Random Thoughts....

That's just silly :/ But if you were workshy, why would you volunteer then? That's still work.

workshy would mean something similar to what i'm on (not that i'm implying i'm workshy) but more to do with the course i'm currently on. Its main goal is aimed at getting people to work again. however the course is only 13 weeks long, some merely only stick around for those 13 weeks and go back on benefits rather than stay on and keep looking for work. they just want to get through the 13 weeks, keep the job center off their backs and then go back to being on the dole after it ends.
i've unfortunately seen it all the time at the course center. many are just sent there and their only attitude is not to go back to work, but just get through those 13 weeks.

as much as i'll be happy to get the course over with, since i've found myself in a great shop. i have no intention of ending it there, i'll be very likely to accept the offer i was given today and carry on with the work experience after the course ends. It's a great place, the people are great, the hours are good and i'll be able to carry on learning. as i see it, its win-win.

I can't think of a better place to put this so I'll put it here. If something requires assembly, could they put a label on the box that says assembled in USA?
I don't really expect a response it's totally rhetorical.

That mostly comes from the recent craze of buying things that are assembled domestically and a joke with my friends about how Ikea furniture could have a label that says assembled in ______ and having the country it's being sold in written in the space.

I can't think of a better place to put this so I'll put it here. If something requires assembly, could they put a label on the box that says assembled in USA?
I don't really expect a response it's totally rhetorical.

Well, no, that would be false if you shipped it to another country and assembled it there :p

salted deep fried pork scratchings - I'm not sure... :barf: or :drool: ?

Had a bit more cowbell at work today. Still have a fever though...

the only cure is even more cowbell.

Conversation yesterday

Mum: my phone won't turn on
Me: What did you d-
Mum: NOTHING! LOOK! (Pushes button at the top of the phone) THEY GAVE ME A BAD ONE!
Me: (Grabs phone, pushes end key, phone starts normally)
Mum: oh

http://img181.imageshack.**/img181/7748/1175703827405nt4.gif

Last edited:
The best thing about listening to small radio stations is that I win everything they give away :p

Sounds like my dad. He always listens to the university radio station and keeps winning tickets to crap that he never even picks up because nobody cares. :lol:

It's gonna sound sad but I've never listened to my college's radio station...hell I don't even know what station number it is.. :p

Random Question: Would it be stupid to include a cover letter in a emailed resume for a student help desk position? If I should include it, should it be in the same document as the resume? I usually prefer handing these things to a person but they prefer it in email...

Last edited:
97.3?

If that's correct I'll go buy a lotto ticket now.:p

On other note, I has delicious omelette du fromage.

Exactly! and then he blows his lab.

Everyone I've ever asked over here saw that episode. It's one of those memories that remains hidden. And I feel old now, At 17

^Guilty as well

Is this the current incarnation of the Village People?

Most of the original members left/died, and the characters are the same, but a lot older and fatter

Last edited:
Random Question: Would it be stupid to include a cover letter in a emailed resume for a student help desk position? If I should include it, should it be in the same document as the resume? I usually prefer handing these things to a person but they prefer it in email...

Absolutely not. I always put it in the same document as my resume, and used the email body to merely inform them of my intentions to apply for the job and direct them to the resume attachment. I figure it can't hurt.