Random Thoughts....

Christ. And I thought you've only had about 2,000 years to figure this snow thing out. :p
Ah yes, but for the first 1950 years we only had walking to cope with.

We do the walking thing OK, thanks.

It is more complicated transportation systems that don?t work properly.

For example, the Tube and the urban commuter railways all use the ?third rail? electrification.
When they were installed 100 years ago, I suspect every one knew they don?t work with snow and ice.
Still don?t! :lol:

No one around here has even heard of winter tires, let alone have a set to put on their cars.

Anyway, may I rely on your vote to move London further south to the Med?
(Somewhere near Cannes would be nice. :lol:)

Wasn't the dose so high you had to drink several litres per day to get it?

Idunno. Considering you should drink 2-3 litres of fluid a day, it's not unlikely to have a few people drinking several litres of diet whatever a day.

That wiki link says it takes 21 cans a day to get over the FDA daily limit. In other words, exceeding that limit is unlikely - yet, who wants to be just under some limit set by the FDA?

Last edited:
I just went shopping. Not shopping as in "christmas shopping" but as in "groceries and supplies". It was hell on earth.

I got the urge to get drunk and beat up some midgets.

Last edited:
I have a much better reason to not drink 90% of artificial sweeteners: They're all gross ass shit.

Seriously, I hate that stuff.

Mum just got back this morning from Stansted after being stuck there all weekend. Now my aunt, who flew in from Milan, is stuck in Manchester, Dublin airport is closed until 8 tonight, and so she is relying on Belfast Airport being clear to get home.

Now Dad has gotten a call from the car service, where the car is getting all the repairs for the NCT, and has found out that it's going to cost him over ?1000 to repair. It's an '03 Focus, it's had a good run, I suppose. Not sure how much more he can get out of it before he has to get a new one.

And now I have a cold. :(

I've been working non-stop since Saturday, since Mum has been away, I've pretty much been acting Mammy for my brother and dad, doing the dihes, doing my brother's washing, decorating the tree, etc.
Now I've to get up early (again) tomorrow to meet my friend to do some last minute shopping, then after the Christmas "break" I'll be spending all next week packing for my move to Dublin.

Neeeeeh.
On the plus side, I have a yummy burger and chips dinner, Coke and Double Decker for dessert to look forward to.
Also, Top Gear's back! Yay! :D

Bushwakker, Bushwakker, Whack me a bush.
Bring me a beer
Smack me a tush.

Just blame Top of the Pops for overrunning with bad Christmas songs.

And no, that's not a spoiler, it's just an observation on TV schedules and their relation with reality.