Random Thoughts....

As long as people don't start thinking of space exploration as a global matter by nature but keep insisting on petty nation-state rivlaries, humankind will never get anywhere.

Maybe we really need a common enemy to unite us.

You do realise the Klingons were analogous to Soviet Russia right?

Bill Hicks had it right.....

You know all that money we spend on the military ever year - trillions of dollars? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race. FOREVER.

You do realise the Klingons were analogous to Soviet Russia right?
I consciously opted against wording the link "Maybe we need space commies to unite us" because TOS movie and TNG era Klingons evolved quite a lot from that concept.

Still wouldn't want to meet an angry Worf! ;)

Bill Hicks had it right.....

Funny thing about that; no matter how much money governments dump into feeding and clothing the poor, it never seems to have much of an effect. (Check history - especially how 'well' aid to Africa has gone.) You still have hungry and ragged people, no matter what.

Last edited:
I think I came up with my very own malapropism yesterday. A tech was describing a sound only a customer could hear, and that we keep replacing a part that is not defective. I said "I guess they can only hear this invisible noise."

INVISIBLE NOISE.

:unsure:

Reactions: LP
^ You just blew my mind Jay.

Big boobs emily is back in the lab. Her mother is too.

Now we see where the big boobs came from :wicked:.

Wait what.

Last edited:
I just realized that plastic dinosaur toys are made of real dinosaurs.

[German IceBone]
Oil is not made of dinosaurs.
[/German IceBone]

Dick Tracey? Suit has to be yellow.

Hey, most of us here would like to do Daniel Craig. :wub:

I said that out loud, didn't I?

Funny thing about that; no matter how much money governments dump into feeding and clothing the poor, it never seems to have much of an effect. (Check history - especially how 'well' aid to Africa has gone.) You still have hungry and ragged people, no matter what.

Yeah, I know. Still sucks though. From what I know, most of the money we all give to "feeding the poor" goes to either administration costs, or gets pocketed by the people in charge who just don't give a shit.

I just realized that plastic dinosaur toys are made of real dinosaurs.

WIN!

Also:

All hail Willis Carrier!. You sir, are my hero this week.....

Last edited:
Last edited:
I can't think of many good ways to end a long shitty day than with some excellent mexican food and a half dozen beers.

Pricing replacement parts for my grandfathers' watch. New automatic rotor and axle assembly, new barrel and arbor, new ratchet wheel and a new mainspring will run about $614, and those are grey market prices. I also need a new escape wheel, but I haven't found one of those yet. Stupid Rolex parts.

Why the fuck is Youtube so shit at buffering? You'd think Google would work a little harder on whatever code they use to start the video when the video is buffered at whatever percent when it is buffering at whatever percent. Instead they dick around with the layout and annoy people by breaking basic features all the time.