Random Thoughts....

We just had a minor earthquake... my whole building shook. Quite interesting... nothing damaged, it wasn't severe at all.

So that's why my table was randomly shaking for a minute or so.

Yep, felt it in Montreal.

Was actually a 5.5 on the Richter scale.

Really? It sure didn't feel like a 5.5.

Edit: Just read that the scale was officially rated at 3.0 by the Geological Survey of Canada Nevermind, wrong scale. Still, 5.5 sounds a bit extreme to me.

Quite an awful lot of panic forming around this considering what it is. I've already heard some people say "I nearly died".

Last edited:
Now that I've read up on the Richter scale a bit more, 5.5/5.0 makes a bit more sense. The scale is quite a mess though, the difference between 5.5 and 7.0 is enormous, despite being just 1.5 points away.

Last edited:
Was fun to monitor google "latest" search of Earthquake. You could judge the approximate location just by the various tweets...

Now that I've read up on the Richter scale a bit more, 5.5/5.0 makes a bit more sense. The scale is quite a mess though, the difference between 5.5 and 7.0 is enormous, despite being just 1.5 points away.

If I remember correctly, every point gained on the scale is 10X the energy.

So a 6.0 would be 10 times more severe than a 5.0.

Too lazy to google, but they also make a noise-making hello kitty condom.
{ hump }

"Meow!"

{ hump }

"Meow!"

{ hump }

"Meow!"

?

- incredibly disturbing thought of the day

P.S.: Someone post awesomeness to get that out of my head, please?

Apparently the building next door to mine felt it on the 4th floor, but I work on the 3rd floor of mine and felt nothing.

Well, no carbs today, so it seems that USPS priority mail is 2 days to anywhere, 3 days to North Dakota. <_<

Well, no carbs today, so it seems that USPS priority mail is 2 days to anywhere, 3 days to North Dakota. <_<

I've never had luck with them as far as being speedy. Although, to be fair, "priority" is 2-3 days. In the "There are three ways this can be done: right, fast and cheap. You get to pick two" matter, the USPS is usually cheap, and right...but it may not be as fast as UPS or FedEX. FedEX is fast and right, but not cheap, and UPS is cheap and fast, but...not necessarily right. :p

Dear dipshits at the park,

When I shout "right" while speeding down the path on my bike, do me a favor and fucking move or at least humor me and acknowledge my approach. I swear next time I'm going to crash into the stroller to make a point.

I've never had luck with them as far as being speedy. Although, to be fair, "priority" is 2-3 days. In the "There are three ways this can be done: right, fast and cheap. You get to pick two" matter, the USPS is usually cheap, and right...but it may not be as fast as UPS or FedEX. FedEX is fast and right, but not cheap, and UPS is cheap and fast, but...not necessarily right. :p

Yeah, I usually go with FedEx, since I'd rather not have my stuff damaged or take a long time, but it wasn't an option in this case. Though it is probably for the better that I didn't get them, because its raining, and the streets around here are rough and slick asphalt.

Dear dipshits at the park,

When I shout "right" while speeding down the path on my bike, do me a favor and fucking move or at least humor me and acknowledge my approach. I swear next time I'm going to crash into the stroller to make a point.

There are too many people who don't no what it means when you're on your bike and shout out "right" or "left." Then there are the cyclist who don't make themselves aware to you and act like assholes when you don't give them room, probably the same people who don't bother using hand signals when on the road.

Last edited: