Random Thoughts....

Yeah unfortunately it's not the fat that is what kills you. My dad was pretty damn skinny when he died but a lot of what killed him was that cholesterol. That's always what I check for on nutrition labels now because even eating better than most people I know I still have dangerous levels of it.

My car won't start now so I can't pick up my phone. Faaccckkk

Funny, all this talk about tolerance to alcohol.

I've been feeling awful for a long time now, but the last straw that made me realize I needed to get myself checked out was a few weeks ago when I went to a dinner party and had one Heineken which screwed me over big time. Within 20 minutes I had advanced to the hangover stage, and not a hangover like you get from a beer or two, but the kind you get after drinking yourself silly the previous night.

Thing is, I used to be able to handle my alcohol rather well. I could easily drink a six pack of beer at home just to prep for a night out, I once even chugged over 3/4 of a 750ml bottle of Smirnoff (though I did black out that one night). At my age I don't even have the desire to do shit like that, but I can't even enjoy a beer with my dinner.

I like beer and gin and scotch....In other news I'm wearing my headphones right now, I'm not listening to music....they are just keeping my ears warm. :lol:

The humid weather keeps setting our home smoke alarms off. Stupid alarms, we don't you need to tell us it's oppressively sticky with that ear-piercing beeping that makes me want to claw my own eyes out after a minute or so! :wall:

If there was an actual fire or something they probably wouldn't even work.

I'm very tired and bit grumpy this evening because quite a lot went wrong with a few things I was trying to do with my group in the school holiday program. I won't go into what happened or I'll be here all night, but basically it's made me really doubt my ability to handle being responsible for others. :-( Working with a school-aged group when I'm not used to it probably isn't helping, nor is the fact that the weather has crammed everyone indoors. Then again, I've never done anything like this before, so I cant be too pissed off with myself for making a few mistakes here and there, I guess.

The humid weather keeps setting our home smoke alarms off. Stupid alarms, we don't you need to tell us it's oppressively sticky with that ear-piercing beeping that makes me want to claw my own eyes out after a minute or so! :wall:

If there was an actual fire or something they probably wouldn't even work.

I'm very tired and bit grumpy this evening because quite a lot went wrong with a few things I was trying to do with my group in the school holiday program. I won't go into what happened or I'll be here all night, but basically it's made me really doubt my ability to handle being responsible for others. :-( Working with a school-aged group when I'm not used to it probably isn't helping, nor is the fact that the weather has crammed everyone indoors. Then again, I've never done anything like this before, so I cant be too pissed off with myself for making a few mistakes here and there, I guess.

Mistakes are part of learning. You'll get there. I once ran a few sport programs for primary school kids and they were little terrors. The ones from country schools weren't so bad, but the ones from my old private college were the worst!

Yeah. I'm pretty damn hard on myself with stuff like this, being too much of a perfectionist is a bit of a problem sometimes.
I'm not the only inexperienced volunteer there, and I can't compare myself to people who have been helping out there since the city council started the program 5 years ago and / or have worked at the YMCA or other community organisations before.

Unless the Food and Drug Administration considers aluminum foil to be safe for human consumption, this should be illegal under the same 1938 law that made Kinder Eggs illegal in the US since day 1.
Doesn't that ban inedible things inside edible shells? The edibility of Hershey's chocolate can at best be debatable.

I must admit that Riesling, specifically Relax Riesling, goes great with Stouffers macaroni and cheese with chunks of spam in it.

So I just had 2 glasses of wine and 3 huge beers. And now I'm drunk. I was going to go out and get some beers for myself from a grocery store and while I walked out my mentor called me and told me that I should come join him for the whole brown dwarf group dinner or some shit. I did and we ended up having dinner and drinking at a bar. Fun fun.

I didn't think you were that short LP.

;)

Hmm... got a rejection for a job application in the mail today... and a mass e-mail from another company I've already worked for, telling its customers about job and vocational training opportunities.

I think I'll call my old boss about it, I really did like the work.

I'm 5'6" (i think) and 135 lbs (I think....bloody imperial measurements!) and get drunk so quickly. I think anything more than 4 standard drinks and I'm pretty hammered. Still functional enough to book international trips on the interwebs though.

Oh, just because I get to the drunk stage easily doesn't mean I can't hold my alcohol...I've only been blacked out once in my life, and I haven't been sick in years.

Had three alco bottles of vodka, two screwdrivers and a tequila shot tonight and I'm a bulky little one. I feel fine. I always feel that food, water and time are key points to get out of drunkeness.

5ft 11 1/2ins - 22 and 1/2 stone - takes a bit for me to get squiffy. Mind you I avoid shorts mostly, and never mix wine and beer.

I heard this song in a store today, does this remind you of a Bond theme or David Bowie?

Neither. Beach Boys meets the Carpenters.

:wheelchair:

I'm 1.86 meters and about 87 Kilos (post-christmas extra baggage, trying to get it back down below 85) and on a good night i can handle about five liters of beer and a few shots. On other days, two liters will knock me out. It depends.

On top of that it feels like the hangovers are getting worse with every year i'm getting older.

Well I'm 1.78m and about 70kg. I very rarely get completely shit-faced and actually managed the first hangover I can remember in a long time between Christmas and New Year but that was only down to a combo of two beers, the best part of two bottles of sake and codeine I was taking for a pulled muscle in my back.

The only thing that ruins me is wine - my head is fine but I have a really sickly acid stomach the next day. I know what the good Herr Doktor means about them getting worse with age though!

:wheelchair: