Random Thoughts....

It's been adjusted to a 4.5, and yes, I totally missed this one too. Just as I missed the 1992 one, slept through it like a baby.

exactly the same with me, although i was only 4 years old at the time. i remember being annoyed as hell that i'd missed that, it even made a bookcase fall over at our house...

I think I had one book fall over in that quake. I was 12 at the time and my brother slept in a ultra-rickety metal bunkbed-style bed (only top bunk, desk below) that squeaked like hell when he as much as breathed, I slept through that bed in a 5.8 quake, and my wife still wonders why I never hear our daughters during the night.

I think I had one book fall over in that quake. I was 12 at the time and my brother slept in a ultra-rickety metal bunkbed-style bed (only top bunk, desk below) that squeaked like hell when he as much as breathed, I slept through that bed in a 5.8 quake, and my wife still wonders why I never hear our daughters during the night.

i've had various people remark on my rather strong ability to ignore stuff while asleep...
at least us people get a proper nights sleep, while others are kept awake by the tiniest amount of noise :)

We stir our morning coffee with that here in Cali

i didn't even realise, so i guess i could've happily stirred coffee with that as well...

Last edited:
that's a Mazda 808, if you find one do buy it. They're fairly rare

:blink: Hats off to you, I knew it looked like a Mazda, would not of guessed that.

In other news, my workplace now has a Nissan Leaf. It is Versa (Tiida) sized, a bit wider and a bit longer. It looks weird, but it is nice inside of it, the seats are very comfortable.

We stir our morning coffee with that here in Cali

I know, but we don't get many here, and if it makes you feel better, only one of my friends field it, and he lives 10km from the epicentre.

that's a Mazda 808, if you find one do buy it. They're fairly rare

It's actually an RX-3. So much for all the abomination comments. ;)

Is that a "thing" in Germany for men to wear nun's maxi skirts?

Gave my number to a girl at work today. Partially because I would like to get to know her better, and partially to prove to a co-worker that it is not a matter of being confident or not, it is giving the impression of being confident.

Inside, I was terrified, like so terrified I wanted to run away terrified.

Reactions: MWF
I dont want to go to Germany anymore :(

Is that a "thing" in Germany for men to wear nun's maxi skirts?

The goth/EBM/industrial subculture is the fault of the British. For Goth, see: Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure.
For Industrial, see: Throbbing Gristle (New York City's Suicide played a key role as well, but...),
For EBM, see: Nitzer Ebb (there's Belgium's Front 242 as well, but...)

Of course, this does not explain the rather ridiculous popularity of these subcultures in former communist Germany. I think Leipzig is the only city in the world where Goth still is the mainstream youth culture.

EDIT: Some genre standards:

(these guys started as a band project at my school back in the nineties)

[video=youtube;qm3LaqO-lAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm3LaqO-lAA[/video]

And finally, cause it fits FinalGear

jesus built my car
it's a love affair
mainly jesus and my hot rod

Last edited:
Last time I visited my brother and his family (they live a little over an hr away), I borrowed my sister-in-law's Starbucks card and accidentally took it back home with me. I told her I would return it next time I visit, which is quite often. Her reply? "Could you just mail it to me? It actually saves me about $2 per week." They both make six-figure salaries. I am on a graduate student stipend, about $26k per year. She's more worried about her saving $2 per week than she is about me taking my time to buy a stamp and an envelope and sending the stupid card back to her. WTF.

lol, dancing. According to youtube those bros were performing all the permitted industrial dance moves, all five different moves or whatever. I do like me some electro-industrial though, even if it does get repetetive as fuck if you listen to it for more than an hour at a time.

Saw a bunch of iceheads (brotha, you gotta stop doing that ice, man, accept jesus bro, Dogg is totally not white trash, bro) staggering around while leaving school today (it's a couple blocks from the biggest mission in the city), and saw a cop bump some dicks through a red light on my way there this morning. Downtown, what a place.

Gave my number to a girl at work today. Partially because I would like to get to know her better, and partially to prove to a co-worker that it is not a matter of being confident or not, it is giving the impression of being confident.

Inside, I was terrified, like so terrified I wanted to run away terrified.

By taking action you now have leveled up in confidence, Jay has Earned 357 EXP, Confidence upgrade to LVL 3, also, now you're better at photocopying for some reason.

Knowing what I know of you from these forums I'd be surprised if she didn't get back in contact.

also this.

Last edited:
Something like that. She may be a bit young for me, I think she is 22, but if I get a few dates out of it and friendship, I'll be happy.

I know, but we don't get many here, and if it makes you feel better, only one of my friends field it, and he lives 10km from the epicentre.

Oh I'm sure it must have been exciting as heck. I remember my first quake... I thought the morbidly obese people living upstairs were having their cavemen-style sex.

In other news, we have a county-wide power outage. That means no computer, no internet, no tv, no microwave. I have no idea wtf is going on but if I don't make it... I love you all with mouth. Except MWF and altoid.

That's brilliant. One of the most ridiculous goth/punk songs ever to be commited on tape (it's a near-cover of The Cramps' Human Fly) used as a background for a collection of "artsy" photos of a goth person of unclear gender:

I just went into town to run some errands. Call me crazy for thinking it was too hot, but both me and my car were close to overheating. I suspect the overheating problem stems from something else with the car, though. :lol: