Random Thoughts....

Last edited:
Anyone who has ever tried to teach me to dance should realise it is a lost cause by now. It doesn't seem to stop them trying, however! Also, if you're bored enough during class breaks to try and teach me and a couple of other completely clueless people to dance you probably need a life. :lol:

I always heard the Matrix "ripped off" GitS, but after watching GitS I really don't know what you're all on about. Besides plugs in the back of the neck, they're nothing alike.

:eek: I noticed the GitS influences, and that it wasn't a complete rip-off, but I never knew someone had written an actual scientific paper on the exact subject D:
The "Brain in a vat" (it's just a brain in a vat, not body-and-brain in a vat like in the Matrix case) thought experiment is a modern classic of philosophy. There are literally hundreds of papers regarding it - the one I linked was an introductionary essay in a philosophical encyclopedia.

I always heard the Matrix "ripped off" GitS, but after watching GitS I really don't know what you're all on about. Besides plugs in the back of the neck, they're nothing alike.
The "ripping off" part is typical fanboy moron speech. What is true is that the Wachkowski (sp?) brothers consciously used GitS as an influence. They even showed the GitS movie to Warner Brother's execs to illustrate the look they want to achieve when pitching The Matrix.

Last edited:
The "ripping off" part is typical fanboy moron speech. What is true is that the Wachkowski (sp?) brothers consciously used GitS as an influence. They even showed the GitS movie to Warner Brother's execs to illustrate the look they want to achieve when pitching The Matrix.

Thats actually very true. The Wachowski brothers always said that GitS was a inspiration and influence. The true problem would have been if they had said that the entire concept was theirs alone. While the two have basic concepts, the human brain and plugging it into a computer. They are both incredibly different in terms of story.
The only problem i had with the Matrix was with the final film. 1st was awesome, 2nd even better. the 3rd just made me walk out of the cinema saying "WTF?" repeatedly. not that i didn't understand it. just that the ending had been so badly written.

Thats actually very true. The Wachowski brothers always said that GitS was a inspiration and influence. The true problem would have been if they had said that the entire concept was theirs alone. While the two have basic concepts, the human brain and plugging it into a computer. They are both incredibly different in terms of story.
The only problem i had with the Matrix was with the final film. 1st was awesome, 2nd even better. the 3rd just made me walk out of the cinema saying "WTF?" repeatedly. not that i didn't understand it. just that the ending had been so badly written.

All of which is mentioned in the Animatrix prequel. And as for the movies, I find the first to be the best, the second to have the most epic fights and effects but somewhat lacking in "realism". The third film I try not to think about too much...

Wow trying to ruin me groove today.

So that would mean am a typical fanboy moron eh? Delightful.

Don't mind me I've been in a terrible mood all day.

I only saw the first one once, it scared me silly and I refuse to view it again.

So that would mean am a typical fanboy moron eh? Delightful.

Don't mind me I've been in a terrible mood all day.
It does not make you a moron, it just says your choice of words on this occasion was moronic ;)

What the hell, why do people still this?

This explains it methinks.

It doesn't take much to convince somebody who is already unstable that something is a good idea, the amount of coverage the Norway shooter has been given showing him as a "poor, disturbed individual" merely makes it seem like a better idea.

Just my 'umble opinion o'course...

Just bought my most expensive tank of petrol yet :cry: 84?/$120 for my small Eurotank :cry: matched the Eurocycle figures on the tank average though :clap:

Last edited: