Random Thoughts....

I think it's cute, you boys talking about the merits of LA women versus SD women - when we all know they aren't worthy of holding a Northern CA woman's purse! The women here don't need fake tans and boob jobs - they are secure enough in their feminity and have buckets of self esteem.

A little too much self-esteem, actually; as none of them are willing to lower their standards enough to date me.

:lol: You're funny. Just about every single girl I've met from the Bay is as uptight as the worst of SD's bleached, fake-tanned blondes. Which is to say as uptight as Hollywood's hopefuls.

The main reason I'm adamant LA wins is because there is enough variety here to make it easy (or at least easier) to find the cool ones. I'm not personally too familiar with Northern California, but in SD I only managed to find a plethora of dumb, shallow, personality free hotties with a side of unattractive, antisocial brainiacs from UCSD. Not what I'd call a workable selection.

And just in case we're gettin' all serious up in 'ere, obviously none of this is 100% guaranteed. Some of the most interesting and attractive women I've met were my classmates at UCSD. It's just that I found the averages rather...discouraging.

Lol, so much LA hate in here. It's not perfect, but I love it.

I don't think I've ever eaten Spam. I'm quite fine with that.

I do think it's time for some of Nugget's Yankee pot roast.
You are missing out.

:lol: You're funny. Just about every single girl I've met from the Bay is as uptight as the worst of SD's bleached, fake-tanned blondes. Which is to say as uptight as Hollywood's hopefuls.

The main reason I'm adamant LA wins is because there is enough variety here to make it easy (or at least easier) to find the cool ones. I'm not personally too familiar with Northern California, but in SD I only managed to find a plethora of dumb, shallow, personality free hotties with a side of unattractive, antisocial brainiacs from UCSD. Not what I'd call a workable selection.

And just in case we're gettin' all serious up in 'ere, obviously none of this is 100% guaranteed. Some of the most interesting and attractive women I've met were my classmates at UCSD. It's just that I found the averages rather...discouraging.
Having visited both NorCal, LA, and SD I can vote as an objective outsider. SD has the most beautiful California girls, LA has more beautiful girls in general as many are imported from across the country, and SF has a leg up on the smart, go getter type of girls.

That being said, I like SD. The girls are cuter, the beaches are better, there are less celebrities and it's close to TJ(which was fun before Mexicans decided to have a war). Coastal LA is great but the valley is a horrible wasteland of murderous temperatures and nothing of value so that deducts points. SF is nice but it's cold in a bad way. Not awesome winter snow cold, but damp foggy only is nice once in a while cold. I will say that it's educational institutions are second to none, and has in my mind THE best public and private universities in the country located just minutes from each other.

It's really difficult for me to enjoy watching soccer/football because most of the players have absolutely no honor.

No, but we have other bitches. SD only has SD bitches. ;)

Side-note: I'm very happy you're on 'ere, as it's quite entertaining to poke fun at a local, as the Germans and Scandinavians have been doing for an eternity.

As am I. Most of my LA friends that I make fun of don't play along and end up succumbing going "Yeah I miss SD, it's an awesome place". They can't find a proper reason to put it down! :lol:

I think it's cute, you boys talking about the merits of LA women versus SD women - when we all know they aren't worthy of holding a Northern CA woman's purse! The women here don't need fake tans and boob jobs - they are secure enough in their feminity and have buckets of self esteem.

A little too much self-esteem, actually; as none of them are willing to lower their standards enough to date me.

So I grew up in SD but got my bach. in nor cal. My first and only SERIOUS girlfriend was a native norcalian. She now ironically lives in Irvine. They all have great attitudes, I must say, but from what I saw, I would look at a girl on the Berkeley campus from behind and be like "damn what a nice ass, and what great long flowing hair". EY GURL LEMME GET A PIKACHU. And then when they turn around, they looking something not unlike this:

scary-bear.jpg

And the thing is, they think they're super cute, and I'm like dude YOU WERE super cute before you put on that egotistical face on, and then the bear costume.

I have been to LA, My parents and I visited my brother when he lived near Hollywood in this crappy neighborhood called SilverLake, or as he called it, Silverfish.
Los Angeles horrified me, I will never go back again. Call me a prude or uptight, but that city is fucked up.

Did I ever mention... that I love you <3 :lmao:. Yeah thanks for gettin my back. You're a very very smart person as I've always said. :p

SD girls are undeniably pretty. The sun does something wonderful to everyone here and anyone visiting. And that's not a bias, as I've left the area and was totally dying and missing it all when I was away. But depending on where you go and who you look for, you can find some of the WORST most SHALLOW pieces of shit in the world. Take my high school classmate Crystal Harris, who graduated the same year as me. Yeah that's right. Crystal harris, the one who almost married Hugh Hefner of Playboy Crystal Harris.

crystal-harris-20090630074956072_640w.jpg

She was always a cutie in high school, always good to look at, but never someone I feel I could get into deep conversations with. Sure she studied psychology but which hot girl in San Diego who has no idea wtf they're doing with their life doesn't study psychology? She was a very nice person, kept mostly to herself, but didn't come off too pretentious. When she did open her mouth you could tell she was just "one of those typical blonde SD chicks".

Then take a look at another friend of mine.

18632_553675213292_2102115_32496155_1430591_n.jpg

She may not have the same sort-of appearance as Crystal, but you can't deny that she is cute. This girl was actually smart, down-to-earth, and was always smiling and always cheerful. She was competitive and was on the cheerleading squad if I remember right, and unlike the other girls of the popular group, she wasn't afraid to talk to a complete nerd like me and "ruin her image". She was a friend of the moderately popular group :). So I guess it's all really in where you look at.

LA girls are also pretty in certain areas (aka not in compton and all that). My hatred with LA comes from the traffic, the fact that it essentially stole SD's airport (and we have a natural port unlike you guys!), and the general environment. I like the mixture and infusion of races and cultures, it is quite spectacular... but I can see all that and even more up in nor cal. If you want racial and sexual co-existence, the first words that should come out of your mouth should be "San Francisco". Everyone just gets along.

Having visited both NorCal, LA, and SD I can vote as an objective outsider. SD has the most beautiful California girls, LA has more beautiful girls in general as many are imported from across the country, and SF has a leg up on the smart, go getter type of girls.

That being said, I like SD. The girls are cuter, the beaches are better, there are less celebrities and it's close to TJ(which was fun before Mexicans decided to have a war). Coastal LA is great but the valley is a horrible wasteland of murderous temperatures and nothing of value so that deducts points. SF is nice but it's cold in a bad way. Not awesome winter snow cold, but damp foggy only is nice once in a while cold. I will say that it's educational institutions are second to none, and has in my mind THE best public and private universities in the country located just minutes from each other.

Dat's my dawg! <fist pumps>

What kind of hotel firewall blocks email? FFS

This is all your fault, Belgium.

Last edited:
Raptor Jesus's new title is making me think of Secret Diary of a Call Girl, perhaps they should make a spin off and cast him in it. :lol:

*brofistbump*

Very good summary of the high and low points of those places. In the end, they're all actually quite different, and none are perfect for everyone. I miss the perfection of SD weather and the ridiculous number of pretty girls, but I prefer the liveliness of LA and the lack of "island fever" I used to get in SD. In the end, there just isn't that much to do, at least by night. SF and the rest of "the North" might be even more interesting in terms of people, but I can't deal with that weather. I spent the first 16 years of my life living in a wholly continental climate, and Southern California has since properly spoiled me, and that's that.

Also, I don't really count the Valley. I only agree to go there at gunpoint. :D

For the record, I'd rather your friend than the ever so lovely Miss Harris. With or without the added personality/brain benefits and every day of the week. It's not really even a contest.

And for the end, our great uniter, so to speak:

:cool:

Sorry, to harsh your mellow, but I don't really hate LA. I wouldn't live there, but I don't hate it.

Same goes for San Diego. The time I spent in San Diego wasn't the greatest - that's where I went to boot camp - but it was okay.

Truth be told, if I had to live in SoCal, I would want to live in Barstow or San Bernardino - some place equidistant to LA and Las Vegas so I could take day or weekend trips to either city. But living in NorCal for the past 20 years, I am duty bound to rag on anything further south than San Luis Obispo. :p

Ironically enough I don't think even one mention of San Diego is made. Ah well. The song kicks ass.

Truth be told, this state could be 4-5 states with the way attitudes are everywhere. I would combine LA and SD to make So-Cal, central valley could be split up almost twice, and Nor-cal could be split up as the bay area and "Jefferson" which includes like Yreka.

But the fact that we're right now this one massive state and it takes 13 hours to drive from my end to the end of the state I think sort-of empowers us. The fact that we can all have our attitudes and beliefs and yet still be one. That's California right there.

Oh and for the record, I would love to live in a lot of parts in LA. If I applied myself and really did well in school I would have loved to have studied in Caltech. I love Pasadena and north LA. Malibu, Calabasas, and Huntington are great places too. Ironically enough Beverly Hills never did anything for me, I think they were repairing the roads when we visited there and I was like "THIS is where the rich celebs live? Pah!"

Even though I rag on it, I MISSSS, and I mean really MISS norcal. It was my home for 4 years goddamnit and I know my way around. It meant freedom, it meant being able to think freely, it meant dicking around without consequences. I always have left my heart in SF and Berkeley. That place is magical man.

That place is magical man.

What you need to do is take a weekend off, swing by my place, and we'll go munch on some shrooms at the beach. :D Magic, right there!

What you need to do is take a weekend off, swing by my place, and we'll go munch on some shrooms at the beach. :D Magic, right there!

It's a date.

Edit: Btw, for reference, I do look like the dude in my avvy.

Last edited:
Crappy day at work. I hate being the youngest person there because I was given the name "Junior" and this one guy I swear has ADHD keeps trying to one up me with everything and always asks me what I'm doing and his response is always "stay down stairs"(my desk is upstairs), he also makes all these stupid noises with his mouth like he's 6 years old, he's 38. One of these days I'm going to say to him "Fuck off you're not my mother, quit acting like her".

He's only been working here for a month and I'm already irritated with him.