Also, one more thing. Twilight is shite. It's so shite that it completely breaks down the individuality and intelligence of its fans. Thus: they become perfect subjects for mind control. Same thing for Call of Duty. CoD addicts get so little sleep they're basically zombies.

I think my IQ dropped after reading that.

^ I wasn't being serious...

I spent a day reading that vigilantcitizen website and I couldn't stop laughing. It was supposed to be a parody...

Nevermind. Should have just kept it to myself.

In that case: Terrible parody. Deadpan humour doesn't work on the internet.

We just use hand signs to show what forms we're in...but a lot of people get creative and crawl around for lupus, or make themselves all big and tough-looking and make loud roars and howls and shouty noises for crinos...you know, that sort of thing. XD

Wonderful! :D I used to visit all kind of LARP's but i think the States are a bit outside my budget, sadly. ;)

Wait a minute... was that even George Harrison? Oh, maybe it was Paul. I dunno, anyway, it was definitely The Beatles at least.

It was Paul. Paul was also the walrus; miss him, miss him....

That's what I get for wearing high heeled boots downtown. That's another thing I need, gel inserts.

Become a militant lesbian and then wear sensible shoes.

Why do I need to go out and buy grape rum or coconut tequila?! Who the fuck thinks up these flavors, anyway?! Blech.

Marketed towards women. So if your friends are male, tell them to stop being pussies drinking womany alcohol!

I'm watching the Eurosong thingy for Ireland

Michael Ball's gift to the world is that if he didn't win, we may never have seen Riverdance.

Cheers Ball!! :p