Random Thoughts....

We had the middle school kids come in to the physics department for the demos. I am so fucking tired from just talking about my demo for 3 hours long.

I did mine on sound waves and I had 4 different stations for them to play around in and mess around.

What I gotta say is, the kids were super receptive and I absolutely loved that. Apart from one group of girls that was like totally apathetic and was like "wtf, i dont wanna be here right now, I wanna be at home sleeping". The one blondie girl in the group that never did anything was like so apprehensive about touching the stuff and playing around with the oscilloscope. I was thinkin like "bitch you dead when it comes to high school".

But it was awesome to see kids totally getting into science, I always love that. I used to teach elementary school kids astronomy in inner city schools in Oakland. Fortunately astronomy is one of those topics that all kids can get into and they all LOVED it. This totally took me back, and it's very rewarding to see that smile in their face or their inquisitive nature come out. Brilliant.

Oh and we had liquid nitrogen ice cream at the end. Fuck yeah.

Pah! American imperialists twisting the truth again. Every good DPRK citizen knows that Dear Leader Kim Jong-Il actually invented fried chicken in the first place, just like he invented the hamburger. He has decided in his wisdom that it is finally time to share his gift with his beloved country.

Anyways, the sponsored links on my Last.FM profile include "albinos in Tanzania" and "UK Christian dating" o_O

What I gotta say is, the kids were super receptive and I absolutely loved that.
But it was awesome to see kids totally getting into science, I always love that.
I agree. And I hate kids. But whether it's music, science, languages, whatever it is, if you can get them by how fun and interesting it is then they'll not only learn a lot more, they'll enjoy learning. Give a kid a kids recorders, or sit them in front of some dreary old git who just talks at them, and they'll hate the subject and come to hate learning. Give them drums, or a teacher they can really interact with and some experiments to do, and they're yours to do with what you will. (That sounds bad, doesn't it? :D)

I agree. And I hate kids. But whether it's music, science, languages, whatever it is, if you can get them by how fun and interesting it is then they'll not only learn a lot more, they'll enjoy learning. Give a kid a kids recorders, or sit them in front of some dreary old git who just talks at them, and they'll hate the subject and come to hate learning. Give them drums, or a teacher they can really interact with and some experiments to do, and they're yours to do with what you will. (That sounds bad, doesn't it? :D)

Exactly. And as we were doing the demos I was secretly yearning for someone to have shown me this when I was a kid. I would have been so much more interested in physics. I had resisted to squeal and go ooooh aaaaah when my mentor showcased the Jacob's ladder.

Wait... Kim Jong-Il is my trainer?

O_O

Gotta oppress 'em all. Gotta opress 'em all! Kim-Jong-Il!

Last edited:
"NASA: strapping people to the end of a metal tube and jamming it through the sky with fire and math." Well, at least that was what they did.

Just something cool I read today.

Handicapped? Quite aside from the fact that the word went pretty much out of use years ago, isn't that some kind of tricycle rather than a wheelchair?
It's both. The guy has no legs (as visible in the second picture if you look closely) and the tricycle is the "sporty" version of a wheelchair: You got the "pedals" in front of you and operate them with your hands instead of feet.

My sister had her baby today; the little guy must have heard about the heat wave next week.

I'm actually typing this before I head out to the hospital to see what side of the family has the more dominant genes.

It's both. The guy has no legs (as visible in the second picture if you look closely) and the tricycle is the "sporty" version of a wheelchair: You got the "pedals" in front of you and operate them with your hands instead of feet.

But I see at least one full leg capped with a foot... do you know who that person is or are you just making assumptions? I know I'm just making assumptions.

We had the rods inside of a huge tube, and you could blow the air on the top, causing the electric pulses to be forced down, unable to rise.

God if you motherfuckers look into this as innuendo, I am so gonna piss myself.

Don't worry,(put on sun glasses)

.....................they will blow it.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

Reactions: LP