Random Thoughts....

My Iron Maiden story. In 1985, my older brother took me to see them in Madison Wisconsin on the Somewhere on Tour tour, and since then I was hooked. Did you know they opened the set with the main theme from Bladerunner, with neon lights from the album cover flashing behind a curtain? It was truly awesome. The concert I saw, they opened with "The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner."

Fast forward a few years later, and my mother, who listened to my music before I was able to, was unsure if I should own the album "Number Of The Beast" because of the rumored satanic theme. So my 13 year old self had to explain the song, and after that it was cool. She is very religious (though, like me, not scary evangelical) and cautious, but open minded when convinced. She also only listen to Baroque classical music, with one exception. Iron Maiden. Whenever she visits, or is in the car with me, she asked to listen them. How many 74 year old church ladies do you hear of being into Iron Maiden? UP THE IRONS!!

Correct me if I am wrong but you were...nine? That's awesome! Somehow, I doubt they would let you in if you were nine and you tried that today.

Speaking of Black Sabbath...you all got it wrong. The real Black Sabbath is with Ronnie James Dio :p

... Yeah. Went well in two exams (micro-economics and accounting- got HDs in both of those), but I have been lazy and procrastinating all this semester and it has kicked me in the but for my exams. My 82 average in IRHR (intro to organisational behaviour) went down to 65, which means I actually failed the exam, and my 79 average in intro to business law went down to 70. Both C's, but I know I can do much better. At least I passed, but it's a really big kick in the pants for me to smarten up and stop being lazy, because sure as hell I won't have the luxury next year :(

Like I said, at least I passed, but I do feel like I could have done a lot better in those two (and to an extent the others). Feeling pretty annoyed and upset with myself, and not exactly looking forward to telling my parents (although they won't be angry and disappointed or anything).

(In a minor concession for myself, knew the exam I failed wouldn't go well, 5 essays in 2.5 hours on 5 different topics with no guidance as to what to study in each topic. Know I got 0 out of 10 on at least one question because I did the wrong type of theory :()

Least you didn't have hurdles, at Monash Faculty of IT you fail the exam you fail the unit

Lots of my courses were like that. Final exams were 70% or more with the stipulation that you had to achieve at least 50% of the exam score.

I think one of my stats courses was 10% for showing up to every lecture and tutorial and had to get at least 50% on every week's quiz which was half the tutorial time, the other half spent going through the quiz. 90% of the grade was on the exam. (highest overall marks I ever scored - 98%)

I have just this weekend to go before my final work placement of my course: the most important one on which all our final units are assessed. I have to go into uni from 10:00am - 2:00pm Satuday and Sunday to do all this really important practice stuff we have to do. Because we're supposed to be in charge of a whole childcare centre room and plan for the group of children by ourselves for this one there's a lot of preparation involved. I's gonna feel really weird being there on a weekend, we'll be the only students on campus (classes officially recommence Monday). I'm so nervous about this whole thing I feel sick. It's so important for passing this course! Four weeks of essentially being in charge of paid staff members. Me, in charge of something. Blimey, that's a scary thought ARGH!

Now, because I've probably completely bored everyone who's bothered to read this post with all that, I 'd just like to say that the Tetris theme is still stuck in my head and refuses to go away. I need to find something to push it out, stat!

This evening I spent about 20 minutes watering all my plants. It is therefor thundering. Sigh.

It's been like that with me too. I've been trying to wash my car for the last three days. Wake up to lovely lovely sunshine. By the time I've had breakfast, got dressed, and got my cleaning tools ready - sky's gone overcast and down comes the rain. :lol:

It's really nice today too, cold, but sunny, but I'm running around too much to get the damn thing washed. It can stay filthy until we get a decent dry spell I think.

I could have gone swimming in nice, cool water, but instead I decided to stay home and bead a skirt. Which was very difficult to do considering my face was so sweaty my glasses kept falling off. Ugh.

... Yeah. Went well in two exams (micro-economics and accounting- got HDs in both of those), but I have been lazy and procrastinating all this semester and it has kicked me in the but for my exams. My 82 average in IRHR (intro to organisational behaviour) went down to 65, which means I actually failed the exam, and my 79 average in intro to business law went down to 70. Both C's, but I know I can do much better. At least I passed, but it's a really big kick in the pants for me to smarten up and stop being lazy, because sure as hell I won't have the luxury next year :(

Like I said, at least I passed, but I do feel like I could have done a lot better in those two (and to an extent the others). Feeling pretty annoyed and upset with myself, and not exactly looking forward to telling my parents (although they won't be angry and disappointed or anything).

(In a minor concession for myself, knew the exam I failed wouldn't go well, 5 essays in 2.5 hours on 5 different topics with no guidance as to what to study in each topic. Know I got 0 out of 10 on at least one question because I did the wrong type of theory :()

Hey, you did absolutely brilliantly. You managed to pass everything (the important bit) and even scored some HD's along the way. I know you're dissapointed because you let your grades slip a bit, but in the end it doesn't matter and what you achieved is something to be proud of. Just remember that not everyone passes their units, and a lit of them are smart people, so passing isn't a certainty and an achievement in its self. :)

Last edited:
Doves and ducks, whether tame or wild, will not struggle when held. Being that it is white, and the only doves to be found in your area are either Mourning Doves or Pigeons (yes, Pigeons are doves, aka the Rock Dove) it would have been released. It can fend for itself in "the wild".

I like Ornithology. Can you tell?

So why did you drop the hawk Hawkless Jay?

BTW, I can tell you that ducks will strugle and bite when held. They just stop after they realize that you aren't going to hurt them. And geese are just douchebags.

EDIT: Funniest headline evah!

Tired Gay succumbs to Dix in 200 meters

Last edited:
Greetings from Houston. If you ever have cause to come here, I strongly recommend against the Crowne Plaza near Reliant Stadium. It's the worst Crowne Plaza I've ever seen - certainly not worth the premium. Mom bought a special travel package off Priceline and so far we've been underwhelmed by this go-round.

On the other hand, I strongly recommend the Holiday Inn Express near the Galleria area. To give you an idea of how bad the Crowne Plaza is, this is a nice older HIE, and despite the fact that the CP is slightly newer and been refurbished plus is two rungs higher on the corporate ladder than an HIE (same company owns both), the HIE is much nicer and has larger base rooms than the CP. Go figure.

I even got a room with a nice field of fire and a direct line of sight to where my truck is parked... not that I expect to 'need' either.

Pictures of my mom wearing the jacket coming soon. :D

I have a massive headache and it's making wanna puke as well.

Note to self: DON'T EVER OVERSLEEP AGAIN!

Heh, whenever my mom hears me listening to power metal she goes, "hmm, I like that." She's a big Bon Jovi fan so I guess it's not so different... except for power metal utilizing testicle crushingly tight leather pants to let the singers achieve those super high notes and whatnot. She kind of goes "wtf is this i don't even... *walks away*" to most of the garbage* I listen to though :lol:

*and you listen to garbage too. lolsubjectiveness

Haha, I'd listen to metal and quite often my mum would go 'what's that, I like that, play it again' (she's a big opera/classical music fan) thus rendering that particular song uncool :p

Mainly for bands such as Therion, or Nightwish, Ayreon, the occasional Pain of Salvation song, etc.

Now, because I've probably completely bored everyone who's bothered to read this post with all that, I 'd just like to say that the Tetris theme is still stuck in my head and refuses to go away. I need to find something to push it out, stat!

Be careful what you wish for...

You won't know what's stuck in your head after listening to that!

does youtube really need a vuvuzela function? it seems kinda stupid/annoying. i just accidentially clicked it and thought the video was broken.