Random Thoughts....

he-he

Car(s)
Lotus Elise SC; still misses motorbike :(
My voicehurt isn't going away. :( Not *cough* fun.
:comfort: I managed to kill my incipient cold with whisky; then dispatched the hangover with junk food. Tomorrow's fasting blood test results should be interesting :lol:

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
:comfort: I managed to kill my incipient cold with whisky; then dispatched the hangover with junk food. Tomorrow's fasting blood test results should be interesting :lol:

Sage advice. :p

Buffy_09

Oh feck. I need to get a zombie costume ready for this weekend. Bleeeh. Effort. :(

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
I already +repped you for the pre-cure post. Can't give more strong alcohol to you right now.

he-he

Car(s)
Lotus Elise SC; still misses motorbike :(
I already +repped you for the pre-cure post. Can't give more strong alcohol to you right now.
Hee :D I like confusing the NHS!

Buffy_09

I like, I like. :p So far I've got a couple of tubes of fake blood, some old jeans I can tear up a little, an old t-shirt and denim jacket, and a giant birthday badge which I'll bloody and scratch up. :D Need to run into town tomorrow and get some makeup and (maybe) some contacts.

I might end up visiting a charity shop altogether to hunt down some more baggy-ish clothes to tear the shite out of.

Sweet Jaysus I'm wrecked. 4th year is wearing me out :(

CAPT_Howdy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2004 Mazda6 Estate 3.0
I've been watching the Star Wars Saga BluRay editions for the last two nights (Episode 1 last night, Episode 2 tonight and the remaining episodes over the next few nights) and so far i've really struggled to notice any of the differences that people having been bitching about.
I haven't seen a list of the changes done to the movies (nor do i want to) and the only ones i've noticed are the ones done for more cosmetic reason. In fact i've really struggled to notice a reason why people are bitching as much as they are. I'm well aware of the 'Nooooooo' bit coming up in RotJ and even that doesn't bother me. It might be because I was among those who couldn't crap who fired first in the Mos Eisley bar. They still are incredibly good movies and unless Lucas adds a scene with Jar Jar Binks walking up to Anakin saying "Meesa your father" i'm not likely to want Lucas killed.

See, I'm one of the guys who cares very much that Lucas altered Episode IV by having Greedo shoot first. It weakens Han Solo's character tremendously.

First off, by having Greedo shoot first - and missing, from across a 3 foot table - makes Greedo a crap assassin, and thus no longer any credible threat. And second, having Han shoot first makes people understand that Han is not a nice person. He's not the "lovable scoundrel" that the later films made him out to be. He's a pirate and a killer. And having a pirate and a killer decide to help Luke at the last moment is a defining moment for his character. It redeems him in the eyes of the audience, and it shows the transformation that he's made - from shooting a man in cold blood to aiding the Rebels in their cause.

Last edited:

Shirahime

Scottish Borders (Originally from Oldham, Lancs.)
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Celica T-Sport
See, I'm one of the guys who cares very much that Lucas altered Episode IV by having Greedo shoot first. It weakens Han Solo's character tremendously.

*Star Wars Nerdery...*

Back on topic - it annoys me when I'm noshing on something in one of those resealable bags and I pull the locking strip off the adhesive in the bag, thus ensuring it will never seal again. :censored:

That pretty much was word for word; what was said every night I went an' got drunk with me flatmates an' Star Wars was brought up. :|

An' ooh I hate when that happens. So I bought meself a bag of them clips you can seal up bags with from Ikea. :)

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
This country never seizes to amaze me...

I just got a letter from the Selective Service System thanking me for registering.

How? I am a non-resident on a student visa - I am exempt from such bullshit. How the hell did they automatically register me?

I'm calling them in the morning and raising some hell - "Sure, I'll register for the selective service - does that mean you have granted me citizenship? No? Well fuck off then!"

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
One of your 'mates' did it possibly?
I have had to pay my own child support, and my friend just had her health care pulled for "failing to report where she lived", which is Section 8 housing provided by the government. We do not have logic in this country.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
I have illegal immigrant health insurance now
dummy.gif