Random Thoughts....

I have an interview tomorrow yeah! Only problem is I don't know what to wear.

From the million and one interviews I've been to, I will say that you can NEVER overdress. Doesn't matter what the job is.

Looking sharp will always impress and gives the interviewer a good first impression that this is someone who is disciplined and smart. If others around you haven't dressed nicely it makes you stand out even more.

From the million and one interviews I've been to, I will say that you can NEVER overdress. Doesn't matter what the job is.

Looking sharp will always impress and gives the interviewer a good first impression that this is someone who is disciplined and smart. If others around you haven't dressed nicely it makes you stand out even more.

Maybe if you wore a zoot suit.

*looks for stock photo on Google*

SAM-13-lg.jpg

Running out of variable names in my code since it's getting a bit dense.

I badly needed to get this one command to store its information into a temporary array.

But temp, temp1 upto temp4 were all used.

So, and I'm not joking here, the variable that determines where the next instance of 0 occurs in the array containing values of eta from the robust median statistic is called "lolwut"

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2010/11/17/Screen_shot_2010-11-17_at_12.56.06_PM.png

The_Biting_Pear_of_Salamanca_by_ursulav.jpg

My variable names in my code classes were always biblical/historical figures.

Don't ring their fax number.

Funny you should say that, as I just realised that is what has happened. It's not my problem they list their fax number as their phone number. And using a combination of google and the white pages, I have found the proper phone number.

It's nice how Today Tonight clarifies how a man known as Johnny Fat got that nickname. "My name is John, and I'm obviously not skinny".

It's the most cutting edge, hard-hitting journalism.

Ahem...

It's almost as hard-hitting as our local newspaper, which thought that a suggestion that Prince William and Kate Middleton should spend their honeymoon in a nearby campsite with no toilet facilities was front page news.

They believe that Wollongong is actually an important place. The 300,000 people that live here haven't even heard of it. I doubt it's high up on royalties lists.

It was also a suggestion of theirs that Barack Obama should spend a trip to Australia eating Mr Whippy icecream on a beach in Wollongong. Forget important diplomatic meetings, eat white sludge from a rusty pink Transit on a rotting bench covered in bird shit.

I just had an amusing encounter with a guy who claimed Adolf Hitler died in California in 1996. Also, he and Josef Mengele, who is apparently going by an alias, are responsible for creating AIDS, and that vaccines cause cancer and were also created by Hitler and Mengele.

And by amusing, I really mean frighteningly weird.

Oh, and that George Bush Sr. kidnapped and killed a child in a Satanic ritual in the Presidio.

Was he wearing a tin foil hat? BTW, it is not against the law to be crazy. If it were, we wouldn't have the ammusing cast of characters that ran for the Tea Party to laugh at.

I just had an amusing encounter with a guy who claimed Adolf Hitler died in California in 1996. Also, he and Josef Mengele, who is apparently going by an alias, are responsible for creating AIDS, and that vaccines cause cancer and were also created by Hitler and Mengele.

And by amusing, I really mean frighteningly weird.

Oh, and that George Bush Sr. kidnapped and killed a child in a Satanic ritual in the Presidio.

Never forget the Reichsflugscheibenmacht.

aykd2fn1d25jvccnk.jpg

It's almost as hard-hitting as our local newspaper, which thought that a suggestion that Prince William and Kate Middleton should spend their honeymoon in a nearby campsite with no toilet facilities was front page news.

They believe that Wollongong is actually an important place. The 300,000 people that live here haven't even heard of it. I doubt it's high up on royalties lists.

It was also a suggestion of theirs that Barack Obama should spend a trip to Australia eating Mr Whippy icecream on a beach in Wollongong. Forget important diplomatic meetings, eat white sludge from a rusty pink Transit on a rotting bench covered in bird shit.

I can't believe the information I'm missing out on.
My local paper doesn't really say much.
Except for some poonces from a highschool who've either done some arty crap or sports crap.

Jolly what.

What universe do you live in that you couldn't put together a dress shirt and black slacks? You've never had an interview, recital, or event that ever required dress clothes, in your whole life?
I don't know what kind of jobs you applied to when you were 19...

I don't know what kind of jobs you applied to when you were 19...

At nineteen, i had a suit and tie not mainly for applying to jobs but because there always are funerals one has to attend. Still, even at nineteen, i wore the suit (without a tie, did not want to look too square) when applying for IT/web dev jobs.

i'm 26, and i've never put on a suit or a tie.
and i'ld like to keep it that way.