Random Thoughts....

Not exactly entertaining. Shawn decided that his side of a healthy debate with Dr Grip about the Vancouver riots was inflammatory and in his (very sadly) naturally depressive state decided to take a break. Hopefully he will feel better soon and will make a welcome return.

Captain 70s' endless whining in NSFW about his life and complete failure to act on any advice any of us gave him got him called out as an attention whore at which point he posted an attention-whoring post about how he was going to leave FG....... whether he does remains to be seen.

Polly has other things going on and announced a self-imposed sabbatical in the last day or so. Hopefully he will make a triumphant comeback with plenty of hipness and left-field posting. I for one have missed his bespectacled beardiness and ever so slightly sinister way of looking at things.

Thanks, my three comments or two cents:

1: Politics ruin everything when they turn personal.
2: I'm glad I never requested access to NSFW.
3: Fucken' POLLY is out?!? Say it isn't so!

She will always be here waiting for him:

Geisha_Finger.jpg

I dreamed that I had 3 jobs. What. The. Fuck?

Channeling your inner Puerto Rican?

I get to go to work for no reason today because I took home a key set that unlocks the tire rack. Not the first time I did this, and not as bad as when I borrowed my bosses car and forgot to hand the keys back to him. Thankfully he drives "demos" and there is always a spare.

I bought a few days ago a short sleeve white linen shirt. I have never owned one, never was much for button up shirts, but I should wear them more often because DAMN I look good in them.

Last edited:
Pics or it didn't happen, you cool bastard!

Only trouble with linen is that it looks great for 5 minutes and then you spend the rest of the day looking like you slept in it.

Wait, you (a European) are educating an Asian guy about anime?

So it would seem. I get the impression am actually more Asian than he is at times. XD

May I recommend GitS* Stand-Alone Complex? (That is, if you haven't already.) And of course, Cowboy Bebop is a classic. I'm also partial to Initial D and have recently started watching Outlaw Star - which reminds me so much of Firefly it's creepy.

*GitS - Ghost in the Shell, if you didn't know.

Oh don't get me started about GitS, I've been obsessed wi' that whole franchise since I was about 11. All the dvds, the manga, bunch of figures, tattoo...

Well I kinda introduced him to Black Lagoon an' Darker than Black. Two of my more recent fave animes. He's eventually gonna get round to Cowboy Bebop an' Outlaw Star (which is awesome by the way) maybe even Hellsing. He thoroughly enjoyed Evangelion an' am trying me damnedest to keep him the fuck away from Death Note. o_O

Gotta get him onto FLCL though... heh heh heh... XD

because the newer anime is all shit. maison ikkoku is where it's at.

I wouldn't knock it all. I'll watch anything. :)

Me and CrazyRussian are heading out to a car and motorcycle auction in a few minutes. I asked another friend of mine to come, but he can't: he's going to a Taylor Swift concert with his girlfriend.

That's a man card revoking, right?

I asked another friend of mine to come, but he can't: he's going to a Taylor Swift concert with his girlfriend.

Partially. If the end result is getting laid, then that goes in favor of the man card.

I was driving to the store and I saw this big black dude, who looked like his sole source of sustenance was steroids washed down with muscle milk, who was riding one of those old beach cruiser bicycles causally down the street. All I could think was, "oh shit, it's Deebo, run!"

I'm not really a racist, I just play one on the internet.

You know, Deebo, from the Friday movie(s)?

Me and CrazyRussian are heading out to a car and motorcycle auction in a few minutes. I asked another friend of mine to come, but he can't: he's going to a Taylor Swift concert with his girlfriend.

Does not compute. Maybe he was afraid he would buy all the things.

Polly has other things going on and announced a self-imposed sabbatical in the last day or so. Hopefully he will make a triumphant comeback with plenty of hipness and left-field posting. I for one have missed his bespectacled beardiness and ever so slightly sinister way of looking at things.
Polly will return once the end-semester paper writing is done, just as every year.

Excellent news! These boards are currently not quite hairy enough. :clap:

This should redress the balance somewhat until he returns....

3.jpg

Oh don't get me started about GitS, I've been obsessed wi' that whole franchise since I was about 11. All the dvds, the manga, bunch of figures, tattoo...

Well I kinda introduced him to Black Lagoon an' Darker than Black. Two of my more recent fave animes. He's eventually gonna get round to Cowboy Bebop an' Outlaw Star (which is awesome by the way) maybe even Hellsing. He thoroughly enjoyed Evangelion an' am trying me damnedest to keep him the fuck away from Death Note. o_O

Gotta get him onto FLCL though... heh heh heh... XD

She watches Hellsing! <3 And just give him Death Note already, its AWESOME... until you start spending all your classes looking out the window to catch the notebook falling D:

Excellent news! These boards are currently not quite hairy enough. :clap:

This should redress the balance somewhat until he returns....

3.jpg

I raise you my neckbeard D: pics sometime tomorrow.. If I remember... Maybe.. :p

1. I would like some palak paneer.

2. You ever notice that there is a single mom on every reality show who breaks down crying around the season midpoint saying she misses her kid?

3. It's strange that I post more random shit here than I do on FaceBook where people actually know me.

Today I discovered just how often I skip using my mouthwash. I bought the bottle nearly six months ago, and use 20ml a day (the cap has a fill line for it). It was a rather large 1.5L bottle. If I used it once daily I should have finished it in 75 days.

It's still about a quarter full.