Random Thoughts....

That is how I do it :p I've 10 minutes from alarm clock to drive away. Usually it works with 5 minutes to spare.

alright then :p
somehow i struggle to imagine how i'd cope with a start like that. i just need a proper breakfast and a shower in the morning. usually i get up early enough to catch up on some news as well... so ~1hr before i have to leave.

Woke up this morning to hear Chris Moyles is leaving BBC Radio 1. That's my day off to a great start already. The fat, talentless, loud mouthed prick should have left years ago.

:clap:

You really should defect to Radio 2. Chris Evans is much better in the morning and is followed by Ken Bruce who has introduced me to tons of great music.

One of the stations in Berlin is having what they call "radio days" these days, which means that every sunday they run their 10pm to midnight genre music shows as daytime programming. Sadly, I did not find out if Anja Caspary not only took her classic rock records but also her legendary phone sex voice over to the "Radio Affair" daytime slot (she has a "vanilla female announcer" backup voice for her normal daytime show). But having a two-hour special on early punk rock as driving music last sunday was quite good, as well.

Last edited:
somehow i struggle to imagine how i'd cope with a start like that. i just need a proper breakfast and a shower in the morning. usually i get up early enough to catch up on some news as well... so ~1hr before i have to leave.

I'm the same. I always read the paper before I leave in the morning. Plus I need to have a cup of tea before doing anything else, that's just how it works :p

alright then :p

I'd have to get up bloody early to manage that. It's what you get for moving to a remote part of the country, and having the skills and career to land you gigs all over the fucking country, so a 1 hour commute is about the minimum I should be expecting. Combine that with 2 young kids, and me being the one that cooks the daily meal, so I need to be home by 17:30 at the latest. So getting 8 hours of work in, plus 30 min. lunch break, plus a minimum of 2 hr commute means leaving the house at 7 is the absolute latest I can manage on a normal day. Current gig is even further away (80-120 min. commute), which means 6-6:30.

I was asking that very thing a couple weeks ago. Although, my point was less 'Isn't it weird...' and more 'Who the hell was stupid enough...' :p

Well... I mean... umm..... they're really called the LA Angels though. Come on, how many people actually say Los Angeles? :p

I remember in Saints Row there was a gang called The Los [something]s and there were several lines about them being "The The..."

Someone say The The?

The whole BBC website has gone down. I can't remember it ever happening before. Is this the first sign of the Apocalypse?

Edit: Panic over, it seems to largely be back.

Last edited:
The whole BBC website has gone down. I can't remember it ever happening before. Is this the first sign of the Apocalypse?
Glad it was only the website and not the radio program, or we'd have some missiles flying by now. ;)

Well... I mean... umm..... they're really called the LA Angels though. Come on, how many people actually say Los Angeles? :p

I remember in Saints Row there was a gang called The Los [something]s and there were several lines about them being "The The..."

Ah, so RT thread veers off in to tautology, it's a bit like tortollini but not made of pasta.

Wut?

[QI]

The Sahara Desert, Mount Fuji and the river Avon are all tautologies.

Sahara is the local language word for desert.

Fuji is Japanese for mountain

Avon is an old "gaellic" (?) word for river.

[/QI]

:smile:

Radio here sucks.

IMO, there's only one good national radio station here, and that's Absolute Radio. The rest are only good for certain programmes, if you're in a particular mood (Classic FM is great when you've only woken up), or just plain suck :p

If I lived in London, I'd have XFM to choose from as well.

Last edited:
Radio here sucks.

A radio station popped up in my area after the only good alternative rock station went bye bye last year because of a freaking buyout by a news company. Q87.7 has barely any people talking and about 2 minutes of solid commercials every half hour or something. They play mostly alternative but with some weird out there hipster stuff too.

IMO, there's only one good national radio station here, and that's Absolute Radio. The rest are only good for certain programmes, if you're in a particular mood (Classic FM is great when you've only woken up), or just plain suck :p

If I lived in London, I'd have XFM to choose from as well.
I disagree but then I like BBC radios 2, 4 and 5 - product of a sick mind. Anyway back to the post, XFM does not have an internet channel?

I normally listen to bandit rock out of Stockholm gotta love smart phone apps that play any radio station in the world that is streamed online in real time :eek:

I have two packages waiting for collection at our post office box, but Dad has gone away for who knows how long, and taken the only two keys with him.

I've already had words with the lady at the counter last time I was in this situation and she questioned my authority to obtain the contents over the counter - even though there was another package for me, in my name. le sigh.

People who can't keep trash cans out of the fucking street should be shot. One of those just cost me a side mirror.

People who can't keep trash cans out of the fucking street should be shot. One of those just cost me a side mirror.

Our trash people just throw the cans around. that and the wind manages to blow them across the street. Doesn't make it any less annoying though....