Random Thoughts....

Has anyone ever heard of the Monopoly rule where after you land on Free Parking, you don't have to pay rent on landing on other people's property until you reach Go? Because I'm pretty sure that my friend completely BSed that. And then he managed to land on Free Parking about 6 times, collect all the income and luxury tax, then ended up winning the game. <_<

Also, we played the British version, which replaces Park Place and Boardwalk with Park Lane and Mayfair. It's pretty cool and serves as a checklist for places I've already been to around here, esp. seeing as I've never bothered going to Atlantic City before.

Has anyone ever heard of the Monopoly rule where after you land on Free Parking, you don't have to pay rent on landing on other people's property until you reach Go? Because I'm pretty sure that my friend completely BSed that. And then he managed to land on Free Parking about 6 times, collect all the income and luxury tax, then ended up winning the game. <_<

Also, we played the British version, which replaces Park Place and Boardwalk with Park Lane and Mayfair. It's pretty cool and serves as a checklist for places I've already been to around here, esp. seeing as I've never bothered going to Atlantic City before.

Never heard of that rule. And my strategy to win Monopoly always works, and that is to buy one of as many sets as you can, and work to buy a whole set without giving one to another player. I won a game once that was down to my outright refusal to sell Regent St. Begin with houses on one set, keep building with rent money, then when another player lands on your hotel and can't pay, offer to take some property in lieu of rent. Works every time. :D

From my experiences too, that also seems like a load of nonsense about the Free Parking spot.
The way I see Free Parking is it just means you can't get raped being on that square i.e. no rent, no hotels, not 'Go To Jail'.
Like a neutral zone.

That rent stuff though, no.
Just no.

{ grumbles something about officially foul handegg officiating like the rest of BU }

there is OBVIOUSLY something wrong with me because I cannot stop laughing at this:

For fuck's sake, I picked Marketing so I wouldn't have to do any of this Accounting/Finance shite, so why they hell do I have to do all this Accounting/Finance shite?!

God I hate ratios :(

Funny that, I took accounting to not have to do business crap, what are half of my courses??? :lol:

(Studying for an IT in business course at the moment- dear god, it is so BORING!!!!!!!)

For fuck's sake, I picked Finance and Accounting so I wouldn't have to do any of this Marketing shite, so why the hell do I have to do all this Marketing shite?!

God I hate the four P's. :p

Yup, have to do marketing next year too. Really not looknig forward to it. :(

Last edited:
To see the position of the engineering within the business processes of the company. All organisations have an element of business, they only function so long as their is an input stream of cash (or you can borrow it) to facilitate your project. It is probable that the Project you work on is only viable if it can save expense or is a saleable product - see Wheeler Dealers (Mike does the business and Ed the engineering, but if Mike says he can not make money then it does not get done - or a cheaper option is selected)?

Oh and record decks - Linn Sondeck - LP12 with a decent cartridge if you can afford one. The other famous deck is the Technics LP12 and later LP1210

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54959

or the other fun element of compliance...

Never heard of that rule. And my strategy to win Monopoly always works, and that is to buy one of as many sets as you can, and work to buy a whole set without giving one to another player. I won a game once that was down to my outright refusal to sell Regent St. Begin with houses on one set, keep building with rent money, then when another player lands on your hotel and can't pay, offer to take some property in lieu of rent. Works every time. :D

I think there's a certain point in a Monopoly game where after all the properties have been sold, the players are in a stalemate (because it's rare for a player to actually land on unsold property in a set, at least in my experiences) and from that point on, there has to be trades in order to be able to build houses and start whittling away at each other's money. That's just how you can keep going.

I was looking through a drawer for some speaker wire and I found a new in package phillips halogena light bulb. I HATE the CFL bulbs that came with my apartment, and now I have just replaced it with the halogen.

:mouse:

To be fair, I don't have marketing untill next semester. I should get SOME creadit for knowing the letter "p" matters at all.

True *claps*

Actually I think there are about 35 elements of the Marketing Mix. Eh...good luck. :p

someone remind me to call the feed store in the morning please. I keep forgetting.