Random Thoughts....

I am confoozeled. Around March 2-3 Australians were whooping it up because Autumn was now there. Here, Spring does not start until March the 20th. I figured that because of I being in the Northern, and they in the Southern hemisphere the seasons would change at the same time. I already understand why the seasons are opposite (satanism, 9/11 conspiracy, birthers, annual migration of diesel dykes), just confused in the timing of it.

Why the two week difference? I abhor ignorance; so if someone can clear this up, I would be much obliged.

Because most people just go off the month

I'm going to an outdoor wedding today...hopefully we don't get a repeat of yesterday's storm!

I enjoyed my garlic prawns for dinner last night, until 4.30am this morning. I was horribly ill, and then spent the next hour cleaning the bathroom. :(

I am confoozeled. Around March 2-3 Australians were whooping it up because Autumn was now there. Here, Spring does not start until March the 20th. I figured that because of I being in the Northern, and they in the Southern hemisphere the seasons would change at the same time. I already understand why the seasons are opposite (satanism, 9/11 conspiracy, birthers, annual migration of diesel dykes), just confused in the timing of it.

Why the two week difference? I abhor ignorance; so if someone can clear this up, I would be much obliged.

Didn't Bush push daylight savings back by a few weeks back in '03 or '04? That could possibly be the reason.

That is a bugger!
I'd only got to bed at 3am too. I'm so tired.

And guys, our daylight savings goes until the first week in April or something, and we still consider it Autumn.

I was always taught;
summer = December, January, February
autumn = March, April, May
winter = June, July, August
spring = September, October, November

Maybe just because it's easy to remember that way?

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo[/YOUTUBE]

I lol'ed

Last edited:
I was watching this

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jux8lG8M4wQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

my god has Vicki aged badly

I was always taught;
summer = December, January, February
autumn = March, April, May
winter = June, July, August
spring = September, October, November

Maybe just because it's easy to remember that way?
I've known for a long time that it's the opposite way round in Australia, but seeing it spelled out like that is just bizarre. My birthday in winter? Zounds, you cad!

My random thought: I was just chillin' in the User CP and spotted the option that says 'Edit Avatar'... god I wish I could... screw James Cameron and his compulsion to film boring shit like walking

Last edited:
I am confoozeled. Around March 2-3 Australians were whooping it up because Autumn was now there. Here, Spring does not start until March the 20th. [snip, etc]

I refuse to accept that the seasons only change when the man tells me so. I will never accept that winter starts on December 21st when it's already been freezing and there's been snow on the ground for a month a half. Cold + snow = winter. Not autumn, winter.

Unrelated, today we finally got rid of the fourteen-ish year old 25 inch CRT TV in the living room with a sexy little 720p 32 inch Panasonic. Yay, now the TV will actually be watchable during the day because it's brighter and not a giant convex mirror. And the old TV was crappy and the colours had gone crappy and the photons weren't going where they were supposed to so the whole thing was blurry and text was super hard to read. So yay. (and don't make fun of the little 720p TV because we have a big plasma screen in the basement, also a Panasonic because Panasonic is a vury gud company)

I am currently eating a sandwich consisting of 6 strips of applewood smoked bacon, 1 slice of colby jack cheese and 2 pieces of white bread.

Mmmmmmm

I spent my afternoon watching Alice in Wonderland in 3-D. I particularly enjoyed the half-hour's worth of adverts and trailers before the damn thing even started. And why the fuck is it necessary to remake The Karate Kid?

The facepalm came during the pre-movie ads where people were encouraged to text whether Taylor Swift or Beyonce looked less like a whore on the red carpet, followed by people being told to silence their cellphones.

Oh, yeah. The movie was good.