Nothing to see here, move along people!
DONOR
:hug: oh sweetie, so sorry for your loss

Thoughts are with you

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
Sorry to hear. Dont worry too much about keeping a stiff upper lip and all that, you are allowed to let your emotions out and it can feel a lot better after.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Sorry to hear your news gaasc. Doesn't hurt to let the feelings out, whatever they are.

Jay

the fool on the hill
Gathering thoughts now as you can see, trying to keep a stiff upper lip is becoming a bit difficult. messages are elcome
Though people pass throughout your life, it is the memories that will always be with you.

PaperBiro

Car(s)
a Veloster
My condolences, gaasc. :hug: Like everyone else has said, you'll feel better if you let it all out.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
All the best gaasc - maybe you can find comfort in the fact that at over 100 years of age, she had a long (and hopefully fulfilled) life...

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
Gaasc
My condolences, I am sorry for your loss.

Now, be the very best person you can be; so that lady would be so proud of you, and her efforts to help bring you up properly have met with reward for her up there.

Reactions: MWF

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Though people pass throughout your life, it is the memories that will always be with you.
That sums up nicely.
Hang in there and don?t despair.

Last edited:

Kiki

Registered Bone Marrow
DONOR
Car(s)
'13 Ford Taurus, '11 Ducati M696, '15 Yamaha R3
gaasc, I'm very to sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
When you have an elderly person living at home, you know that their day is sooner rather than later. I suppose however that nothing can actually prepare you for when the day actually comes.

The stroke was too much for her. A CT scan showed her brain lying in a pool of blood, or so I'm told

I hate funerals, I always stand there looking like an idiot, hoping my rubber face doesn't betray me.

It seems I'm the only one keeping a level head right now, reckon the penny hasn't quite dropped yet.

Apologies if I seem a bit dramatic for a couple of days, it's just that one of the most important persons of my life has passed on The woman that made me hate coffee,took care of my as both of my parents worked, the list goes on.I never even got to say goodbye.

Gathering thoughts now as you can see, trying to keep a stiff upper lip is becoming a bit difficult. messages are elcome
My deepest condolences. If there's anything we can do, please let us know.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
So sorry to hear it, gaasc. my condolences to you and your family. You may not have that "penny drop" moment, at least I didn't. Just don't feel guilty either way, you've clearly shown what she meant to you.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Seat Leon
My deepest condolences. If there's anything we can do, please let us know.
nothing more to add.
i am happy to be part of a community as caring as this and will try to contribute as good as i can if you need anything.
all the best gaasc :hug:

Last edited:

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
nitpicking time! ;D

why does the film industry have such a difficult time making prop rocks (or fake rocks) look real?
Movies that have budgets over 150 million rarely do it right.
Because they feel like they can't use real ones somehow? :p IDK. I've never really noticed to be honest. :p

When you have an elderly person living at home, you know that their day is sooner rather than later. I suppose however that nothing can actually prepare you for when the day actually comes.

The stroke was too much for her. A CT scan showed her brain lying in a pool of blood, or so I'm told

I hate funerals, I always stand there looking like an idiot, hoping my rubber face doesn't betray me.

It seems I'm the only one keeping a level head right now, reckon the penny hasn't quite dropped yet.

Apologies if I seem a bit dramatic for a couple of days, it's just that one of the most important persons of my life has passed on The woman that made me hate coffee,took care of my as both of my parents worked, the list goes on.I never even got to say goodbye.

:comfort: I'm so sorry for your loss. By all means, take the time to let all your emotions out.

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
God I missed this forum. Lost power for two and a bit days and cable for three days. Just narrowly avoided insanity somehow. We lost 5 trees from the winds, our neighbor's huge 130 ft pine tree came down and took out a few more. My whole town was with out power.

NoNeedForAChestWig

There should be a rule that if you've been ill then once you are better again you can't be ill again for a few months after that :mad:

he-he

Car(s)
Lotus Elise SC; still misses motorbike :(
There should be a rule that if you've been ill then once you are better again you can't be ill again for a few months after that :mad:
There is. It's just that God/The Doctor/FSM/whoever is in charge plays by the 'rules are made to be broken' rule. Hope you're OK, Wig!

And gaasc, I'm very sorry for your loss. Grieve in whatever way feels right for you. :comfort:

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
My deepest condolences and sympathies Gaasc. It's extremely difficult to do this, I know, but focus on all the positives and happy moments you've had with her. Be strong, don't concern yourself about rubber faces, people will not dislike it if you talk about her positively. In fact they may appreciate positive thoughts and memories of her. If you ever need to let out, we are all here for you, PLEASE don't hesitate to PM me, I would be greatly happy to listen/read and help you along if I can.

Don't worry about that 'penny drop' moment. Trust me when I say that it will come when it comes and it's the greatest sense of relief and positive movement ever. But don't concern yourself about it, ride the wave and let it come when it comes. We will be here to provide you a virtual shoulder for that moment.