Random Thoughts....

So... uhh... my laptop died. It passed away quietly in its sleep. That's more literal than metaphor, I had put it to sleep and then when I tried to wake it up again later it wouldn't wake up. Something's probably fried, I stress that sumbitch to its limit all the time. I'll be going to the hipster store tomorrow to talk to a self declared smart guy. I luckily still have a few months left on my Applecare so I have nothing to lose, best case scenario is it's totally fried and I get a shiny new replacement, but I think more likely I've just blown out the gpu.

My Thermos is making strange noises.

Sexy body but I have never and will never remotely like light fretboards. :yucky: (<- IMO)

I can deal with it for that bird's eye maple. Normally, I'm with you though. But sometimes it just works. But they do get dirty quick.

106712b-1.jpg

Last edited:
He'd get shedloads of dosh here - leaving a similar company that he drove into the ground. These sorts of companies are all run by mates who look after each other. Hello remuneration committee.

The large shareholders are Life and Pensions offices who are run by the same sort of people! They never cause waves - you have to be really, really incompetent before you are pressured into leaving as a company boss.

Worse these people are now (with the demise of the Grammar School) all Public School educated, like the Government. Grrrrrrrr

Arrgh, my sleep schedule is so jacked up since I have nothing to do. I fell asleep at 11 and woke up at like, 4:15. I would like more than 5 hours of sleep!

Officially on maternity leave :dance:

So I'm trying to figure out a way to cut costs out of my budget.... That's when it hit me.

I rarely "talk" on the phone. Seriously, it's only a few minutes at that, never long conversations. I use data (and to a much lesser extent, text messaging) more.

Because Verizon's full of evil bastards I can't simply pay per minute for voice and just pay data and texting...Plus, I have a family plan due to having my little brother on my account. (little bro wanted his own phone-parents ran out of available lines so they asked me....If I would have said no I would have been the "meanie" and he would have had to continue sharing a phone with my other younger brother so there's that...)

I'm contemplating getting this month paid off then switching to a dumbphone. I'd use my Motorola Droid as an iPod touch like device.

Of course, totally my luck too, my pay period from my university IT job STILL hasn't come yet...its been at least two weeks now and I still haven't been paid, I really wanted to put some additional money toward my Verizon bill (Which was due the 7th but since I got money from my uncle to pay my housing deposit for next year i was able to put the remainder of that (40 bucks worth) toward the bill) but now i'll probably only be able to put 33 bucks toward it, thankfully, due to my CVS job.

I'm just sick of having to pay 149 dollars each month to barely talk to people....-_- Thoughts on this plan?

Last edited:
149 USD - WTF! (Quick calculation, er um thrummn thats about 100GBP!)

You need to seriously do some research - have you any other providers, can you change plans and may be top up using a pay as you go chip?

149 USD - WTF! (Quick calculation, er um thrumnn thats about 100GBP!)

You need to seriously do some research - have you any other providers, can you change plans and may be top up using a pay as you go chip?

Verizon brands themselves as a "premium" carrier due to their reputation for having the best network with the widest available coverage here in the US. That part's true, I've never ever lost a signal. Period. But they charge accordingly. That 149 dollar price includes my 20% discount for service and additional calling features like unlimited data (which is required for the phone I have) All taxes and fees are included in that price as well.

ATT's now slightly less due to their capped data plans but these two are usually neck and neck when it comes to pricing. Sprint and T-Mobile are decidedly cheaper. I wouldn't mind switching to either of the latter two.

I am tantalizingly close to being off contract...well was anyway until my brother's line got added so I'm, in theory, trapped in contract hell for a while. (IIRC September....)

I wanted to switch a long time ago (I wasn't under contract when I signed up for Verizon almost 2 years ago but my Dad broke his phone...so out of the kindness of my heart I let my older brother who works for Verizon transfer my upgrade to my Dad so he wouldn't be phoneless...that locked me in) but since I'm locked now that's not an option. Add in the fact that my brother works for Verizon and any talk of switching providers results in my family giving me the stink eye: "Why would you switch, they have the best network, we're all on it...your brother works there..."

Add in whatever Early Termination Fees I'd have to pay and switching's a royal PITA. If I had enough coin to pay the bill and the ETF's for both lines in one shot, I'd do it.

Because I'm essentially stuck I'm considering switching to a dumbphone.

That would eliminate 30 dollars right there for data. I'd have to find a phone on eBay or CraigsList but I've done that before for several phones including my current one with great success.

I'll have to do some calculations in my head to see whether it would be worthwhile.:?::blink:

I might also go into a verizon wireless store and ask whether they're accounting for all my discounts correctly. I want to ensure that it's taking 20% off both lines.

Last edited: