Random Thoughts....

:unsure:

So how about that <insert sports team> who <won or lost>?

Did you see the size of that dudes....er....batting record?

Phew...saved.

Reactions: Jay
Just got back from Paint ball for the first time, with a few welts and bruises. Feels like your getting punched hard when you get hit. It was in the rain which made it more fun in my opinion. The only thing wrong was that the masks were all really fogged up and the guns weren't very accurate.
However, it may sound silly but you can really get a basic or 'watered down' feel of what it would be like in an actual war. Bullets flying over your head, the sounds, the mud, it's great. And even though we were only playing paint ball the whole team came together and was really friendly and supportive and you got a real sense of mate ship. However I know it would be no where near as much as in an actual war.

So yea, just thought I'd post that in the random section.

Last edited:
Just got back from Paint ball for the first time, with a few welts and bruises. Feels like your getting punched hard when you get hit. It was in the rain which made it more fun in my opinion. The only thing wrong was that the masks were all really fogged up and the guns weren't very accurate.
However, it may sound silly but you can really get a basic or 'watered down' feel of what it would be like in an actual war. Bullets flying over your head, the sounds, the mud, it's great. And even though we were only playing paint ball the whole team came together and was really friendly and supportive and you got a real sense of mate ship. However I know it would be no where near as much as in an actual war.

So yea, just thought I'd post that in the random section.

:lol: I totally get it. We went paintballing last Sunday and that was my first time as well. I got shot in the torso on the first course, and more on the arm and stomach later on. Some dude actually shot me right in the jaw as I was walking out from being out in the 2nd round. It fuckin stung like a bitch and the entire inside of my mask was green :lol:.

I didn't really get a feeling of being punched, probably because I've been punched super hard in the stomach before and it wasn't pleasant. But I agree with you on the mask. We had cleaning solutions and tissue paper to use before each session (when reloading and refilling with air), but the mask was still foggy. I felt the same way with accuracy, it took at least 5 shots to get it to go dead center... although I did shoot my friend's girlfriend twice without issue.

It was totally like war, people calling out shit like "flank left", "Harish you got one guy down right by the spool, 2 tangos on the left". It was like a mock call of duty. So much fun when you got experienced players.

Really wanna go airsofting as well, need to buy weapons for that though. Anyone got any good sites for that?

Also, my rep is now OVER 9000!!!!!!

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2011/08/27/393675_1270329908406_375_300_1_.jpg

Seeing as mythbusters was just mentioned in the aviation thread: Fuck the build team. They do the stupidest "myths" they can come up with, they rarely ever deserve half an episode devoted to them, they're usually finished the myth right away and then go "herp derp, need to fill in twenty more minutes" and they just start looking for any excuse to make a robot to light it on fire while shooting it with a .50 cal and then disintegrate it with a hundred pounds of explosives. They're so formulaic too, start off with the blueprint discussion that they film after they're done the myth, do pointless smallscale, go out to Al Ameda and break things, pretend they didn't see it coming and have to go back to the shop, continue the large scale stuff that they already planned for, get the result they knew they would get and fill in time with explosions and guns. At some point Kari arts up that which they will destroy, Grant repurposes a robot, Tory injures himself and is relied on for strength and marksmanship, and at least once they'll do a contrived bit where they walk us through a setup and trade off on lines.

Meanwhile Adam and Jamie are still badasses and take on interesting myths that don't always involve explosives/guns/rockets and build complicated stuff like it's nothing.

Seeing as mythbusters was just mentioned in the aviation thread: rant

<-- Is watching mythbusters right now, and yes.

I've been thinking about random stuff lately, like back in 8th grade some stupid 7th grader, saying this because he really was stupid not because of that whole everyone in a grade lower than me is stupid, was trying to insult me. He mentions right off the bat something along the lines of "Your stupid button nose" which I find funny because he had this long pencil nose so I tell him "I hear more girls commenting on cute button noses than ugly pencil noses," flies right over his head.

Seeing as mythbusters was just mentioned in the aviation thread: Fuck the build team. They do the stupidest "myths" they can come up with, they rarely ever deserve half an episode devoted to them, they're usually finished the myth right away and then go "herp derp, need to fill in twenty more minutes" and they just start looking for any excuse to make a robot to light it on fire while shooting it with a .50 cal and then disintegrate it with a hundred pounds of explosives. They're so formulaic too, start off with the blueprint discussion that they film after they're done the myth, do pointless smallscale, go out to Al Ameda and break things, pretend they didn't see it coming and have to go back to the shop, continue the large scale stuff that they already planned for, get the result they knew they would get and fill in time with explosions and guns. At some point Kari arts up that which they will destroy, Grant repurposes a robot, Tory injures himself and is relied on for strength and marksmanship, and at least once they'll do a contrived bit where they walk us through a setup and trade off on lines.

Meanwhile Adam and Jamie are still badasses and take on interesting myths that don't always involve explosives/guns/rockets and build complicated stuff like it's nothing.

<-- Is watching mythbusters right now, and yes.

Speaking of:

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-fall-season-sneak-peek.html

Ooooh, that's a really good trailer. I love well cut trailers, especially since most... aren't.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease more stories

Once upon a time, there was a person in a place and they were not happy, but then they met somebody, and then lost them but went to find them and had a bit of an adventure before they had a big fight angainst a bad person that also pretended to be good.

Stop me if you have heard this one,.......

:D

Despite everything that has happened in my life the past six months, life is still beautiful. The sun will always warm my face, flowers will still bloom with their bright gay colors, birds will still sing their happy songs to the wind and trees.

^ That's the spirit! :clap: :cheers:

Last edited:
Despite everything that has happened in my life the past six months, life is still beautiful. The sun will always warm my face, flowers will still bloom with their bright gay colors, birds will still sing their happy songs to the wind and trees.

Unless, you know, there is world ending cataclysm that kills all the birds and burns all the flowers to a grisp.....

What? I AM beeing positive! I never said it's going to happen this week did I?

Welcome back Jay

So I was putting my bathroom back together after giving it a good clean and I found my old digital weight scale that I kept forgetting about. So I stood on it and had myself a good scream.

I decided to stop making excuses about my metabolism being shot and get serious and start counting calories, to see how much damage I was really doing. It was a bit of a shock. About half the calories I was taking in were from fluids. It's Arizona and it's bloody hot, dry or humid, it still takes a lot out of you and you need to stay hydrated. I do drink a lot of water, but it's boring. I like stuff with some sort of flavor to it, what can I say. And it's hard to resist some ice cold beers.

But anyway, I looked into things and made some cuts to what I was eating and a lot of cuts to what I was drinking. It's been almost 2 weeks now and I've lost 9 lbs. Can't argue with that, right?

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease more stories
As you wish. Here's a snippet of a part of something from about 20 years ago.

The First Book Of I
According To Duncan, Prophet Of I

Hear ye, hear ye.

Listen now to my words, for the words uttered by me, Duncan the Incredibly Verbose, are truly and eternally the Words of I, The End All-Be All, The Epsilon and The Lambda, He Who Will Give A Friend His Last Cigarette. Truly and with just cause is I called He Who Is Not Mediocre, He Who Knows Many Good Practical Jokes, and He Who Is Really A Neat-o Kind Of Guy.

Let it now be known by all those who read these pages that I is the Creator of All That Is, and even A Few Things That Aren't. This then is the Tale of the Creation of All, and the telling of this Tale shall be told by me, the Teller of the Tale, and the name of the Teller of the Tale is the same name as the one on my birth certificate, for the Teller and myself are truly one and the same, and the name borne by the Teller and myself, who are the same person is Duncan the Informed, He Who Knows Many Things Nobody Really Cares About. And thusly does this Tale begin:

A long time ago, Once upon a time, there was I, and Not Much Else. Let none who read this statement take it to insinuate that I is Not Much, for I is truly Very Much, but beyond the Muchness of I, the Universe had Not Much to offer.

It was therefore at this time that I, looking out upon that which was all around Him, of which there was (as I have already stated) Not Much, discovered that there were no good television shows. At this time, the Time of the Great Awakening, I created a Word, that He could more aptly describe His feelings at all the raging cocktail parties He went to.

And the Word was Boredom.

Thus, for a while, I was rather pleased with Himself. But, like an ice cream cone on a sunny day, I's pleasure melted into a puddle of gooey liquid that tasted vaguely of tooti-frooti. Thusly and so did I seek to remedy His situation.

For many long years did I ponder His scenario, all the while falling ever deeper into the Abyss called Boredom. Finally, He struck upon the Answer He had sought for so long.

He would create Something.

"But what should I create?", He asked of Himself, since He had nobody else to talk with. "I know, I will create servants that I may have companions to talk to, and order to do My laundry!" And so I set about creating His servants.

The first of these was named Ergramishil, which means 'My First Attempt To Create A Viable Servant To Talk To And Order To Do My Laundry'. But, unfortunately, Ergramishil was utterly incompetent, and always lost one out of each pair of I's socks. I contemplated wiping Ergramishil off the Face of the Universe, but later kept him, as his head made a very effective ashtray.

With practice, however, I soon improved, and the calibre of His servants increased. But, once again, I grew bored with His servants, who all turned out to be rather predictable. So I once again sought out something to keep Himself from slipping into the Great Abyss of Boredom.

Once more did I seek for the Answer to His plight, and now the search went on a scale far beyond that search which did precede this, and it became known as the Second Search of I For Something To Do. For many long weeks did I search, never to find t he solution to His quandary. Yet luck was on His side, and this proved fortunate, for I, not knowing what this thing on His side was, went to the store to find a lotion He could use to remove it. While there, He discovered the Final Solution to His Search.

Revell's Model Universe.

"Let it now be known throughout all the Halls of Existence," I cried out joyously, "that I has found what He has been looking for!!!" Then did I proceed to dance a mighty polka. But, alas, before He could purchase the kit, the manager kicked Him out for causing too much noise in his store. "Now that I knowest what it is that I seek, I shall never cease Mine Search For Another Store That Sells The Revell Model Universe," I declared. And many were the passers-by who did look at Him strangely.

Now that He knew what He sought, I did on that day begin to look through the Yellow Pages for model shops. But His search did largely result in failure, for most of the shops did prove to be out of the kit that I did seek, for it was indeed quite popular. Yet I never gave up searching, much like the pit bull who, failing to realize that he shall soon be killed, refuses to let go of the mailman's tuckus.

Yet luck continued to ride on I's side, for He had indeed forgotten to purchase the lotion in His excitement, and I did find the kit He desired so much.

Thus it was that on that day that I did begin His greatest attempt to relieve His Boredom. With the mighty force of His hands did I tear apart the layer of cellophane separating Him from the treasures contained within the brightly decorated box. With His soul soaring with transcendental euphoria, I removed the top to gaze lustily at the treasures contained therein. With bated breath, I slowly opened His eyes to feast upon the beauty of His salvation. "Batteries Not Included."

"Batteries?", I asked of nobody in particular (which was good, for there was nobody in particular there for Him to ask, and He might very well have waited until the cows came home for an
answer). And upon searching through the entire kit, I did come to the realization that batteries were indeed needed to get the whole kit to truly function. And upon coming to this realization, I did let loose a with mighty cry, for He had indeed spent His entire week's allowance in purchasing the kit.

Thus it was that I, Mightiest of the Mighty, was brought low. So low was He brought, He did sneeze many a time from the dust that was constantly being shoved into His awesome nose. Then, being desperate beyond all hopes of description (even by one as long-winded as myself), I did go out onto the streets to beg money. Yet He gained no money in this manner, for the people I did beg from did indeed refuse to give even a penny to this seemingly lowly creature that did ask for money for batteries.

Thus it was that I's Mother did take pity on Her Son, and advanced him the $3.95 (plus tax) He needed to purchase the batteries He needed. Upon receiving this gift I's soul did soar once more as it had before, and I promised unto His Mother that He would put Her into a very nice nursing home when She became a senile old battle axe.

Thus it was that I finally began assembling the Universe on that very day.

Thus Ends The First Book Of I
Boom-chaka-laka-laka-Boom

I didn't write this or the larger work it's from, but I did write one of the sequels. There is more, a LOT more, if you are interested. :D

What? You did ask for more stories. :p

Last edited:
So I was putting my bathroom back together after giving it a good clean and I found my old digital weight scale that I kept forgetting about. So I stood on it and had myself a good scream.

I decided to stop making excuses about my metabolism being shot and get serious and start counting calories, to see how much damage I was really doing. It was a bit of a shock. About half the calories I was taking in were from fluids. It's Arizona and it's bloody hot, dry or humid, it still takes a lot out of you and you need to stay hydrated. I do drink a lot of water, but it's boring. I like stuff with some sort of flavor to it, what can I say. And it's hard to resist some ice cold beers.

But anyway, I looked into things and made some cuts to what I was eating and a lot of cuts to what I was drinking. It's been almost 2 weeks now and I've lost 9 lbs. Can't argue with that, right?
I try to drink flavored sparkling water which has the same lack of everything but hydration water does instead of soda.
Normal water tastes like wet dog :(