Random Thoughts....

*Fuckload is an actual unit of measurement... :p

This is true. We use it often in science. In orders of 10, it goes tons, buttloads, shittons, fuckloads, and "wtf are you doing".

I used to have a diet... consisted of skipping breakfast, a battered cheese burger covered in tomato sauce in a buttered roll and a 1 litre bottle of Lucozade orange for lunch, numerous packets of mints and bottles of IrnBru/cherry cola throughout the afternoon and then either pizza or burger and chip butties for tea...

I sometimes wonder how many years I've knocked off my lifespan by eating like that... :lol:

This is true. We use it often in science. In orders of 10, it goes tons, buttloads, shittons, fuckloads, and "wtf are you doing".

There are of course intermediary prefixes such as asstons, metric asstons, fucktons, shitloads, and mamma mia isa huge-a

Woo, in 11 hours I leave with some friends to go on a skiing holiday :D

All great, except I seem to have caught a cold last night and now I feel like death. Just my luck. And I leave at midnight so I get to enjoy a lack of sleep with my illness. Oh well, not going to let that ruin it, I'll leave that up to crashing into a tree while struggling with my unco-ordination. Still excited, though.

The Tested podcast mentioned Extreme Couponing, the best/worst show ever made.

Haha yeah, for a while there I watched it. It's impressive how much they save even if they can be demanding douches sometimes at checkout.

It's ok for me to say this now that I don't work retail! :D

Meh. Can't sleep again. :(

There are of course intermediary prefixes such as asstons, metric asstons, fucktons, shitloads, and mamma mia isa huge-a

You forgot yo mamma! :p

So yeah, the Palace Hotel in Broken Hill is a total dive. I dont have particularly high tastes, but that was below even my standards. The TV was from the 70s and didn't work. Instant dealbreaker :p. There were a few other small issues such as communal toilets, no internet, no microwave or any sort of kitchen facility, and no coffee.

I'm now in some low budget hostel thing. Admittedly it's probably worse than The Palace but it does have free wifi which I'm abusing mercilessly. Also has free coffee. Also being abused :p

Heh, The Palace was the famous one from Priscilla, wasn't it? Heh, maybe they wanted to keep the experience period-correct?

So yeah, the Palace Hotel in Broken Hill is a total dive. I dont have particularly high tastes, but that was below even my standards. The TV was from the 70s and didn't work. Instant dealbreaker :p. There were a few other small issues such as communal toilets, no internet, no microwave or any sort of kitchen facility, and no coffee.

I'm now in some low budget hostel thing. Admittedly it's probably worse than The Palace but it does have free wifi which I'm abusing mercilessly. Also has free coffee. Also being abused :p

I think Broken hill is growing on me :p

Like I have explained to MWF previously, Brokeback mountain is a myth, a Hollywood urban legend, everybody knows someone who claims he knows someone who has seen it, there are wikiarticles and reviews on it, while in reality it was all an elaborate hoax and no such movie was ever shot.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :p

Reactions: Jay
Broken Hill isn't that bad... there are far crappier and harsher places in Australia where you could end up

Anyone else buy a touchpad for $99 lol

About to embark on my cross-country trip to LA in a few minutes. First stop, Philadelphia! I'll create a thread at some point.

What a tragedy at Pukkelpop, first one of the best performances I've seen (Modestep), 30 degrees, everyone enjoying themselves and the next thing you know there's water and mud upto your knees, stages are demolished, trees unrooted, tents flying everywhere, structures coming down, chaos, panic.

My girlfriend and I got very lucky because we were standing where large pieces of debris hit moments after we got the hell out.

glad to hear you're ok. i wasn't there this year, but i've went several times, and it really hit me. i also knew a few people that were there, but luckily they're all fine. yesterday i got goosebumps every time i heard a eye witness report, and what a shame it's again pukkelpop that is hit. last year the suicide of the singer of ou est le swimmingpool, now this.

the organisers also received a lot of flack because the aftermath was so chaotic, but what could they do? no one predicted or was prepared for such a thunderstorm (i don't think i ever witnessed such a stom in belgium), and since the mobile network went down, communication was almost impossible.

right after the storm, local people set up help and started coordinating everything over twitter, as that was the only social media that was working fine. many also set open their wifi so visitors could send a mail or sth home to inform they are allright.

here is a vid filmed at the campsite. this was at 6 in the evening, no where near dark, yet it looks like it's the middle of the night!
at the end just click on related videos to get a grasp of what happened at the festivasite itself, it must've been hell!

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/climate-weather/stories/pukkelpop-festival-storm-leaves-5-dead

Last edited:
I'm from around there, pukkelpop is one of those things that the whole community gets behind, everybody under 40 is either there, or knows lots of people that are, my regular pup is usualy empty the pukkelpop weekend....last night it was full, but not cheery, no laughs were had, everybody was exchanging horror stories and morning the loss, not only the people that have died, but probably the whole event aswell.

General consesus was that if it does survive, it will most certainly be on a different location, smaller and under another name....remember most people there were impressionable young kids, some away to a festival for the first time in their lives, and they come back with images of peoples arms beeing cut off, people running in panic trampling eachother like cattle, and a night of soaking wet cold while getting home barefoot losing everything they had brought......nobody in that generation wants to go back to that field after this.

here is a vid filmed at the campsite. this was at 6 in the evening, no where near dark, yet it looks like it's the middle of the night!

Where I live we get about 5-10 of those severe thunderstorms during the summer; it is something you never get used to, and always in the back of your mind you wonder if a tornado is hiding in them.

In Indiana several people died when a stage collapsed a few days before Pukkelpop.

Last edited: