Random Thoughts....

I should finish my picture of my meerkat tree

Holy crap I had the most awesome sandwich for dinner tonight.....it`s called a Texican and I came from a restaurant named Texadelphia... it`s a cheese steak with jalape?os! Hidden_Hunter, you need to try this place when you come to the states! This picture appears to be the chicken variety, but you get the idea.

4252605519_937791e3bb.jpg

Clockwerk - please extinguish all naked flames near you. Wouldn't want you to cause an explosion :p

Holy crap I had the most awesome sandwich for dinner tonight.....it`s called a Texican and I came from a restaurant named Texadelphia... it`s a cheese steak with jalape?os! Hidden_Hunter, you need to try this place when you come to the states! This picture appears to be the chicken variety, but you get the idea.

Noted :D The one on Westheimer is probably the closest to where my dad lives

My old av will be back after christmas with a sweet party hat, and then back properly in the new year.

:drool:

And in other news, finding a pair of shoes you really want is a lot harder than you think.

I'm finally done with finals!! Whoo!

Also, I came home to find my parents Mercedes gone...and in its place, a red CTS!
Too bad I don't have my own car any more, I guess I'll just have to drive that.

I really live in bureaucra(p)tistan. All of this is to tell people when and how to clear the pavement in front of their buildings of snow and ice.
I'm glad I don't have to read stuff like that because at my place, we have a company hired to do the snow plowing. I gladly pay the few bucks a year, especially because it's impossible for me to plow during work hours, obviously.

Yikes... and I thought Windows 7 for free was good. So what are you designing, Finland's next jetfighter or beer bottles?

Nothing atm. (except an enclosure for my diy headphone amp :D) But the thought is that since nobody is going to buy that for themselves, they might as well give it away for students. After we learn to use it and we are real engineers choosing software in real jobs...

Wearing the "Scandinavian Flick" FinalGear shirt around kids can have unintended side-effects: A co-worker's kid spent the better part of yesterday's evening practicing scandinavian flicks on my shirt with his die-cast VW Taxi - while i was wearing the shirt!

While being cute and showing loads of petrolhead potential it got annoying at some point.

I'm glad I don't have to read stuff like that because at my place, we have a company hired to do the snow plowing. I gladly pay the few bucks a year, especially because it's impossible for me to plow during work hours, obviously.
I'd be glad to as well - the courts even say that working to pay your taxes etc. is not an excuse. You're supposed to find or hire someone to do it for you while you're at work... all while various local authorities are actually contemplating ending their snow clearing efforts altogether, people would then be supposed to just "adapt" to the circumstances. :rolleyes:

And I should rephrase what I said earlier. They don't tell you how to do it, they tell you what you must achieve and what you must not do, but no word on what to do when there's so much snow that you've got nowhere left to put it. It's flippin' ridiculous.

Wearing the "Scandinavian Flick" FinalGear shirt around kids can have unintended side-effects: A co-worker's kid spent the better part of yesterday's evening practicing scandinavian flicks on my shirt with his die-cast VW Taxi - while i was wearing the shirt!

While being cute and showing loads of petrolhead potential it got annoying at some point.

amybe you should carry a spare shirt next time? :p

Spoilered for really emo crap:

Packing to leave my apartment's been really sad. I got a paper shredder yesterday and started going through all the old papers and things I didn't want to move. Most of them seemed to be from a time when I was really depressed--I guess that's when I neglected to use things like, ohhhh...trash cans for old papers I didn't need anymore. Holy crap, I feel like the past six years or so has been nothing but doctor's visits and utter crap now. There were a LOT of doctor's notes that I went through. Eek. There were lots of bank statements that showed how I'd tried to buy things to make me feel better, even though that didn't work. Then there was a lot of classwork that I'd done a crappy job on but knew I could've done SO much better on if I'd have felt good enough to try. Every now and then, I'd find a card or a note from someone who'd thought of me and those--even though they're the high points--almost made me feel worse. How stupid was I not to realize that people cared about me and would've probably helped me out a bit more if I'd have just asked? I think I probably failed a lot of things because I didn't want to tell anyone what I was really dealing with--that was associated with emokids and the mentally...off. When I'd start feeling down again, I'd feel bad even telling people who knew I had issues with depression what was going on. I'm supposed to have gotten over it and moved on. I had the hardest time caring about a lot of things and I guess the problem wasn't that I didn't care, but that I had trouble expressing that I really did care. I know I did that with people, too. I just kind of...withdrew from everyone. I found a lot of things from my grandpa, who I miss quite a lot--I don't know if I ever really was there like I should have been in his last few years.

I still just kind of feel like I've failed a bit. It took me forever just to get out of college when most of my friends have moved on by now. I know that's a skewed view because not everyone even goes to college, but I do feel like I've turned out to be quite a disappointment anyway.

Oh well. At least that's over with.
When I said I had to go through papers that I wanted to shred...then set on fire......then set that fire on fire with more fire, I wasn't kidding.

Time to clean myself up and keep packing. The sooner I'm out of here, the sooner I can move on to something else.

Last edited: