Random Thoughts....

Some of the more expensive, upmarket stores.

Brown Thomas, River Island, Laura Ashley, etc.

I though I might spend the day depressing myself :p

It's also famous for having good buskers; Damien Rice, Glen whatshisface from Once, etc.

Right, so I'm heading up to Dublin next week for a internship interview in Clontarf.

Afterwards I will probably mooch around town, Grafton Street in particular.

One problem with this....Chuggers (charity muggers). Not so much of a problem in Limerick, but I have heard a lot of horror stories about them following you, hassling you, and, in some cases, verbally abusing you when you don't donate.

From my experience of them here, they are immune to headphones. I think I will be having a lot of imaginary phone conversations that day.

Meh, never realy noticed that, In my experience, a simple 'no thanks' gets em of you just fine........then again I am obviously foreighn.
You sure that's not just another 'Dublin horror' story 'non Dubliners' like to tell ? :p

Meh, never realy noticed that, In my experience, a simple 'no thanks' gets em of you just fine........then again I am obviously foreighn.
You sure that's not just another 'Dublin horror' story 'non Dubliners' like to tell ? :p

Oh no, Dublin chuggers are well known. I might not come across to many of them since I'll be there in the middle of the week, but you never know.

Thai iced coffee is for the win.

It's so win that I ordered 2 coffees and only finished about a 1/3 of my pad thai before chucking it in the bin.

Where are you looking to work perchance?

I'm looking to take some time off but when it comes time it doesn't really matter I guess, I haven't got a profession or line of work...

I've been looking at rentals for a few hours now and it's not gone terribly well so far. Prices are even more astronomical there than here, most of the places under two grand look like dumps to me. I mean I'm not looking for much but I'm reading horror stories about mold and termites about most of them.

Edit: What does Thai iced coffee taste like yo?

Last edited:
Part 2 of a 4 part archaeology documentary was on tonight, BBC TV Program ? Digging for Britain, presented by Dr. Alice Roberts whose is an osteo-archaeologist, MD, medical school lecturer and anthropologist, plus generally full of win.

This week?s program was on pre-history, which covered a dig in Happisburgh, where an early human site from 800,000 to 1,000,000 years BP was shown; cave art from post Ice age (c. 13,000 BC); a Scottish Bronze Age chieftain?s grave goods and a trading shipwreck on the English south coast were shown. A very interesting program, which you may find somewhere on the interwebs. :whistle:

Please let that be a Mitsuoka rather than the real thing.

So apparently a new Thai place opened up in my neck of the woods. Mmmm, Thai.

Last edited:
Please let that be a Mitsuoka rather than the real thing.

Call me crazy, but there's no damage to the front end that I can see. It's a real one :lol:

What the hell... is it just part of being a tenant that when you move out you have nothing but complaints?

I cannot find one single building anywhere in LA that doesn't have endless negative reviews. Every single review is negative, and the one positive you find everyone suspects is being posted by the owners/management.

So I spent the effort to wash and wax my car today, and now it fucken starts pissing down outside.

Fail.

What the hell... is it just part of being a tenant that when you move out you have nothing but complaints?

I cannot find one single building anywhere in LA that doesn't have endless negative reviews. Every single review is negative, and the one positive you find everyone suspects is being posted by the owners/management.

My best friend is out there now and in the same situation. Everywhere he can afford without living with 2 ppl per bedroom is a fucking ghetto. From what he tells me avoid Koreatown, Long Beach, Hawaiian Gardens and some others I can't remember.

Let's step back for a second here. "The little old Lady (from Pasadena)" was a dreadful song by the even more dreadful plastic-pop surf group Jan & Dean (dreadful eventhough "Dead Man's Curve" is by them). While Brian Wilson, genius behind the Beach Boys, was co-writer and producer of many of their songs and a Beach Boys cover of "The little old Lady" is included on a live record, we should not confuse it with the milestones of pop the Beach Boys created.
"Pet Sounds" still stands as one of the best pop albums in history, let alone Wilson's "Smile" record.

There's only one use for that pasadena song

Call me crazy, but there's no damage to the front end that I can see. It's a real one :lol:

Indeed, if it was a mitsuoka it would be blatantly obvious.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh! I found a person to take over my lease in January, and he seems pretty cool.

Now I have to graduate or he'll boot me out!

No, its just California :p Avoid Northern California at all costs, I've actually been there and the house I stayed at had ants crawling along the walls throughout the entire house, and crickets under the dresser.

As for Southern California, all I know is that my aunt had her car broken into when they went to Disneyland.

From my experiences, California in general just sucks. Come to Washington, because I'm here and I'm awesome. :mrgreen: