Random Thoughts....

Took me a while but I just discovered that the Chicago Fire logo in your avatar Jay, is that of a soccer team and not that of the Chicago Fire Brigade.

Anyway, err...carry on! :p

Yeah it is my local, And I would never expect most anyone outside of the US to know of The Chicago Fire or for that matter, Major League Soccer. Maybe LA Galaxy or New York Red Bulls, because they have world famous internationals playing for them.

For now, the world does not know of MLS...

SOON

Got the first results of my exams today. Got a pass for my Microsoft word work. Got to wait until next week for the results of my exam for excel.
On top of that met a girl today who loves battle star galactica (original and the remake), doctor who, stargate sg-1 and cheesy old 70's sci-fi. Apparently I haven't lived until I've seen Logan's Run.

On top of that met a girl today who loves battle star galactica (original and the remake), doctor who, stargate sg-1 and cheesy old 70's sci-fi. Apparently I haven't lived until I've seen Logan's Run.

When's the marriage? Do you need a wedding car? You can borrow mine. :p

Got the first results of my exams today. Got a pass for my Microsoft word work. Got to wait until next week for the results of my exam for excel.

Hey, My GF and I get on great because of our mutual likes and personalities. The whole "opposites attract" is true, but only for a short period of time. And as I found out, you cannot have a meaningful relationship on love alone.

Today at the train station - I sit on a bench waiting for my train minding my own buisness. After a while some guy sits next to me. Lights a cigarette. I?m a non smoker. I am quite unhappy with that and get up and walk away 2 or 3 meters (so I don?t have to sit in a clowd of stink). Guy says loudly "so you don?t like people like me?". I turn around and have a look at him. He?s of turkish descent by the looks of it, and is looking at me quite pissed. I have just been called a racist. That is pretty much the first time that?s happend to me and for a second I?m a bit perplexed. But then I go "yeah, I really can?t stand smokers". That shut him up.

Apparently I haven't lived until I've seen Logan's Run.
That's one brilliant movie. You should watch it. It's part of the 70s apocalyptic SF canon right alongside Soilent Green, The Omega Man and the first Planet of the Apes.

That's one brilliant movie. You should watch it. It's part of the 70s apocalyptic SF canon right alongside Soilent Green, The Omega Man and the first Planet of the Apes.

Only one film I've seen in that list and that's planet of the apes.

Could it be that you have trouble digesting gluten?
I think it was overeating this time, but I don't know. I don't have the same issues with beer, though--isn't that a tasty gluteny treat? And does gluten give you the phrrts?

R.I.P to the 52 people killed in the London Bombings 7 years ago today.

does gluten give you the phrrts?

Normal people, no. If you have celiac disease (gluten intolerance), then yes. Beer does have gluten, but it's barley gluten, which isn't the same as wheat gluten. Unless it's a wheat beer. Then it would have wheat gluten in it.

If you have problems with anything that has wheat in it, but ok with some other grains (like corn, or rice), then you might have a wheat gluten intolerance.

According to my spreadsheet I can claim just over $5000 worth of meal allowances from the government for the year 2011/12. Beers on me.