Random Thoughts....

To be honest no. Mainly because smoking is a comfort to me. Crazy-arse comfort but still, it stops me from going completely insane most o' the time. Pretty sure that if I stopped completely it wouldn't spur me parents into stopping either. Both sides of me family are all smokers it was inevitable for me to an' all. Well that's my excuse, probably a piss-poor one to some folk but am sticking by it.

No problem - as I said, just a crazy thought.

And from what you posted about your Dad, I can see how you would need as many of your comforts as you can get. Your family seems a lot like mine - quirky, crazy at times; but never boring. :lol:

No problem - as I said, just a crazy thought.

And from what you posted about your Dad, I can see how you would need as many of your comforts as you can get. Your family seems a lot like mine - quirky, crazy at times; but never boring. :lol:

Yeah at least when any one of us has actually run out of ciggies we can always pinch one off some random family member! XD

For a lack of better words; me father's a weirdo. But me family is terrible. I mean me family should be in a soap opera or summat. Proper real life Gold-diggers but I won't go into that. Eccentric. Loud. Brash. Violent. Psychic.

That's just the women. XD

should we be feeling sorry for your bloke? what with you being an eccentric loud brash violent psychic(?) lancs woman :p

*sigh*

I'm bored.

Fucking time zones! How do they work??

I'm leaving this island for the US next week and my itinerary is screwing with my head. My first flight leaves here at noon and my middle leg leaves from Seattle at noon on the same day.

Can I has secret to time travel to go back in time 2 weeks???????

Staying up until 2 am proves one thing: I am a dumbass.

Can I has secret to time travel to go back in time 2 weeks???????

Oh how wonderful life would be if we all had a time machine....*sighs wistfully*

Last edited:
If I had a time machine, I'd only want it if a certain Time Lord came with it.

hmm, someone from work who I don't actually know very well just requested to add me as a friend on FB - add yay/nay?

hmm, someone from work who I don't actually know very well just requested to add me as a friend on FB - add yay/nay?

Do nothing. Leave it as 'request pending'

Regarding smoking: I love smoking. I like the taste, I like the smell (of fresh smoke, not of old smoke hanging in the air), I like the funny feeling when the nicotine kicks in, I like how I look with a cigarette in my mouth, the only thing that made me quit is fear of cancer. The day they invent a cure for cancer (or even a shot against it) I'll be back on two packs a day and I am looking forward to it.

I think adding colleagues as FB friends goes under "networking" and thus is encouraged.

Last edited:

Ehh, you shouldn't be typing shit about your place of work or indeed anything that may compromise your employment on FB, so as long as you don't do that I don't see the harm.

Also, I need to cancel my airline tickets from Sydney to Adelaide on Friday. However there's an increasing likelihood that flight may be cancelled due to this ash cloud that's still hanging around. I cant get a refund and it's doubtful they'll give me credit as these are cheap tix through Virgin Australia. So do I ring up and try to get credit (and pay the $80 fee if it's successful) or hang on and wait to see if Virgin cancel the flight in which case surely they'd either refund or give me credit as it's their fault? :p

Last edited:
Marks for the last two exams are in, everything went exactly as I expected. :lol: Now a month of chilling out to recover from a tough term before attempting to start learning anything on my own this summer.

Wow, this has been a shit week. I woke up on monday morning thinking it was friday, I woke this morning thinking it was the weekend, I'm the most tired I've been in a long time, and yet the work keeps piling up... it's downhill from here :p

Dear Cat,

I hate you. I just get settled on the impossible-to-get-up-from-without-dislocating-your-knees couch, with blanket and comfy pillows and you want me to open the door so you can come inside. Especially when 2 minutes ago you refused my offer of an open door.

And putting dismembered mice in my slippers is REALLY not appreciated.

:p

On another note. Fekking cold.

So my parents and I went to take a look at a car today, it was in very nice condition and was only $7500. Anyways, this guy lived in a rather wealthy part of town and could not stop going on about it. Somehow he could turn everything he was saying about the car into something about how rich he was, literally every second sentence he would mention something about how he only bought good cars because his family could afford it or how his Dad is a lawyer or how he went to an elite private school ,or how he's moving to New York in three weeks to work in investment banking or whatever. I know you have money, but please, have some class. Funnily enough, during the test drive, he showed us his old house and it turns out his parents bought the same house my parents were going to buy 15 years ago. Small world, huh? Now, if only there was some way I could have subtly dropped a hint that he was being vulgar without explicitly saying so.

Dear Cat,

I hate you. I just get settled on the impossible-to-get-up-from-without-dislocating-your-knees couch, with blanket and comfy pillows and you want me to open the door so you can come inside. Especially when 2 minutes ago you refused my offer of an open door.

And putting dismembered mice in my slippers is REALLY not appreciated.

:p

On another note. Fekking cold.

Cat is teaching you to hunt. Be thankful :p