Random Thoughts....

^Then Han Solo should beat them up. Maybe get Chewie to help him too.

And if you guys want some snow, we have lots of it. We'll gladly give it to you, but oyu have to come and take it yourselves because right now I'm sick of shoveling that damn white stuff. Been doing too much of that this winter.

Random thought/question: Why is political affiliation important for a coroner? I've seen signs in peoples' yards saying "Vote for so-and-so Republican Coroner" and they confuse me.

Random thought/question: Why is political affiliation important for a coroner? I've seen signs in peoples' yards saying "Vote for so-and-so Republican Coroner" and they confuse me.
Holy shit. Do we even elect coroners? If we do, that is very scary :| Of all positions in government, that is certainly one I do not want to see have political affiliations.

There is a difference between a coroner and a Medical Examiner. The ME is the one that determines cause of death and all that, in most cases a coroner is just a bureaucrat.

It is my considered opinion that my cousin is a fucking moron.

Brian - Me Want 'Cuda!!: LALALA
Blind Io loves Fruity Oaty Bars: Oh Hi.
Brian - Me Want 'Cuda!!: How's things?
Blind Io loves Fruity Oaty Bars: Ok
Brian - Me Want 'Cuda!!: Ok?
Blind Io loves Fruity Oaty Bars: Well, as good as can be expected.
Brian - Me Want 'Cuda!!: How so?
Blind Io loves Fruity Oaty Bars: Is this a trick question or something?
Brian - Me Want 'Cuda!!: No, you just seem really down
Blind Io loves Fruity Oaty Bars: <sarcasm> Gee, I can't imagine why *that* would be. </sarcasm>
Brian - Me Want 'Cuda!!: ...Nice.

Here's something to hopefully cheer you up, some laughs courtesy of comments on Amazon:

The only reason it gets four stars is because it's just a battery and there's nothing else you can do with it.

:lol:

Yeah, I saw that this morning. At least the homes were not occupied.

Those ELF motherfuckers need to DIAF.

It is my considered opinion that my cousin is a fucking moron.

Does this guy know about your dad? Because if he does, and I'm guessing he does, I'd go over and kick him good a few times. So what if he's you're cousin, he sounds like an ass.

And now something completely different... where the fuck is Gman? He hasn't been on for a few days and that's a long time for us whores to stay away. Maybe he exploded out of excitement after seeing the Veyron? :D

Last edited:
My fuckwit cousin was a pallbearer. He just keeps his head up his ass because he doesn't like the light.

I just saw a video of a US solider throwing a puppy off a cliff in what was reported to be Iraq.

I understand support the troops and all that, but if this video is real.... fuck this douchebag.

Are you sure it was a US soldier?

The reason I ask is that people from cultures in the Middle East and with strong Middle-Eastern influences don't tend to like dogs. Iraqis will sometimes keep strays around as an early warning system, but they tend to be very cruel to dogs.

Are you sure it was a US soldier?

The reason I ask is that people from cultures in the Middle East and with strong Middle-Eastern influences don't tend to like dogs. Iraqis will sometimes keep strays around as an early warning system, but they tend to be very cruel to dogs.

Yeah... well apparently it was. I'll post the video under spoiler tags just cause I, as a dog lover, find it disgusting.

DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE THOROUGHLY PISSED OFF.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Ctdlf15cU[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a link with more info on who this "soldier" is.
http://federalism.typepad.com/crime_federalism/2008/03/david-motari-ab.html

I agree, there is no excuse for that.

Here's the story of Nubs and his trek from Iraq to a safe home in the US: http://abcnews.go.com/US/AmazingAnimals/story?id=4323637

abc_nubs_080221_ms.jpg

Nubs, a wiry German-shepherd-border collie mix named for nubby ears that were sliced off as a puppy, will stay in Chicago with the family of one of his Marine colleagues until a final hop to San Diego, where a Marine fighter pilot stationed at Camp Pendleton has been given permission to care for the dog until Maj. Brian Dennis arrives home from his second combat tour.

"Touchdown" was the first celebratory word in an e-mail Marsha Cargo received from her son Maj. Brian Dennis, after a dog who survived a 70-mile Hail Mary trek through war-torn Iraqi deserts touched down safely in Chicago Wednesday evening.
Photos
A Marine and His Dog

"We're thrilled," Cargo told ABC News after the dog named Nubs arrived in the United States to a warm reception. "What would the alternative be? We thought this dog was going to be shot."
Waiting for the animal, which Dennis and his unit befriended during months of patrolling Iraqi forts along the border of Iraq and Syria, were a steak dinner and strawberry Pop-Tarts ? the latter a treat that had become a favorite of the dog during visits by the Marine unit.

Nubs, a wiry German-shepherd-border-collie mix named for nubby ears that were sliced off as a puppy, will stay in Chicago with the family of one of his Marine colleagues until a final hop to San Diego, where a Marine fighter pilot stationed at Camp Pendleton has been given permission to care for the dog until Dennis arrives home from his second combat tour.
The reunion could happen as early as next month, Cargo said.
The dog arrived in the United States by way of Jordan after Dennis navigated the bureaucracy and expenses of transporting the animal out of Iraq, a process that required a series of necessary vaccinations and risky handoffs.
The 36-year-old Marine, trained as a fighter pilot and stationed in Miramar, Calif., befriended the animal during several visits to a fort where Nubs lived with a pack of wild canines as the alpha dog. Dennis recently bid what he thought would be a final farewell to the animal after his unit was relocated 70 miles from Nubs' home fort.
Story
Iraqi Dog Finds Marine After Miracle Trek

He may have wanted to take Nubs with the unit, Dennis wrote in one e-mail home, but there were too many dogs to rescue and keeping a canine was against the rules.
Two days later, Nubs wandered inexplicably in below-freezing conditions into Dennis' new camp, shocking the Marine unit. "I won't even address the gauntlet he had to run of dog packs, wolves, and God knows what else to get here," Dennis wrote of the animal's trek. "When he arrived he looked like he'd just been through a war zone."

"Uh, wait a minute, he had," Dennis wrote.
The miracle moment cemented Dennis' course of action ? he had to find a way to return the animal to the United States, a feat he can now say was successfully accomplished.
Nubs is not the only dog befriended by an American soldier to earn a trip out of Iraq.
The SPCA International, in partnership with ILoveDogs.com and through the Operation Baghdad Pups program, is working to make bringing soldiers' dogs home from Iraq less complicated. The program was launched in December, when a military unit contacted the animal awareness group about a dog named Charlie that the group had found as a vulnerable puppy during a night patrol.
After thousands of dollars were spent to arrange for the dog's safe return, Charlie arrived in Washington, D.C., last week, where he waits to be matched up with a new handler until the unit's return from Iraq, according to Stephanie Scroggs, a spokeswoman for SPCA International.

In the next few days, the organization hopes that two animals will arrive at John. F. Kennedy International Airport ? Liberty and K-Pot ? both of whom were born in Iraq and granted temporary status as security dogs while arrangements were made to bring them here.
Scroggs acknowledged that both are more accurately "mascot" puppies and are not truly performing security detail, but without the designation, the animals could not stay on with military units.
"Both of these dogs have just become a joy," Scroggs said, adding that one will live with the wife of a soldier and the other will live with a soldier's sister until the respective units come home. "Just the knowledge that [these soldiers] have a companion while serving in Iraq." The program has already screened requests from about 25 different dogs, according to Scroggs.
Army Sgt. Peter Neesley found two dogs while on patrol during his second tour of duty in Iraq ? Mama, a Labrador mix, and her puppy, Boris.
The soldier claimed the dogs, building a doghouse for them and sending photos to relatives in Grosse Pointe Farms, Mich. "They were his family away from home," Neesley's sister, Carey, told ABC News.

But tragedy struck when the 28-year-old sergeant died in his Baghdad barracks on Christmas, the cause of which remains unknown. His family decided one way to ease the grief would be to transport the dogs home. A politician, airline and animal organization helped coordinate the 6,000-mile trip.

"It's second to having Peter come home on his own," the soldier's sister said. "If we can't have Peter, then at least we can have his dogs."
Dennis, who wrote in detailed e-mails to family and friends about wanting to walk with Nubs along the sunny beaches of San Diego, remains grateful to everyone who helped him rescue Nubs. Already, the collective work earned the Marine recognition from the animal rights group PETA.
"I'm just glad Nubs is going to the states," the Marine wrote in an e-mail to ABC News.

One of the problems is that the US Military has regulations against pets in combat areas or while on deployment, and these adopted dogs are considered against regulations. I think they should change that, since there are so many psychological benefits to having a pet in stressful times.

Seems like a sociopath to me. Far more in society than you would think.

I agree, there is no excuse for that.

I think they should change that, since there are so many psychological benefits to having a pet in stressful times.

I agree 100%

Seems like a sociopath to me. Far more in society than you would think.

One of the people on fark brought up the point that this could be a result of the US Military lowering their standards because of the low enlistment numbers. How true the "lowering of the standards" thing is, I have no idea. Just something I thought was thought provoking.

Another explanation could be that these guys who are serving multiple extended tours are so desensitized to killing and death that they don't know where the line is any more.

It's not an excuse, but it could be a reason. The mental health field is going to need major attention if we are going to provide care for these soldiers.

That's a messed up video.

Makes me wonder about those people. I don't want to make stereotypes, but I wonder if growing up in the southern regions contributes at all. Alot of these guys probably grew up hunting and killing animals, so who knows what goes through their minds about killing a dog in a war zone.