Random Thoughts....

You know you'd really like to GTFO when procrastination consists of "looking at apartments in other cities."

Gah, I'm bored. But, ooh, maybe my "must have garage" demands aren't so unrealistic after all (...if I ever get a %*^! jerb)?

i've just noticed that my town is trending world wide on twitter, which is not exactly something i see happen everyday... or well ever. this has got to be a sign of the impending apocalypse.

If you like analysing things and thinking, it's grouse!
Or perhaps some other form of game bird.

From Wiki:
"Grouse are game, and hunters kill millions each year for food, sport, and other uses. The male Black Grouse's tail feathers are a traditional ornament for hats in areas such as Scotland and the Alps. Folk dances from the Alps to the North American prairies imitate the displays of lekking males.[2]"

You know you'd really like to GTFO when procrastination consists of "looking at apartments in other cities."

Gah, I'm bored. But, ooh, maybe my "must have garage" demands aren't so unrealistic after all (...if I ever get a %*^! jerb)?

Melbourne, Australia?

I find myself looking at cars in for the same reasons, impractical as it may be.

I do that sometimes out of curiosity but most times because I feel like I'm stuck in a rut.

I'm doing the same... Buying a house/apartment now and reselling it in 4 years when I leave uni works out cheaper than renting...

I already have an apartment that I own.

I have to sell it because I can't afford to live on my own :(

Oh Katwalk I am sorry to hear that.

You could try to get a partner/relative - to move in perhaps. It will be a right pain in the arse getting back on the property owning ladder again.

I think the only option is renting it out, but it is a decent half hour drive away and driving up there this past winter to deal with issues (such as the heat not working) was a bit stressful. Mostly I am annoyed that I don't think I will in any shape for moving out for awhile, and since the housing market is so rock bottom selling now and buying later will lose a shitload of money.

Yes go renting out or flat (Sorry, Brit English - apartment) sharing if you can. Sell as the very last resort IMHO, you have correctly identified the problem - you really should avoid taking the loss if at all possible - property prices will bounce back sooner or later.

I'm doing the same... Buying a house/apartment now and reselling it in 4 years when I leave uni works out cheaper than renting...

Inc closing costs, real estate agent's fees, etc?

I just did the same calculation for 5 years in Chicago and it worked out to ALMOST breaking even, if the market improves a couple percent in those 5 years.

The heating is fixed now (honestly if I was living there I would never have turned on anyway, it only was fixed because the person the floor below also died and there was no heat from there coming up and the pipes froze) but it still is totally unlivable because of the sheer volume of trash. It has to be de-trashed, cleaned, and fixed. Apparently my dad had anger issues and smashed up some doors and cabinets.

So roughly the time that Q got pissed off at me in the TSA thread. I didn't break any rules so he couldn't justify banning me so I get to put up with this passive-aggressive bullshit instead.

It's a title, who really cares - apparently it took a month and someone pointing it out for me to notice - I just think that a mod would have better things to do than try to get back at me for not liking his employer.

You can report the issue to the admins... oh wait.

The heating is fixed now (honestly if I was living there I would never have turned on anyway, it only was fixed because the person the floor below also died and there was no heat from there coming up and the pipes froze) but it still is totally unlivable because of the sheer volume of trash. It has to be de-trashed, cleaned, and fixed. Apparently my dad had anger issues and smashed up some doors and cabinets.

I know there are emotional issues in the mix, but wouldn?t it be a nice project to clean up the place? Maybe you would feel better about the whole thing. :dunno:

Half way through the 40 minutes by myself in the IT dept before I can go home and not a peep out of anyone. Either we're doing a good job or they've totally lost faith in us...

Or they've escaped, which is the most likely.

So for my economics module exam I get a case study; essentially a study based on a real company but with the numbers and names changed. Its our job to answer questions about it; but we get the case study 2 weeks before the exam. As nice as that is, the board of directors in this company are called Brian Jones, Ron Wood, Keith Richards and (presumably for equal opportunaties reasons) Michaela Taylor. :lol: This makes the module leader a bit of a legend. :p