Random Thoughts....

Well I was thinking more of The Girl Is Mine, but I'm not a fan of Say Say Say either. Back when I lived in Edinburgh I pretty much went clubbing every other night an' it was the same year that the Hi_Tack (Klubbheads) remix of Say Say Say came out. That remix was played to DEATH an' it just made me hate it even more.

*Listens to the remix

1313440823492.png

Now I need to listen to more '80s to cleanse myself.

I swear I had a Lionel Ritchie CD somewhere.

So despite Mr.Rong's efficient conversation compressor, we're still doing this...oh well.

Finally, somebody gives me some credit around here. ;)

Edit: holy shit, who the hell in the office keeps playing that Adele song on loop? Are they going through a shitty breakup right now or something? Fuck this, more Turbonegro.

Last edited:
Edit: holy shit, who the hell in the office keeps playing that Adele song on loop? Are they going through a shitty breakup right now or something? Fuck this, more Turbonegro.
Just loop "I got Erection". For bonus points, play the live version that includes AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" intro as an... well, intro.

Just loop "I got Erection". For bonus points, play the live version that includes AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" intro as an... well, intro.

[video=youtube;ZbbWjvStC-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbWjvStC-k[/video]

Turbonegro covers "Search and Destroy," because fuck you all!

Reactions: MWF
Or you could try youtube searching for Migraine Skank......

I'm at work so no audio, but I'll post this here.

For those arguing the Beatles' early stuff was a bit trite and pants because they were new and young I put to you this.

My ex had her iPod on shuffle when I was round there earlier but then it decided to give us The Police's Greatest Hits. The Police recorded but 5 albums, excluding compilations. Each a masterpiece. Compare them in sequence to the first 5 albums the Beatles released. Each is superior vocally, tonally, musically and lyrically.

Then compare what Sting has done compared to the most successful former Beatle. Where is Sting's "Mull of Kintrye"?

Also Sting spent much if his post-band life having tantric sex. McCartney spent his eating tofu and scoring with birds with less than one leg.

:tease:

For those arguing the Beatles' early stuff was a bit trite and pants because they were new and young I put to you this.

My ex had her iPod on shuffle when I was round there earlier but then it decided to give us The Police's Greatest Hits. The Police recorded but 5 albums, excluding compilations. Each a masterpiece. Compare them in sequence to the first 5 albums the Beatles released. Each is superior vocally, tonally, musically and lyrically.

Then compare what Sting has done compared to the most successful former Beatle. Where is Sting's "Mull of Kintrye"?

Also Sting spent much if his post-band life having tantric sex. McCartney spent his eating tofu and scoring with birds with less than one leg.

I distinctly remember Sting being killed by Paul Atreides. Get your history right. :p

While selling the Saab we came across quite a few people who said stuff like this (although it was really obvious they were scamming with what they were saying). We looked into it, and there was something along the lines of payments through Paypal aren't guaranteed without an official 'item dispatched' notice, like you get through eBay. As a result they send you the money, pick it up and then complain you did a runner, and get their money back.

I don't know exactly what your situation is, but that's what we found. Obviously as I say the correspondence was obvious with this one; more than 10 different names in exactly the same format email. :lol:

Damn, well there goes that idea then! :lol:

The Beatles are overrated, they were the boring, in-the-charts, fashionable band to like of the 60s. All the cool kids were into the Moody Blues... Badfinger were actually better at being the Beatles than the Beatles were...

Guess it depends on what you define as "good" music, given the popularity of the Beatles as a widespread thing over a long period they were essentially better financially than most other bands. Which is, lets face it, all that really matters in the real world music industry.

The Beatles are overrated, they were the boring, in-the-charts, fashionable band to like of the 60s. All the cool kids were into the Moody Blues... Badfinger were actually better at being the Beatles than the Beatles were...

Guess it depends on what you define as "good" music, given the popularity of the Beatles as a widespread thing over a long period they were essentially better financially than most other bands. Which is, lets face it, all that really matters in the real world music industry.

I disagree. For reference I always make sure I have access to King Crimson's complete discography from "Larks Tongue in Aspic" to "Power to Believe".

I disagree. For reference I always make sure I have access to King Crimson's complete discography from "Larks Tongue in Aspic" to "Power to Believe".

Do you have it in one of those "in case of emergency, break glass" boxes in every room as a "just in case" measure? :p

Do you have it in one of those "in case of emergency, break glass" boxes in every room as a "just in case" measure? :p

Yes in which is contained parts one and two of Larks Tongue in Aspic. :p Bound to make everyone but the snobbiest of prog snobs hate me. :p

Paul McCartney was ~19 when "Love Me Do" was written.
Adele was ~18 when "Chasing Pavement" was written.
Sting was ~26 when "Roxanne" was written.

:D

Edit: for the record I'm not saying Lennon/McCartney were the greatest song writers just merely an example.

Last edited:
Paul McCartney was ~19 when "Love Me Do" was written.
Adele was ~18 when "Chasing Pavement" was written.
Sting was ~26 when "Roxanne" was written.

:D

Edit: for the record I'm not saying Lennon/McCartney were the greatest song writers just merely an example.

And Matt Johnson of The The was 20 when he first released Burning Blue Soul.

Check and Mate!!!!

:p:p:p

Pete Townshend wrote "I Can't Explain" at age 19. Check, mate, and table upended.

Reactions: MWF
Pete Townshend wrote "I Can't Explain" at age 19. Check, mate, and table upended.

You forgot guitar, amp and the rest of the stage smashed! ;)

:clap: and :+1+

John O'Neill was 20 when he wrote "Teenage Kicks", but all this is completely beside the point.

One would have to consider the environment the first Beatles albums were released in, as well. When the Beatles finally involved from Tony Sheridan's backing band to being recording artists of their own right, there was not much else than Rock and Roll. Considering this framework, their "naive phase" recordings were quite good. And starting with Help or Rubber Soul, depending how you see it, they made some pioneering recordings which played an important role in making what followed (including The Police) possible.

Not saying that I would rank any Beatles Album among the 10 best records in rock history, but still, credit where credit is due.

EDIT 2: In terms of historic significance, it is hard to find any band except for The Rutles that matches them.

EDIT:
"My Generation" and some other gems notwithstanding I'd hardly call any Who album before Tommy noteworthy.

Last edited:
Sting isn't dead yet?!

Rong: Look up "Fina Flickor Fiser Inte." It's about farts. In Swedish.

And blast it. To 11.

There is nothing that is not awesome and sad-breakup-song-killing about this plan.

craigslist update: So the woman who I thought was local turned out to be a scammer. I might put it up on eBay but anyways, is it proper CL etiqutte to post your ad once every day? It's still on the front page but is under yesterday's posts and not today.

I think I'm overthinking this. :|