Random Thoughts....

I am going to sign a letter:

Dear XXXXXX:

Just stuff walking the dog up the cos.

Love,
Partly Cloudy East.

:lol:

It sounds like one of those newspaper names like 'Sleepless in seattle'. "Horny in Hudson". "Constipated in California".

I swear premature senile dementia is setting in. I just tried pouring sugar into the just filled coffee jar then I tried putting a spoon full of coffee in to the sugar jar I figured out was the one that needed filling, instead of my damn mug. o_O

Yo dawg?

Edit: My ideal club would be members only, and we all have private liquor cabinets with fancy keys that are unique. Then we all sit around and watch sports and make prop bets on things besides the outcome of the game.

Can we do it with tasty beer instead?

After reading many, MANY parental hijinks on Lamebook.com, I thank God my parents do not own a computer, or are interested in the internet. Just a few month ago my mother got a cell phone. A CELLULAR PHONE.
Some people want their children to remain innocent, I want my parents to remain so, and never experience things like "goatse" or /b/ tards.

Yes, this can be good. My parents are about the same. They have a computer but barely use it.

Nah the whole "Diabetic Mormon" thing is just me being me making an observation because, that is what she is.

And yes, I know we Brits have this thing about religion. I am Church of England. All I need to say is Henry VIII and Eddie Izzard's "Cake or Death?" speech. XD

Who is this diabetic mormon?

I swear premature senile dementia is setting in. I just tried pouring sugar into the just filled coffee jar then I tried putting a spoon full of coffee in to the sugar jar I figured out was the one that needed filling, instead of my damn mug. o_O

Nah, just proof you need the caffine.

I do this constantly and really I wonder if I should just plan my mid life crisis for like 25.

Quarter life crisis? I think that could catch on.

I've been known to but a box of tea-bags in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard while making tea... :?

I frequently do this with packets of cigarettes. Though I have taken to randomly putting them in me knicker drawer for some reason. o_O

Woof? o_O

Who is this diabetic mormon?

Nah, just proof you need the caffine.

Oh, it's my boyfriend's ex who I despise with a passion and who everyone else reckons is better than sliced bread.

Oh and believe me that coffee I finally made after my "senior moment" was totally needed.

Last edited:
I think the 15 to 18 year olds we have on here are a good bunch, I am proud of all of them. :) Of all the internet stupidity perpetuated by 15-24 years olds, Final Gear is an island of sanity.

Hear hear, uncle :p. In all seriousness, compared to any single-car forum that I've been on, FG is shockingly mature for being a car forum. Maybe it's because we know better than to hold one brand or model of car sacred and all others as demonic. That being said, Miatas still suck, even if they don't know it yet. :mrgreen:

This is because we're not a car forum. We're an everything forum, we're a place normal people can talk about various topics with all confidence they will get a reply that actually makes sense. We are the counterweight to the net's insanity.

We. Are. Awesome.

This is because we're not a car forum. We're an everything forum, we're a place normal people can talk about various topics with all confidence they will get a reply that actually makes sense. We are the counterweight to the net's insanity.

We. Are. Awesome.

FG is everyones online Home :happy:

KaJuN's? or the one Jay thought was forogotten?

Last edited:
It's getting freaky out... snow, sleet, and hail all at the same time with thunder and lightning!

Just a good heavy rain in Paris right now.

Do they not have fraternities in German universities? They're not all beer-swilling troublemakers here, though depending on your perspective that's what a student is anyway.

I started my studies at an University that was home to more than 30 fraternities.

German "Burschenschaften" (literally: "fellowships") and "Verbindungen" (literally: "connections") are even worse than the U.S. greek system: Having been established after beating Napoleon in 1831, they aimed for an end of the Kleinstaaterei (the system of every german province or county being it's own independent state ruled by a Lord or King) and the unification of Germany into a constitutional monarchy. Sadly, while starting out as a progressive, pro-democracy, pro-civil rights movement, they quickly transformed into strongholds of xenophobia, racism and outright nazism, combined with a strong sense of hierarchy and dozens of rituals that include the consumption of liberal amounts of alcoholic beverages and/or the use of rapiers.
Actually, that's the only difference between "Verbindungen" and "Burschenschaften": fencing and duelling are mandatory at Burschenschaften, in some cases resulting in a "Schmiss", a visible scar in the face from a rapiers' blade, which, like a Mason's secret handshake, in some circles will serve as a door-opener. Of course, duelling without protection is strongly forbidden even within Burschenschaften these days, but there's where alcohol and a strong sense of tradition come in...

Most Verbindungen and Burschenschaften, to this day, accept only white christians of german birth. As many young germans have no formal ties to the church any more, atheists and agnostics are accepted in most cases, showing the true nature of the "christians only" as a "no jews" rule.

It has to be added that in some parts of Germany it is almost impossible to start a career in judiciary and/or medicine without having been in a Burschenschaft: All judges, heads of law firms, hospital top brass have been in a Burschenschaft during their studies and will see to it that the top jobs go to people they know. In some cities, more than 75% of the law and medicine students are organized in Burschenschaften. Especially the ties into courts and DA offices come in handy when a drunken mock duel went wrong and there's a corpse get rid of without implicating the Burschenschaft (every University town has lots of stories about bodies being dumped into the river to conceal a duel that went south as a drunken drowning - no surprise this kind of stories have become a staple of German TV police procedurals).

"Lieber ein Geschw?r am After als ein deutscher Burschenschaftler"
(Better to have an ulcer on the anus than being in a german Burschenschaft)

Last edited:
I started my studies at an University that was home to more than 30 fraternities.

German "Burschenschaften" (literally: "fellowships") and "Verbindungen" (literally: "connections") are even worse than the U.S. greek system: Having been established after beating Napoleon in 1831, they aimed for an end of the Kleinstaaterei (the system of every german province or county being it's own independent state ruled by a Lord or King) and the unification of Germany into a constitutional monarchy. Sadly, while starting out as a progressive, pro-democracy, pro-civil rights movement, they quickly transformed into strongholds of xenophobia, racism and outright nazism, combined with a strong sense of hierarchy and dozens of rituals that include the consumption of liberal amounts of alcoholic beverages and/or the use of rapiers.
Actually, that's the only difference between "Verbindungen" and "Burschenschaften": fencing and duelling are mandatory at Burschenschaften, in some cases resulting in a "Schmiss", a visible scar in the face from a rapiers' blade, which, like a Mason's secret handshake, in some circles will serve as a door-opener. Of course, duelling without protection is strongly forbidden even within Burschenschaften these days, but there's where alcohol and a strong sense of tradition come in...

Most Verbindungen and Burschenschaften, to this day, accept only white christians of german birth. As many young germans have no formal ties to the church any more, atheists and agnostics are accepted in most cases, showing the true nature of the "christians only" as a "no jews" rule.

It has to be added that in some parts of Germany it is almost impossible to start a career in judiciary and/or medicine without having been in a Burschenschaft: All judges, heads of law firms, hospital top brass have been in a Burschenschaft during their studies and will see to it that the top jobs go to people they know. In some cities, more than 75% of the law and medicine students are organized in Burschenschaften. Especially the ties into courts and DA offices come in handy when a drunken mock duel went wrong and there's a corpse get rid of without implicating the Burschenschaft (every University town has lots of stories about bodies being dumped into the river to conceal a duel that went south as a drunken drowning - no surprise this kind of stories have become a staple of German TV police procedurals).

"Lieber ein Geschw?r am After als ein deutscher Burschenschaftler"
(Better to have an ulcer on the anus than being in a german Burschenschaft)

Two points:

1. I think you will find Napoleon was finally defeated by a coalition of Prussians, Dutch and British forces outside of a village in Belgium called waterloo in 1815. There were I think some other odd and sods there too.

Wellington claimed he had "an infamous army, very weak and ill-equipped, and a very inexperienced Staff".[15] His troops consisted of 67,000 men: 50,000 infantry, 11,000 cavalry, and 6,000 artillery with 150 guns. Of these, 25,000 were British, with another 6,000 from the King's German Legion. All of the British Army troops were regular soldiers and 7,000 of them were Peninsular War veterans.[16] In addition, there were 17,000 Dutch and Belgian troops, 11,000 from Hanover, 6,000 from Brunswick, and 3,000 from Nassau.[17]

2. In Scotland and N. Ireland a similar situation exists with the Masons. Their descrimination is against Catholics.