Random Thoughts....

I'm watching Youtube stuff right now.

Do you use your ISP's DNS? I notice that they sometimes fail to resolve random websites that work for everyone else.

Is anyone else getting 404s when trying to access youtube? Or are my wires crossed again?

I don't get 404s but sometimes the videos will just stop loading but work fine when I refresh.

I figured my wires were crossed again. I just found it funny that in the middle of nearly every post in the awesome FinalGear TV thread was '404 Not Found'.

Last edited:
Affair? There was no affair! I deny everything!

You doth protest too much.

I've been watching the Star Wars Saga BluRay editions for the last two nights (Episode 1 last night, Episode 2 tonight and the remaining episodes over the next few nights) and so far i've really struggled to notice any of the differences that people having been bitching about.
I haven't seen a list of the changes done to the movies (nor do i want to) and the only ones i've noticed are the ones done for more cosmetic reason. In fact i've really struggled to notice a reason why people are bitching as much as they are. I'm well aware of the 'Nooooooo' bit coming up in RotJ and even that doesn't bother me. It might be because I was among those who couldn't crap who fired first in the Mos Eisley bar. They still are incredibly good movies and unless Lucas adds a scene with Jar Jar Binks walking up to Anakin saying "Meesa your father" i'm not likely to want Lucas killed.

There are two sides to this. There are those that are militant and believe that the movies belong to them and won't accept any changes or alterations. Then there are those that just want the brush ups to the old movies to make them easier to watch.

I am old and remember seeing them as a kid. While I am not happy with some of the changes, they are just to different from the original movie, I still consider my self a fan and won't buy the offending version of the film. So, probably no high def goodness for me. I am just happy that GL stayed out of the HD format war (SW would of ended the battle before it began).

Oh I think I know who enrolled me. IT was probably the DMV when they gave me my CO license. And this is ironic, since the DMV bullshited me around for 2 weeks, saying that I'm not legal, even though I had all my documents with me. Finally, after consulting with many departments and even immigrations they were able to verify that I'm a legally enrolled student.

It was at that point they should have realized they should not register me for selective service.

There is a way to de-enroll, however I don't see why I should even go through this trouble - I am going to demand an official letter of apology.

Good luck with that HV. The day you get an apology letter from any government agency is the day that hell freezes over, or paradise burns, can't remember which.

BTW, more than a few of us American males disagree with the mandatory enrollment into selective service (not really selective is it?). When there is a just war to be fought, you won't have to draft anyone, and I don't want to be a tool for a politcian, or a political game. I delayed enrollment until the last day possible (after that could of theoretically gone to jail).

Also glad to see you are not happy being a tool for the man either.

Pun ws intended,

Reactions: Jay
You doth protest too much.

There are two sides to this. There are those that are militant and believe that the movies belong to them and won't accept any changes or alterations. Then there are those that just want the brush ups to the old movies to make them easier to watch.

I am old and remember seeing them as a kid. While I am not happy with some of the changes, they are just to different from the original movie, I still consider my self a fan and won't buy the offending version of the film. So, probably no high def goodness for me. I am just happy that GL stayed out of the HD format war (SW would of ended the battle before it began).

Good luck with that HV. The day you get an apology letter from any government agency is the day that hell freezes over, or paradise burns, can't remember which.

BTW, more than a few of us American males disagree with the mandatory enrollment into selective service (not really selective is it?). When there is a just war to be fought, you won't have to draft anyone, and I don't want to be a tool for a politcian, or a political game. I delayed enrollment until the last day possible (after that could of theoretically gone to jail).

Also glad to see you are not happy being a tool for the man either.

Pun ws intended,
The thing is you can get the charge or fine dropped if you prove you didn't know you had to sign up, which is probably pretty damn easy. Also the trials don't happen anymore for not signing up.
In 1980, men who knew they were required to register and did not do so could face up to five years in jail or a fine up to $50,000 if convicted. The potential fine was later increased to $250,000. Despite these possible penalties, government records indicate that from 1980 through 1986 there were only 20 indictments, of which 19 were instigated in part by self-publicized and self-reported non-registration.[SUP][24][/SUP] As one of the elements of the offense, the government must prove that a violation of the Military Selective Service Act was knowing and willful. This is almost impossible unless the prospective defendant has publicly stated that he knew he was required to register or report for induction, or unless he has been visited by the FBI, personally served with notice to register or report for induction, and given another chance to comply. The last prosecution for non-registration was in January 1986, after which many believed the government declined to continue enforcing that law when it became apparent that the trials were themselves causing a decline in registration. Routine checks requiring identification virtually never include a request for draft card.

But there are also other things that can be affected by not signing up. And I am nearly that old. :wheelchair:

So that's 2 people :lol:. I know hatmouse is down for whatever, I spoke to him in person about C&C as well as crashing Blaro's new pad.

Yeah, I'd be down. I'm busy until at least noon every day of the week but Friday, when I'm busy till at least 3. Any other time should be alright.

Sorry for the double post here but I just had an idea for an official So-cal FG meet-up. Cars and coffee perhaps?

Would anyone in so cal (LA down to SD) be interested?

Word, son.

As bad as it sounds, yeah it sort of is like that. I dunno personally I think it should be a choice rather than forced because you will get people who WANT to be there and not being forced. (I'm sure someone will probably respond something like IT'S GOOD TO DO THAT TO DEFEND YOUR COUNTRY blah blah. I was just saying what I wish would happen. =P)
I think there are upside and downsides of both a volunteer army and a general, exceptionless draft (like in Israel) or a people in arms where every adult keeps his gun after serving (like in Switzerland or Tito's Yugoslavia).
What does not make sense cause it's unfair is a draft that only catches out some people per birth year - I'm not even talking about only drafting men, I'm mostly talking about only drafting some men. That is a policy which makes no sense at all and leads to priviliged families kids avoiding to be drafted while blue-collar offspring has to go fighting. Cue John Fogerty:

Last edited:
Soooo, I needed some repeat blood tests today because the previous ones were 'inconclusive'. When pressed, they said that my liver function results weren't brilliant. As I hadn't had a drink for about a week before the tests I was a tad worried. Today's results? Absolutely fine. Well within normal limits. Despite the fact that two days ago I drank 1/2 bottle of Laphroaig, then yesterday ate my own body-weight in fatty food to kill the hangover. Go figure. Heh - maybe my liver needs alcohol and fat to function :D

Just talked to the Selective Service and they confirmed my suspicions.

It was the DMV that registered me. "The DMV sees that you are of legal age and male and registers you, they don't check to see if you are a citizen."

That's funny because that's exactly what they were doing, and why I couldn't get my new license for almost a month!!!

Reddit is going to own my life, I only started using it a few days ago and I'm completely addicted to the AMA section. There is some fascinating stuff there, I'm almost about to spend more time on Reddit than I do here. I think I'm going to have to stop going on Reddit. I love it here too much to move.

Also, update on the previous situation. Worked out great. It's going to be a bumpy road but y'know nice that someone knows and I can rely on that someone.

Last edited:
That's great to hear, LeMans GTR.

I think there are upside and downsides of both a volunteer army and a general, exceptionless draft (like in Israel) or a people in arms where every adult keeps his gun after serving (like in Switzerland or Tito's Yugoslavia).
What does not make sense cause it's unfair is a draft that only catches out some people per birth year - I'm not even talking about only drafting men, I'm mostly talking about only drafting some men. That is a policy which makes no sense at all and leads to priviliged families kids avoiding to be drafted while blue-collar offspring has to go fighting. Cue John Fogerty:
-video-

Yeah that is a major problem with it also. I do hate that the draft isn't fair for most anyone in America. Some of the weirdness I've encountered asking older people who volunteered/drafted in either the Korean War and/or Vietnam never actually regret going to war. They all were proud to fight for their country, but they don't really "talk" about it. (I'm also talking about older ladies who volunteered as nurses and so forth.)

I definitely feel that there should be changes in policy in regards to the draft.

(Also, that whole DMV thing _HighVoltage_ had to deal with was just dumb. Hopefully you get that all settled since they wrongfully entered you for the draft.)

Reddit is going to own my life, I only started using it a few days ago and I'm completely addicted to the AMA section. There is some fascinating stuff there, I'm almost about to spend more time on Reddit than I do here. I think I'm going to have to stop going on Reddit. I love it here too much to move.

Also, update on the previous situation. Worked out great. It's going to be a bumpy road but y'know nice that someone knows and I can rely on that someone.
Read all the things!

Last edited:

Congrats dude.

And yes, reddit can be a life-sucker. You'll soon learn to balance it out though, I promise.