Random Thoughts....

It's a shame that style isn't being used anymore, it's way better, and I would be able to get new molding instead of stripping all the stuff upstairs, which the previous owners painted a variety of terrible colors, including the exact color of poo (in the bathroom, of course. Where else would I see poo and my walls and say "something's too similar here"?).

So I've got 6 rooms to repaint at a minimum. Hooray! Not this year though.

Luckily no one has ever painted the trim in this house, but they did pull up all the 1/4 round at the baseboard when they carpeted the house. Do you have plaster walls? I do and some are better than others. I need to patch some, others it might be better to start over with drywall.

AT LAST! I have the interwebz back.

Luckily no one has ever painted the trim in this house, but they did pull up all the 1/4 round at the baseboard when they carpeted the house. Do you have plaster walls? I do and some are better than others. I need to patch some, others it might be better to start over with drywall.

It's plaster upstairs, and the downstairs is mostly drywall. I think the downstairs had the walls redone when the kitchen was added much later. The walls are in pretty good shape overall though, even if a couple have a bit of extra texture. Still, for an old house (1911!) I'm pretty impressed by the quality of the fittings, apart from the stupid people with their stupid paint upstairs.

http://img80.imageshack.**/img80/6821/imagen0137d.jpg

and so it begins

They don't build them like they used to. A few of the houses that I've been that are "new" all seem to be built to a lesser standard than some older homes.

This is very much true when it comes to houses. In my house (circa 1940's), it's all solid double brick, which means I can play loud music in one room and barely hear it in the next room. You can't do that with most modern houses, with their paper thin walls.

Go away sucky cycling, I want my MotoGP already!!! :mad:

EDIT- FINALLY!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Last edited:
I've finally sold my car! :dance: That was one of the most unpleasant and drawn out things I've ever done, a month of my life spent waiting around for people never to show up. This combined with St George playing in the grand final tonight, I'm quite happy at the moment :D

i may have just sealed a deal to get an early christmas present. I hope it doesn't backfire spectacularly like some stuff.

I'm going into hiding now. This is my drug and now I need to come clean for exams. See you in two months (hopefully)

They don't build them like they used to. A few of the houses that I've been that are "new" all seem to be built to a lesser standard than some older homes.

I think it's mostly because new houses are designed for a first impression, rather than long-term livability, while the houses of old were designed with the family determining most of it. My own house has some bizarre choices - two living rooms, a pointless narrow hallway, a bedroom that can only be accessed through a different bedroom - but it probably made sense to the people who built it.

@Richmondgal: Good luck! :thumbup:

Just got back from helping my friend go through and throw out some of the junk at her place (a lot of it was left behind by the other girl she was sharing the place with - who moved out a few months ago). The old aircon unit was left by the people her landlord sent around to replace it when it completely broke down last summer and were sure it couldn't be fixed, not sure why they didn't take it away but it, as well as some other large items she didn't want/need, are now at the dump.

My friend's moving because she doesn't want to rent there anymore and the landlord is selling the property anyway. As mentioned above she was sharing with this other person, who seems to have been a bit a hoarder type and so the place needed to be left junk-free by the time Kellie has moved out. She hopes to moved in with her boyfriend in a couple of weeks time, and the best thing is she'll be closer to me now! :lol: I won't have to go out of my way a bit between class and home to visit her, although her new place is in a part of town I find hard to navigate in: lots of weird twisty streets that were originally trails laid town back in the gold rush days.

I'm a bit tired from lugging stuff around, but she really appreciated the help. Her BF is away visiting relatives this weekend - otherwise we would have had a three person clean-up team. I'm also missing that hour we've lost to going on DST down here! :yawn:

Last edited:
Wednesday I'll have my friggen internet back....

Three can go bite on a fat one

Snoring. Endless snoring. Is driving me nuts ohmygod.