Random Thoughts....

Go to a major intersection. Near the crosswalk in the car lanes, you'll see circles in the road that have been paved/tarred over, with similar lines running off to the side of the road. No, they're not crop circles. There's wiring under the road that detects the presence of (some!) metals, indicating there's cars waiting, which in turn signals to the light to change to green. In the case of us poor saps on motorbikes, most machines these days are made out of aluminum, which fails to trip the sensors. Some guys put a lot of thought into forcing the sensors to trip, including rare-earth magnets attached to the undersides of their bikes, or putting the kickstand, usually made of steel, down on the ground. I like the more direct method of riding up on the sidewalk and hitting the crosswalk button.

^Hmm interesting. Judging by the habits of the lights around me, we don't have them. When i would drop my g/f off late at night, one light on the way home would stay red with me sitting there for a full minute. It was a brand new light system that was installed not 4 years ago.

/half the time no one would be around, so I'd just go through it.
//it was a turn light to get on the motorway, so I wasn't clubbing baby seals by doing it.

For the love of God Klutch shrink your sig, my poor 13.3" display can only handle so much.:shock2:

This trick also works if you're in a car and you wanna cross a busy road. You gotta be quick though. :D

I like the more direct method of riding up on the sidewalk and hitting the crosswalk button.

I paid for a can of soda at my school's vending machine, just before I got on the bus home. Out came two cans. :D

Feeling generous, I gave the extra can to my sister.

You know those coil sensors in the road that detect cars by how they disrupt the earth's magnetic field?

I would love to prank someone I hate and degauss their car one night, they would never get a light to change for them without another vehicle being present!

Yeah, I put too much thought into this shit.

Those coils measure changes in inductance, not in the Earth's magnetic field, so degaussing your neighbor's car won't stop it from tripping the lights. ;)

KaJuN, I was just over at BARF and some of the guys have attached strong magnets to the lower fairing on their bikes. Apparently sportbikes don't use much steel these days and can't trip most sensors. Other guys swear putting the side stand down on the wire coil will do it (I don't like that because my motor shuts down when I put the side stand down).
It must take a very very strong magnet if my 28 year old heavy metal bike has trouble setting them off sometimes. I'll have to try the riding up on the sidewalk trick sometime. I also want to try refueling without ever getting off the bike. Pull up to pump, kill engine, open fuel cap, swipe card, grab nozzle, pump, replace nozzle, close cap, start engine, ride off.

Plus that would give them a sampling of what motorcycling is like. I've found myself maneuvering into the next lane while I'm sitting there just so I can turn right on a red and get moving again.
Odd. When I'm riding my bicycle, I can actually stop and lay my bike down on the thing and it'll trigger the light for me. ^_^

Fixed to be more specific. You hippies over in Oregon would love the whole "gas-saving" shtick anyway. :mrgreen:

Hey! Gas is a pollutant, as such I think we should get rid of it as quickly as possible, which is why I drive a car with a V8.

Get a cruiser and then you can look more like Steve McQueen and less like the Red Ranger. :cool:

Did you know GM once built the Pontiac 6000 STE with AWD and a 5-speed manual?

1983-1987-pontiac-6000ste.jpg

Wow, it's like a retarded WRX! Except instead of spraying coolant over the intercooler in an awesome way, it blows head gaskets in a slightly less awesome manner. I totally want to get my hands on one, imagine how collectible they'll be someday. 8) :D

Did you know GM once built the Pontiac 6000 STE with AWD and a 5-speed manual?

1983-1987-pontiac-6000ste.jpg

Wow, it's like a retarded WRX! Except instead of spraying coolant over the intercooler in an awesome way, it blows head gaskets in a slightly less awesome manner. I totally want to get my hands on one, imagine how collectible they'll be someday. 8) :D

I have no clue why, but I want one of those.