Random Thoughts....

mclarensmps

Car(s)
'11 KIA Forte Coupe
I've been trying to decide if I should apply for a junior designer position or go for a job as a complaint's clerk for an automotive council for the past hour :(
Go for the junior designer position! It may pay less, but if it's in the direction you're aiming for, it will do wonders for future job prospects!

Know that feeling. Got my quarterly tax bill, car rego and insurance all in one day. No money for me for a bit. :sad:
Oh I know that feeling... I haven't gotten anything from taxes for the past 5 years because my student loan eats it all up, my insurance used to be sky high so I stopped driving, and I got pulled over for driving without registration a few years ago...

It's all coming back now, because I have to unsuspend my license, redo two license tests, pay off my fine, pay off my cousin's car's repairs, pay off the remainder of my student loan, re-register my car (or hopefully the other car that I'm looking at), and then pay off insurance.

Money pls? Why do you think I got another job :p

Zesty

Not A Dude
Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz VTi-S
I can't complain too much, I mean this is part of car ownership, and having my first means all the bits and pieces come at once. It's all around my birthday, because I essentially bought my car as a birthday present for myself and it had just been re-registered when I got it. My father also paid for my RACV membership the first time round as a present, so that's also due beginning of August. :lol:

@ HH you're further along with being able to afford your own house than I am. I couldn't even afford to rent anywhere decent atm without rent assistance (which I don't want, I'd much rather be financially independent). I'm resigned to the fact I've got to put up with living at home for a while yet. :sigh:

Last edited:

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
horah over $30k saved for my house D:

Not even half way for a deposit...
Nice effort, pity about that first home owners grant being axed. I think a lot of people are over extending themselves on their mortgages and living outside their means (idiots thinking that no matter their income they're entitled to four bedroom villas, the latest cars and plasma screens, etc), so it's good to see that you're setting yourself up nicely.

Pity about the first home owners grant being slashed.

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Nice effort, pity about that first home owners grant being axed. I think a lot of people are over extending themselves on their mortgages and living outside their means (idiots thinking that no matter their income they're entitled to four bedroom villas, the latest cars and plasma screens, etc), so it's good to see that you're setting yourself up nicely.

Pity about the first home owners grant being slashed.

first home owners grant sucks if you're buying an existing house anyway, not really worth it.

I'm toying with the idea of buying an investment property which doesn't require as much capital, something that would need new kitchen/bathroom in 2-3 years and rent it out until I can afford to live in it

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
No sleep 'til

{ duhduh, duh duhhh }

No sleep 'til...

{ duhduh, duh duhhhhh }

No!

Sleep!

'Til...not Brooklyn, but at least 'til December or so.

I'm so dang tired.

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
Just thought of another terrible action movie involving cars:
A Dark Night With a Broken Headlight

Dr. Woo

Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
I was once told I have a voice for radio.

I'm just glad they didn't tell me I have a face for radio.

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Got to work this morning and somebody had dropped TopGear Mag issue 205 with the "The Best Of The Columns" booklet on my desk :D

Now I don't know if it's a gift or a loan :unsure:

Dr. Woo

Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
If I had something higher-quality than a cheap little mic I might be tempted to contribute.

maxtortheone

Chicken Fiddler
Car(s)
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 16V
I can't remember but can I send an item I buy on eBay to a different person? I'm not in town when the item arrives and the seller didn't answer my question by now.

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
Never mind about the bird, taken care of. Just opened the fireplace doors and the slider and the bird flew out towards the woods.

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS
I've been trying to decide if I should apply for a junior designer position or go for a job as a complaint's clerk for an automotive council for the past hour :(
You're just applying to the jobs, not accepting them. Go for both and take whatever you can get in this economy!

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Pity about the economy and people having such trouble. In other economic news, my father has pulled some of the money he had in oil and bought a bunch of gold. We're expecting a package of bullion to arrive any day :lol:

Jay

the fool on the hill

I misspelled motherfucker.:(
the misspelling and the admittance made it much more funnier. :lol:

horah over $30k saved for my house D:

Not even half way for a deposit...
Traditionally here you put down 5% to 10% to buy a house; the hell does a single male need a $300-600,000 house for? Here that would buy you nearly 3000 square feet; or are you planning to live in downtown (insert big city here)?