Random Thoughts....

Oh FFS, Danish news have been spending a lot of time telling that 20 years ago today was the day we won the european championship over germany in football (even going so far as to compare it to major events like the moon landing and the end of ww2), and one of the 2 biggest channels is actually showing the match again, I get that it was a big thing but IT WAS TWENTY YEARS AGO.

On the back window of a muddy car: "I wish my girlfriend was this dirty"

Walking on sunshine today. ^_^ Spent 4 hours on MSN IMing with a woman who is, amazingly, interested in me. Even better, she is a introverted loner who walks to her own beat, like myself.

I was married to an extrovert, it was terrible for the both of us.

Congrats! Glad you're in good spirits, you deserve it!

And here we have not seen any rain in weeks and Thursday is a predicted high of 38. Meanwhile 400 miles North in Minneapolis they have received nearly 20 cm of rain in the past 30 days.
We've not as yet had a summer - rain, rain and more rain. ? Grrrr.

On the back window of a muddy car: "I wish my girlfriend was this dirty"

Sorry to break the bad news, but that gag was old when you last didn't have hair. ;)

Oh FFS, Danish news have been spending a lot of time telling that 20 years ago today was the day we won the european championship over germany in football (even going so far as to compare it to major events like the moon landing and the end of ww2), and one of the 2 biggest channels is actually showing the match again, I get that it was a big thing but IT WAS TWENTY YEARS AGO.

In a few minutes it'll be ten days since Denmark lost to Germany :p

lolweather. 29 C, humidex 37 (whether you believe in "feels like" numbers or not, your call :p ). Guess it's summer now. And Canada Day (july 1), like every year in Winnipeg, is going to be sunny and 30+ degrees.

Yeah... umm... I like it in my basement, it's cool :cool:

In a few minutes it'll be ten days since Denmark lost to Germany :p

burnnnn

Damn. The wildfires in the Rocky mountains are spreading. This is the view from my apartment building in Boulder:

529621_616985873946_140774718_n.jpg

Smoke on the...mountain, a fire in the sky.

Yesterday: Enough water on the road going UPHILL to cause spray up to the bonnet.

WAT

We sure could use that rain here now.

It's easy to forget how much we rely on the internet now, Virgin Media seem to have fucked up somewhere and my internet has been down all day. Bastards! :mad:

I'm posting from my phone by the way before someone makes a smart arse comment. :p

Mine is OK - my cable WiFi box dropped out a couple of times today. They are upgrading the max speed so sometimes you may be routed through the back up line - I am supposed to be on 100 Mega Bits but never get that.

Must be the day for it, my Orange ISP was a bit patchy a couple of hours back as well.

(Normaly, they are very reliable.)

Whenever the World Cup rolls around the English media spend weeks flagellating about how it could be a repeat of 1966, where England beat Germany to win. They hype it up to absurd levels and then when the England team inevitably lose, they dish out unlimited criticism towards them.

Ask a German what happened in the 1966 World Cup final and they won't have a clue.

Many Germans have a clue, few really care. With respect to England and football we're more about penalties :tease:

Whenever the World Cup rolls around the English media spend weeks flagellating about how it could be a repeat of 1966, where England beat Germany to win. They hype it up to absurd levels and then when the England team inevitably lose, they dish out unlimited criticism towards them.

Ask a German what happened in the 1966 World Cup final and they won't have a clue.

Because they lost?

The same can be said about the USA and the USSR (before they fell of course) and olympic hockey in 1980. Although, the guys that were on that losing team remember.