Random Thoughts....

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
I got called and asked if I could come to work at 10:30. I was finally having a good deep sleep too. :( oh well, it gives me money, something that's important lol.

There, there, have a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down. :p
I already was. Typical last post before bed sort of thing. :lol:

hajj

I need a small favor from our German members (and maybe Europeans... or anyone with a little time and some internet skills).

Can you guys check the legitimacy of https://www.uhren-sheriff.de/ for me.
I want to buy a watch from them, but I don't want to send them money if they're know to not follow through with their orders or stuff like that. I can't find anything on them, but then again I don't have time to find a review site for international vendors right now.
All their legal information that they need to provide by German law is not there. The site seems rather fishy to me.

[edit]

On archive.org the site has the same design, but it is in german with all the legal info in place. That seems rather strange to me.

Last edited:

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
In Ukania distance selling regulations and the credit card companies protect you. Not sure if that applies in the US but check with your card provider. They may offer protection against spurious sites taking money and not supplying the goods.

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Well the didn't have a pay by card option. Only money order, paypal, and something else I've never heard of. I suppose I can go with paypal and dispute it if the watch never ships.

captain_70s

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'77 Triumph Dolomite 1300 + '83 Triumph Acclaim
FinalGear moral code:

Mc Holocaust burger - Hillarious
Fraping your mother - A new height of evil.

Aye, the actions were childish, revenge is never a good option, but they results probably won't be serious. If my parents, or anyone, changed my relationship status on FB I'd be pretty pissed off simply because a lot of people on there already know me as a guy who fails at romance it would be highly embarrassing to have to say "Nope, actually still single here".
Actually it would be fairly unbearable given the fact so many people in my social group would be very surprised and pleased for me.

I avert most awkwardness by refusing to add family members on Facebook anyway, keeps things much simpler. Hardly use Facebook for more than spying on friends and the odd chat anyway tbh.

Chaos

Car(s)
'94 Acura Integra, '08 Infiniti G37 (Again)
Being 20... I would probably die if I did anything like that to my parents.

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
I take back everything I have ever said about the Division Bell, it's a fantastic album.
Indeed. My favorite Pink Floyd song is actually from that album - High Hopes. The last song on the last album.

Thomas93

Car(s)
one day
No way, the best song from that album must be coming back to life, or even wearing the inside out!

I want to learn to drive purely so I can sing along to it without anyone knowing, I will cause a crash by air guitaring/drumming, that is certain.

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
^ That's gotta be some sort of brownian motion or something.

I broke down the word for "potato" in my mother tongue because apparently in chinese its tuodu or something which is "Soil bean" or "bean in the soil". So I was curious to see if it broke down in my own language like that.

I google translated the split of the word "Urulaikkizhanku" which is how you say "potato" in Tamil. It comes out as "Cylindrical Tuber".

Awesome.

Where's that "The more you know" picture when you need it?

Fairlady

Car(s)
*sigh*
My dad bought himself a Multivan a month back, but today's the first time I got to sit in it. The first thing I notice? A cassette player. This is the most awesome.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
Being 20 alive... I would probably die if I did anything like that to my parents.
FTFY

Indeed. My favorite Pink Floyd song is actually from that album - High Hopes. The last song on the last album.
The normal progression of Pink Floyd fandom:
Middle school to high school: The Wall, because "Another Brick In The Wall, Part II" represents my angst (also, fuck school).
Freshman to Junior in college: Dark Side of the Moon, because The Wall was so high school. This is way more awesome and psychedelic.
Adulthood: Division Bell, because I've outgrown bad weed and cheap liquor; this album demonstrates a great deal of musical subtlety and nuance.