Random Thoughts....

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Preparing for a cross country move is a bit ridiculous. I realize I'm only going off to school, but since I'll be staying in an apartment I need all sorts of piddly little things you never think about until you start thinking about what you live with every day.

Basic set of dishes to eat on? Got those, but I also need implements to clean them afterwards: soap, scrubbing dodads, drying rack, dish towels. Still need most of that. Being able to prepare food is also a good idea. Knives? Can opener? Cookware? Random gadgetry? Sheets for the bed: well two sets of sheets makes the most sense, since I'll want one to put on when the previous one goes to wash (which means I need laundry detergent, and perhaps dryer sheets, and a hamper of some sort). Lamps? Seating? Toilet plunger? Shower curtain? Medicine cabinet?

My room right now is in complete disarray with freshly bought stuff everywhere waiting to be packed down to Texas. I've got a path from the door to the desk to the bed that isn't covered in boxes and bags.

What should be a simple process quickly turns ridiculous (and it doesn't help my mother isn't discouraging me from preparing fully, she's right there suggesting things I need) when we basically attempt to supply me with a complete set houseware.

Yeeeeeeesh, this is going to be a headache, especially once I'm in Texas and start remembering things I've forgotten.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Yes, but Texas has higher sales tax and stores we aren't familiar with. Here we know where to get everything.

ashspet

Nothing to see here, move along people!
DONOR
That's part of the adventure. Learn Texas buy living in it rather than just being there. And for the big ticket expensive items, a meetup with parents to drop off at a midway point might be a possibility. Also prove to your mother that you are alive and still eating.

Ellie

Making my first appearance outside the TG threads - as MWF urged me to...what, over a month ago now? Heh! - and I have two random thoughts.

Benedict Cumberbatch is YUMMY. Like, wow. Sherlock is a great programme.

AND...

I had the world's best smoothie today. I can actually FEEL the health coursing through my veins.

Last edited:

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
Back from a week in Santorini, Greece, what did I miss?

xicedlovexoxo

Car(s)
2008 Subaru Impreza
Sore throat is so bad I can't sleep because laying down makes it hard to breathe. Ugh. Its so weird because I feel completely fine otherwise. :cry:

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
Sore throat is so bad I can't sleep because laying down makes it hard to breathe. Ugh. Its so weird because I feel completely fine otherwise. :cry:
I wish I could help, but all I can is try lozenges. :hug:

In other news, my right index finger kept uncontrollably twitch like spastically. Fortunately, it's stopped now.

Ellie

It's 8:34am. and I'm still awake. Darn that energy-filled smoothie! Darn it all to heck, an' back.

xicedlovexoxo

Car(s)
2008 Subaru Impreza
I wish I could help, but all I can is try lozenges. :hug:

In other news, my right index finger kept uncontrollably twitch like spastically. Fortunately, it's stopped now.
Has no lozenges :( and I know how the twitching thing is. Sometimes my fingers twitch, sometimes toes, sometimes my legs. Sometimes my hands will shake like crazy but only when I move them to a certain position...my body is fucking nuts.

Asad

Anyone with an iPhone/iPod Touch get a game called Depict now. It is awesome.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
Watching a documentary about embezzlement and fraud at the 2009 N?rburgring expansion and all i have to say is that Uschi Schmitz (Sabine's mom) is a wonderful woman, the german equivalent to a wild west woman scaring away intruders with her shotgun. She does not know the correct use of "dilemma" but she's helluva tough.

"That's not our future - it's our doom"

Last edited: