Random Thoughts....

Yes but we are not all dead so makes you think. The EU countries - France I am looking at you - just buried the infected beef and did nothing about it - cost us scary amounts of dosh at the time. The euros do not think we know about it but we do.

Erm...so they buried it...meaning it could very well be in the water system? yes, i figure that our dead bodies that decay and end up leaching into the water do the same thing (caskets can't last forever, wooden ones anyway) but still..odd

Erm...so they buried it...meaning it could very well be in the water system? yes, i figure that our dead bodies that decay and end up leaching into the water do the same thing (caskets can't last forever, wooden ones anyway) but still..odd

France does other weird crap with their food, too. If they have a surplus of wine or other liquid food crop that could potentially drive down prices, they sometimes load it on tankers and ship it out into the middle of the ocean to do pointless laps for a while.

What's really bad about the French burying BSE infected cows is that, IIRC, nobody's really sure how long the organism (we're not even sure what the hell causes it!) can survive without a host... so if someone accidentally disturbs the burial site...

Last edited:
Blergh...I had to be eating when reading this. :p

What the British consider 'good British food' is f**king scary. Not to mention often inedible. :p :mrgreen:

Actually, you can still legally do beef in the UK though apparently they don't. They just can't include the spinal column. All the other parts of the cow are fair game.

http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/faq/93439/

Should I ever return to the UK, remind me not to eat a beefburger, mince, or meat pie just on general principles.

Though if you want to see something nasty, look in the ingredients for McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. One of the ingredients: isobutane. AKA cigarette lighter and camp stove fuel.

Yeah, I don't eat at McDonalds any more.
Not calling you a liar, but would love a source for that. Can't find it in McDonald's own ingredient lists.

What? I was eating when I typed the above. :p Still am, actually. Mmmm, beef.

Was making a joke. I'm not bothered and I'm eating Jack in the Box :p

Not calling you a liar, but would love a source for that. Can't find it in McDonald's own ingredient lists.

It's listed as tertiary butylhydroquinone; one of the main ingredients of which is isobutane.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/25/a-tale-of-2-nuggets/?hpt=Sbin/

The antifoaming agent they use sounds threatening and the article mentions that it's also used in Silly Putty for shock value but it's actually quite harmless as best we can tell.

As for the butane... sure, it's a tiny fraction of a percent of the whole thing. But I don't want any lighter fuel in my food, thank you very much.

Last edited:
It's listed as tertiary butylhydroquinone; one of the main ingredients of which is isobutane.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/25/a-tale-of-2-nuggets/?hpt=Sbin/

The antifoaming agent they use sounds threatening and the article mentions that it's also used in Silly Putty for shock value but it's actually quite harmless as best we can tell.
Judging from McDonalds own ingredient lists, tBHQ shows up in a lot of the items. Going to continue not eating at McDonalds.

Judging from McDonalds own ingredient lists, tBHQ shows up in a lot of the items. Going to continue not eating at McDonalds.

Hence:
Yeah, I don't eat at McDonalds any more.

I found that out years ago and I decided that I'd go elsewhere when at all possible.

Cheap stuff - food and drink, usually has stupid ingredients in it.

Actually McDonalds is particularly egregious, most of their competition doesn't use that crap.

Last edited:
From what I can find, the tBHQ is probably used in the cooking oil to prevent autopolymerisation. It's also a pretty common use for it, so chances are the stuff you use at home has it too. In the EU it's listed as E319.

A new low in frozen food.

a6cd09b4-f378-801e.jpg

a6cd09b4-f395-de12.jpg

hahaha, I took an exact photo of that when I was in Texas a few months ago

From what I can find, the tBHQ is probably used in the cooking oil to prevent autopolymerisation. It's also a pretty common use for it, so chances are the stuff you use at home has it too. In the EU it's listed as E319.

The corn oil I use at home has the following ingredients: "Corn oil."

It doesn't contain tBHQ. It's the cheap stuff, too.

The corn oil I use at home has the following ingredients: "Corn oil."

It doesn't contain tBHQ. It's the cheap stuff, too.

Yeah, if it's just oil it generally doesn't contain additives, it's the processed crap like "I can't believe it's not butter" and the like that will contain this kind of stuff. Which is why I only use rice bran oil and clarified butter in my kitchen.

You mean the "I Can't Believe They Try To Pass This Chemical Cocktail Off As Food" crap? :p

I like the frozen pizza's that they sell at some deli's.

The thin crust Large as hell (Like OH DAm, How do i get it in the stove?) Type. With just cheese on them and i add chorizo.
:p

Yeah, if it's just oil it generally doesn't contain additives, it's the processed crap like "I can't believe it's not butter" and the like that will contain this kind of stuff. Which is why I only use rice bran oil and clarified butter in my kitchen.

That reminds me of this stuff, which is being flogged as a 'healthy' alternative to oil:
61146011_H.jpg

We have some at home, I'll check the ingredients later.