Random Thoughts....

Well, they did move Richmond's police office out of central Richmond to the "better part" of town... a few days after they moved in, they had a driveby on it. Oh well, I can't say much since I used to live in Oakland.

Wouldn't near the jail be a safe place? I mean, if I'm a criminal, I'm going to try and get as far away from the jail as fast as possible. *laughs* Actually, that was from some stand-up commedian...don't remember who...

And honestly, the only two murders I can think of in Palo Alto, CA in the area I used to work happened, literally steps from the police station...like...where you'd park if you were going into the police station.

My thinking is...would they put the DAs office in a shitty area? Wouldn't the workers/lawyers/officers going in and out all day kinda...demand a decent part of town?

No, they'll put the DA's office anywhere rent/land prices are cheap. If it's a nasty part of town, they'll simply put heavy security on it.

And no, the vicinity of the local jail is often (but not always) not a good place to be. You get people who have just been released, who are angry, maybe looking for a drug fix, and YOUR property is nearby to raid as a source of funds or materials.

Really, 7 days?
Here if you get a prescription it's good for 2 years and you can get them as repeating, as in I can get x amount of y 6 times so I don't have to bug my doctor every month.

It's a particularly well-controlled drug that has lots of special rules...

So, get to uni, try to print but my account insufficient funds, so I try to load $3 onto my card- won't take my coins (but it will take the coins of the guy behind me). So I resort to a $5 note, which it rips in half, takes one half of and and spits the other half back out. My account isn't credited either. Spend 15 minutes filling out an incident report to get my account credited, but of course I still need to print. Go downstairs to the other autoloader- it takes the damn coins. GAH. Print, then the stapler tries to murder my pieces of paper. Uni stuff hates me.

EDIT: on the prescription thing, I get one prescription with 2 "repeaters" (i.e. 3 boxes/lots of it), which is meant to last one year. My doctor also does prescription repeats without a consultation for a lower fee, which is quite helpful. Then again, I'm getting one of the most commonly prescribed medications to women, so I doubt there is too much control on it. :lol:

Last edited:
Something about the fact that I'd probably have died in the 7th grade without antibiotics. And acne is a bitch.

I refuse to take pills for stuff unless it's gotten to the point where it hinders my basic functions such as ingestion of water/food or breathing.

I used to have severe acne as well, but I never took pills for it. A better diet, and cleansing is a much nicer solution.

Having said that, I did get Hepatitis about 13 years ago, and was given some injections and pills for it.

My question was more to do with daily intake of pills for whatever reason.

Also, I don't mean to pick on anyone here, it was a general question, because EVERYONE on my dad's side of the family is like this. Medicine for everything. Whereas my mum's side is completely the opposite. Try a natural remedy or solution and after all options are exhausted, then resort to an pill of some sort.

Last edited:
^True enough. Which reminds me, I need to find my immunization stuffs. I honestly can't remember the last time I got any shots was in the 7th/8th grade or secondary...

No, they'll put the DA's office anywhere rent/land prices are cheap. If it's a nasty part of town, they'll simply put heavy security on it.

And no, the vicinity of the local jail is often (but not always) not a good place to be. You get people who have just been released, who are angry, maybe looking for a drug fix, and YOUR property is nearby to raid as a source of funds or materials.

I hate Everette, but the area around their jail is pretty safe. Hell most don't even realize it is a jail.

vfiles20336.jpg

Yay, the sirens are going off! Another lovely spring in tornado alley! /sarcasm

I had codine perscribed when I had laser surgery on my in-grown toenail when I was about 15. 30 now, and the only thing I've had since then has been Centrum chewable multi vitamins.

At a diner with a friend now. The waitress came with my milkshake, set it down and said "Ta da! Dericious."

+5% tip.

Ummm... By medication, I was kind of saying contraceptive pills. I don't take anything else except the occasional panadol/antihistamine. I'm allergic to codiene and I have intolerances to a lot of other analgesics so I'm pretty free of ever using pain killers. I'll take a nurofen for migraines about once a year at most.

Group work for Uni = Worst thing ever. AT least in th workplace people in groups are held accountable for their actions. Fucking plagiarising bastards, too lazy for their own good.

I've been awake for a long time and I've had four of those huge cans of energy drink. I really don't feel well. I'd like to go to bed but I feel all jittery. I think I'll stay up an hour or so longer to work this shit out of my system and then I'll try for sleep.

The website "steepandcheap.com" gives me so much pleasure and ohh so much pain.

Edit: it's like a woot-off featuring outdoor gear... and it lasts forever....

Last edited:
I've been awake for a long time and I've had four of those huge cans of energy drink. I really don't feel well. I'd like to go to bed but I feel all jittery. I think I'll stay up an hour or so longer to work this shit out of my system and then I'll try for sleep.

I avoid all energy drinks like the plague now. Last time I drank one, I ended up with a killer headache, shakes and nausea.

Last time I had one of those energy drinks I got extremely paranoid and thought someone was breaking into the house, I was walking around with one of those poking things you use in fireplaces.