Random Thoughts....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. I am correct. Didn't know why I expected anything else in this crappy country.

I wouldn't do it if I were you. The quality just won't be there for $80, unless I've missed some kind of monumental price drop in electronics since I bought my 24" LCD screen.

Actually, it was listed as having a normal price of $229, just dropped to $79 as a "doorbuster".

Sold out in 30 seconds online, and it definitely isn't worth camping the store for.

Also, rumor has it that if Black Friday is as disappointing for retailers as projected, there will be similar if not cheaper deals in the coming weeks.

Finished Thanksgiving dinner about 45 min ago. Now I'm bored.

I wonder if the bars are open?

That's what they claim... but that said, I'm suspicious of it as it was not offered prior to the Black Friday sale. Here's a link to it so you can look its specs over - I was thinking about getting one as a desk TV (not as a monitor) so it wouldn't have to be particularly good.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23153%3B+-+24%26%2334%3B+Class+/+LCD+/+1080p+/+60Hz+/+HDTV/2970158.p?skuId=2970158&id=1218367940239

I know someone who uses an older 19" Dynex TV as a PC monitor and it actually has a pretty decent picture.

I've seen dynex 24" tvs in the store before and honestly I'm not super duper worried about high quality, I'm not expecting that. As long as it displays something above 1024X768 and also take up 1/4 of my desk, I'm fine. Most of the videos I own also aren't HD, some are but very few. If I was worried about awesome colors and deep black levels, I'd get a used Pioneer Kuro. It's going to be in my room and my bed is about 3-4 feet(seeing, it's about 2.5 if you measure between the floor) from my desk. My PS2 is analog so no HD there...

I'd get a D/A converter(for the computer) because the RCA tube TV I have now works fine, but it's from 1990 and who knows how much longer it'll last anyways?

Last edited:
So a couple of weeks ago and for the first time in quite a while I found a girl who is smart, we have the same tastes, chatty, witty, great fun to be around and of course she's taken. Plenty of fish on the sea and quite a bit of time to catch them. In the meantime, I have an awesome new friend :)

On an unrelated note, for the second year on a row there is going to be an anime con in Honduras, and I being the too-confident-in-himself-for-his-good guy ended up getting myself on a royal pain by telling her I'd find out roughly what sunglasses does Rika from Digimon Tamers has, haven't watched it on ever (oddly enough JesuOtaku posted a review very rencently on Thatguywiththeglasses.com just today) and forgot she only wears the damn things for like 5 minutes.

If only I knew some people that could classify as anime connoisseurs and could help me (stares at the regulars from the anime thread)

Last edited:
Went to the grocery store before it closed tonight to get some sweets.

We're not really celebrating thxgiving here this year but you know I felt bad for my dad, so I thought I'd get him some pie or something. He wanted a carrot cake, so I got 2 slices of that with some ice cream.

I felt bad for the people that are still working in the grocery store, so when the cashier lady was checking out all the stuff I was buying I was just trying to make small talk. I said how like we're not celebrating thxgiving this year and she said yeah me neither. She goes "But it looks like you're getting some good stuff to get into the holiday mood". I'm like yeah, I just thought my dad and I could have something sweet and... shaving cream.

She laughed and I was happy to just put a smile on her face.

Pin drop silence outside, kinda eerie. All the more fitting that I bought fallout 3 just earlier today and installed it.

I think I might introduce my neighbours to the fact I play the Saxaphone this evening. Maybe alittle Peter Gunn theme...

"Fallout 3 will now inspect your computer and set the graphics quality"

*click ok*
<1 second later>

"Your graphic settings have been set to ultra high quality"

fuck%20yeah%20words.png

"Fallout 3 will now inspect your computer and set the graphics quality"

*click ok*
<1 second later>

"Your graphic settings have been set to ultra high quality"

fuck yeah words.png

If i tried on my old computer it would probably say:

"you should just return this now...hope you kept the reciept!

Lol same here.

"Testing graphics quality"

<1 second later>

"LOOOOOL, are you joking?"