Random Thoughts....

And I just found Batman Forever...... erm.....

FinalGear, I need your advice quick. I want to talk to someone I know about something important, but the people I immediately associate with I feel aren't mature enough so I'm reaching into my extended circle of friends. Thing is though, how do I tell who I should talk to and who I shouldn't? I mean, I'm friends with these people, but not really that close.

No offence FinalGearians, it's just this time I don't feel like putting my problems up online.

Last edited:
FinalGear, I need your advice quick. I want to talk to someone I know about something important, but the people I immediately associate with I feel aren't mature enough so I'm reaching into my extended circle of friends. Thing is though, how do I tell who I should talk to and who I shouldn't? I mean, I'm friends with these people, but not really that close.
Dunno, sometimes you just have to rely on your gut-feeling and try to trust someone you feel like won?t abuse your trust. It?s not like there is a checklist for this kind of stuff with a garantee you won?t regret it afterwards.

It's not that I don't these trust people, it's just I don't know if I know them well enough that I can talk about things with them without them feeling awkward or like they're being overloaded by someone they don't know that well. I mean, we talk all the time but it's all been relatively light. I just don't want to dump my problems onto some poor unsuspecting individual and scare them away.

Last edited:
It's not that I don't trust people, it's just I don't know if I know them well enough that I can talk about things with them without them feeling awkward or like they're being overloaded by someone they don't know that well. I mean, we talk all the time but it's all been relatively light. I just don't want to dump my problems onto some poor unsuspecting individual and scare them away.
Just try it. Ask them beforehand "would you mind talking about something serious, I?ve got something on my mind I need someones opinion" ... and if they don?t decline ... try it.

No offence FinalGearians, it's just this time I don't feel like putting my problems up online.
Don't forget there are also things like Kidsline and Lifeline if you're not sure you can trust the other people you know

It's not that I don't these trust people, it's just I don't know if I know them well enough that I can talk about things with them without them feeling awkward or like they're being overloaded by someone they don't know that well. I mean, we talk all the time but it's all been relatively light. I just don't want to dump my problems onto some poor unsuspecting individual and scare them away.
You can not talk to one or other of your parents - that is sad.

Have you considered either

a) Man up Marine (i.e. tough it out) or

b) Thinking long and hard about your issue?

At the end of the day the only person you can 100% rely upon is. ... Yourself.

If I get a real serious problem I sit watching the TV/DVD with a beer in the dark - may not think it through to a resolution but it does take the pressure off for a while.

Last edited:
Just try it. Ask them beforehand "would you mind talking about something serious, I?ve got something on my mind I need someones opinion" ... and if they don?t decline ... try it.

Will try that

Don't forget there are also things like Kidsline and Lifeline if you're not sure you can trust the other people you know

I think I'd like to talk to someone I know, I want to put a face to a name and it gives me a line when I need it next time.

You can not talk to one or other of your parents - that is sad.

Have you considered either

a) Man up Marine (i.e. tough it out) or

b) Thinking long and hard about your issue?

At the end of the day the only person you can 100% rely upon is. ... Yourself.

If I get a real serious problem I sit watching the TV/DVD with a beer in the dark - may not think it through to a resolution but it does take the pressure off for a while.

Already talked to my parents about it. It's just something that no one outside my family knows about and is completely hidden to people around me. As for tough it out and thinking, yeah, been trying that for the last six or seven months. It works, it's just, every so often, one thing will pile on top of another and there's not enough distracting me from the problem and I'll need someone to talk to.

I available to talk LeMans.

Note to self: don't go on the food section of an Austin-area forum when you're hungry and in a part of the state where you can't get a lot of the noms discussed. :wall:

Y U NO HAVE NOPALES, EAST TEXAS?!

- had an egg/nopal taco this weekend; wants moar, lulz

The yelling will be followed by fitness montage and a nutrition class. Then more yelling in a clothing store.

Hey man I'm not his nr1 fan either, but he still doesn't deserve that.

Note to self: don't go on the food section of an Austin-area forum when you're hungry and in a part of the state where you can't get a lot of the noms discussed. :wall:

Y U NO HAVE NOPALES, EAST TEXAS?!

- had an egg/nopal taco this weekend; wants moar, lulz

"Egg has no place in a taco." - Winston Churchill.

{ gasp! }

Churchill was wrong about that. Egg + taco = epic win.

That's a rather strong accusation you made there. You've insulted the shared cultural history of the British, the British monarchy (no idea how but it makes everything sound more impressive), and an entire subset of cigars.