Random Thoughts....

hee hee hee, I'm not blue anymore.....

Ah-ha, vB 4.0 has arrived!

It needs a bit of a shake down, but I like it.

So, VIPs not blue and not a dudes not pink, also avis a bit odd. Hmmmm!

Test of posting to see how that goes. :cool:

EDIT Test: Big ugly gap at the top extending down to the end of the user info on the left. Not liking that.

Last edited:
Christ, I actually closed the window thinking the FinalGear forum was a pop-up... it looks so different... :blink:

I have nothing to complain about with the new layout. Our overlords will tweak here and there and make more atheistically pleasing.

I don't like this newness! Rabble rabble rabble!

rabblerabble1251158120.jpg

^You should hear some of the things my brothers neighbours say. He lives next door to a council flat building. And some of these people wonder why they can't get jobs.

I imagine it's like these guys, though last night was particularly amusing because of the cyclical nature of the argument. Here is a pretty much verbatim account:

<Man> You locked your kids in the basement!
<Woman> I never locked my kids in the basement!
<Man> You knew about it!
<Woman> [expletive deleted] You!
<Man> You went out drinking!
<Woman> [Something inaudible, the one time I heard it it was something about getting fired]
<Man> At least I don't lock my kids in the basement!

And rinse, lather, repeat. For about an hour. If I had to go to work this morning it would have been annoying, but it was kind of funny since they didn't seem to realize how cyclical their argument was.

Also, I'm liking quick reply muchly.

Fresh baked blueberry scones and chai tea with cream and sugar; damn life is good.

So I finally finished my DT project for this year - this time a coffee table :p And I actually sort of like it. I must say that this picture makes it look very good, however there is too much filler where the edging joins the sheets. I made a design that would try and work around this (as I knew it would look crap if it needed any things joining - and it did! :lol:) but my teacher decided this was the best solution <_<

4ind7d.jpg

Oh and that piece of paper did have my name and canditiate number on it (for the record photos), but I decided that I didn't want to post that :p. And the other thing is the concept model. Total size is approx. 1000x700x420mm.

Edit: And I must also say that the fact its not sitting flat is because that floor is not flat, not my project. It sits perfectly elsewhere.

Last edited:
Looks like something you would see in a modern furniture store. Would you say this design could be made to be modular, or something only a craftsman could construct?

Edit: And I must also say that the fact its not sitting flat is because that floor is not flat, not my project. It sits perfectly elsewhere.

That's why it's better to give it distinctive "feet" to stand on, and not a baseplate. Or, at least, that's what I learned in my "machine construction" lecture. ;)

You could simply put some flat, circular pieces under each corner, I think that would probably be enough to give it a better stand on less-than-perfect ground without taking away much from the visuals.

Last edited:
^ Yeah I was thinking of putting feet on it, but I'd rather it sits flat rather than slightly raised up. It certainly wouldn't take much to add any if I decide to in the future.

And @Jayhawk: Thanks! This was a design inspired by IKEA furniture, so it is (almost) completely flat pack. It splits into 4 main pieces: the top and bottom sheets, the display shelf and the stand (which has another small horiontal sheet that you can't see for stability). The metal poles and glass come out separately too. It certainly wouldn't take much for IKEA to start making it - they have all the right materials (we have a TV cabinet at home that uses 30mm thick fibreboard - this uses 19mm thick MDF with edging pieces added on).

My inkling that it was him was when I was switching tabs and listened without video. After listening to Forever And Ever Amen twenty bajillion times you get a feel for a singers voice.

But I don't think the first guy is Ben Folds; the second is a tribute to the piano dude by Ben F.

Public, I'm pretty sure they're both him. He's wearing the same jacket! And like Jay said, it's definitely his voice. I'm probably wrong, but it certainly looks and sounds like him.

Last edited: