Random Thoughts....

Maybe dress up like Sharon Stone in Fatal Attraction and recreate that scene (you know, THAT scene) while stating you are a conscientious objector to war.

Say it while uncrossing your legs. Slowly.
Well it's way late now when I'm a trained killer. Maybe my skills handling explosives and driving trucks become handy once the zombie apocalypse begins.
Join the club. I've learned alcohol tolerance and a few token things here and there, but none of it is worth NEARLY the pricetag they put on the whole mess.
At least mine is technically free, I'm actually getting paid more than my expenses meaning studying = profit.

Oh shit I never shared my Metallica story here. I'm just going to copy/paste it from my facebook note so cut me a bit of slack :p.

K, here's the setup. I was at the Metallica concert in Minneapolis on October 13th, on the rail, right by one of the corners of the stage, right in front of a microphone. Next to me are 3 kids with their dad. After the fourth song of the show, James Hetfield (rhythm guitar/singer) throws one of his picks in my direction. I catch it and hand it to the youngest kid, a girl of about 8 or 9 years of age. James notices this and immediately throws another pick DIRECTLY at me. A couple songs later, he comes down from the stage, comes STRAIGHT TO ME, grabs my hand and puts one of his wristbands right into my hand, saying "That was totally fucking awesome of you to give that pick to that little girl, dude!" I reply with a "HELL YEAH" and James proceeds to give the rest of the family picks. All the guys next to me were like "DUDE HE CAME RIGHT UP TO YOU AND FUCKING TALKED TO YOU HOLY SHIT!" Even thinking about it now and writing about this is enough to get me all excited and riled up, it's insane! GOD THAT WAS AN AWESOME SHOW

ps Misrabelle are you in a seat or on the floor?
I got "magnetic zone" tickets, which is the floor area. Have to bring out my platform stompy boots to make sure I can see, and not get knocked over.
Hate to point it out, but goddammit, you got METALLICA TICKETS! For god's (or the devil's) sake, be happy about it and not ruin this moment (for you as much as for us) by starting to complain about your friends once again!
Fuck them. I wouldn't even waste my breath on asking, I know they'd say no. I'd just go alone, as I've done many times before.

To explain the context of my previous post: I bought a spare because a workmate said he wanted one. As he did with Pearl Jam last year. Then at the last minute pulled out and left me $130 out of pocket, with a spare ticket I couldn't even give away.
I think I'm well within my rights to be weary of this happening again, while still being optimistic that things may actually go as planned. Either way, I will be there, and I will enjoy the show.

"the first rule of littering is we do not talk about littering"

They're 14, they ain't going to get the references

You'd be better putting a picture of Justin Bieber saying that he thinks littering is uncool

'Tis. Where did you see it, I need to see this! Who was it?

Derren Brown completely showing up Joe Power. It was fucking awesome.

Joe at one point got so angry to the point that he forgot how to speak "Are you j-crotching me, Derren?" :lol:

So last week... specifically last Friday I was bummed out because I couldn't answer a question my mentor had asked me, and it was in front of this prospective grad student. So basically I was made to look a fool.
Yeah, and I can look at people I work with every day and totally forget their names. Mind a complete blank. Or I give them new names. It happens. And the timing usually sucks.

Someone's watching....

To think that 2 hours of coding and reading could end up in adding so much more self-esteem, confidence, and correct a whole week's worth of work.
I'm freaking happy now.
:clap:

I have no idea what you just said but it sounds brilliant!

what she said! :grin:

Yeah, and I can look at people I work with every day and totally forget their names. Mind a complete blank. Or I give them new names. It happens. And the timing usually sucks.

Same here. Think I posted about my wonderful Facebook mixup moment on here. That was incredibly embarrassing :lol:

Aughhhh. This final project is STILL not done. I blame the bunny in my av for being puffy, wonderful, and totally evil enough to convince me to take a nap when I should've been working.

Booooooo!

Just got my notice to apply for a full drivers license. Apparently having a clean driving record means you get a 25% discount on renewing your license :)

So I'm torn between the decision to try and go to college, or keep trying to find a job. I hate school, the mere thought of any form of it makes me physically ill - and college isn't free, and when you're broke that makes the prospect of it even scarier. Even with the few scholarships I'd probably be able to get, I might still be paying off college dues until I'm dead.

Today I decided I'm going to try and apply for a job at a floral shop. Because, at least as far as I know, they don't require you to have a degree - and I intend to get a letter of recommendation from my high school horticulture teacher just in case. It should pay off, I'm not bad at working with flowers and plants, and I actually enjoy it and there's a floral shop right in town so I figure I have nothing to lose by trying.

Because I really don't want to go back to school. :(

Anywho, all of this booze talk has me thinking I should pick up something for my mom's grad. Dunno what though..

It's hard to go wrong with a bottle of Appleton, but if you're looking to share the goods a bit more formally with the whole family, a bottle of Mumm or Moet would be good too.

Just a picture of Xzibit with the words "Yo dawg...." on it should be enough. Those that get it will laugh and those that don't ........ meh.

This is the entire truth.

Derren Brown completely showing up Joe Power. It was fucking awesome.

Darren Brown is great.

-----------

Freshly baked bread is great. Hmmmm Guava Jam and bread...

How did it get so late so fast? Damnit.

Hope Dad brings my bus home so I can sleep in a bit longer tomorrow. I'm off to the Zoo with a group from a school right near home.
I also hope that they let me into the zoo. The last few times I've been we couldn't get in. Taking my camera to get some pics of the baby elephants!

EDIT: YAY!! Daddy did bring my bus home! Only slight downside is that he will drive my car to work tomorrow instead. :unsure::-o

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH someone in an apartment close to mine is drilling or something in the brick wall, be quiet FFS :idiot: :x :glare:

You sure it's not just their cat?

I can't turn my speakers up enough to hear that :(

Anybody else have Pandora radio go full retard on them lately? I was at the gym this morning listening to my usual blend of hip hop, when out of nowhere during a max weight squat set a Googoo Dolls song pops up...