Random Thoughts....

Carlton are the best!!! Up the Blues!

And fun to watch. Large lanky men in small shorts running around a field. What's not to like?

Grr. My friends sent a message to say they were going to go see a movie today and asked if I wanted to go.
I didn't get the message until 30 mins after I was meant to have been there, and by then they already had tickets (allocated seating), so then I organised to meet them for coffee afterwards, and now something has come up and they can't do coffee.
They're off to Europe on Tuesday, so I won't get to see them for about 8 weeks, then we are all planning for a trip to Hawaii/LA/NY next year.

I should stop lending money that really can't afford to lend to my brother and expect him to pay me back. He'll know he'll pay me back eventually (this has happened before) - but never before I actually need that money.

Holy fuck I'm broke, unemployed student FTL. I still haven't saved enough to get my car serviced, either. This is what happens when you still live at home, but absolutely insist that you fully contribute to all expenses despite people encouraging you to mooch off the parents because you don't have a job anymore etc. I don't want to do that, and I'm just frustrating myself! :wall:

Grrr, this is all because I'm bored today (all my friends are out of town, boo-urns!), I'm thinking too much about stuff. :-(

Last edited:
I didn't end up getting a new phone on the weekend, my old one seems to have come back from the dead! :blink: I still really really want a new one, though. Might get one as a birthday present to myself in August, or something like that....yeah.

Large lanky men in small shorts running around a field. What's not to like?

Racing overalls do more for me, maybe because it leaves more up to the imagination...and it involves awesome cars. :drool:
No no no...I watch motorsports for the excitement of racing and the awesome machinery...no really! :whistle:

Last edited:
ESPN2 is showing a live AFL game between teams called Hawthorn & Carlton. I have no idea what the fuck is going on, but it looks like a fun game to play.

Australian Football :p

There are about 10 teams from Victoria, the rest are from other states...

Big games draw in anywhere up to 100k people (even if it's two state teams)

The document should avoid using Helvetica. Helvetica was popular way back in the '60s and '70s. It is a hippie font. But is it not groovy (baby) now. What other fonts are useful and why would you choose them for a formal business document?

One question I have to answer for my communications unit. Should a business report use a serif typeface?

Wow, way to overthink things. Good thing I didn't want to go to uni. I'd argue with the lecturers.

I know I don't actually give a thought to what font a business document is in when I read it. If it's clear, legible and they've used spellcheck, how does it matter?

Though I did argue when my English teachers tried to get us to go into deeper meanings of what authors meant by things in their books. What if they didn't? What if they only added that sub-plot or twist because it seemed like a good idea at the time? All this picking the story and characters apart ruined many books for me.

Last edited:
Dear lord, don't work for government. Our Department worked (until very recently) to four Ministers. Each Minister had a different preference for font, size, colour, layout, headings and clearance procedures. And the CEOs have different ones again. Yes, I used to write the same briefing for seven people seven different ways. What a way to spend taxpayer money!

Wow, way to overthink things. Good thing I didn't want to go to uni. I'd argue with the lecturers.

I know I don't actually give a thought to what font a business document is in when I read it. If it's clear, legible and they've used spellcheck, how does it matter?.

Well it sort of is regarding legibility. Guess it is the reason why books use a serif typeface.

Dear lord, don't work for government. Our Department worked (until very recently) to four Ministers. Each Minister had a different preference for font, size, colour, layout, headings and clearance procedures. And the CEOs have different ones again. Yes, I used to write the same briefing for seven people seven different ways. What a way to spend taxpayer money!

Well, they do need someway to compensate for the size of their dicks.

ESPN2 is showing a live AFL game between teams called Hawthorn & Carlton. I have no idea what the fuck is going on, but it looks like a fun game to play.

Brilliant! Great sport to watch, super quick, hard hits and no padding for the men.

A minute ago it was Friday night, now it's suddenly Sunday night. Why does the weekend disappear so fast?

Because you bought one of these:

delorean.jpg

If I had one of them, it would be Friday night all over again!

A minute ago it was Friday night, now it's suddenly Sunday night. Why does the weekend disappear so fast?

I hate it when that happens. :-(

Gotta get to bed to be up early for class tomorrow. :grumble mumble rggh: Night all! :yawn: :wave: