Random Thoughts....

Now this story made me happy, be sure to watch the video.
http://video.nbc10.com/player/?id=236367
http://www.nbc10.com/news/15784657/detail.html

70-Year-Old Man Goes Back To 1st Grade
Man Promised Mother He Would Learn To Read

POSTED: 2:23 pm EDT April 3, 2008
UPDATED: 2:28 pm EDT April 3, 2008
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Students in a Missouri elementary school can't stop talking about their 70-year-old classmate.

Related Content: Video | Images

Alferd Williams is drawing national attention for returning to school because he never learned how to read.

Students in his first-grade class in St. Joseph said they enjoyed talking and working with their unusual classmate.

"He is really smart and he really helps me a lot," one unidentified student said.

Williams earned a living for his family working in the fields. He never got the chance to get an education.

He said he promised his mother that he would one day learn to read.

Williams, who lives in a friend's laundry room, has traveled a lot by Greyhound bus. He said he never knew why passengers stood in different lines until he could read the names of the destination cities above each line.

The school has set up a fund to help Williams financially.

To help out, call Edison Elementary School at 816-671-4110.

I just had a "technology is amazing!" moment:

I was waiting for my friend and got bored, so I went on my cell phone's browser, went to google.de, and found D?ner Kebab houses in Wiesbaden, along with maps.

Now thats instant gratification.

Shame Verizon doesn't work in Europe.

^ So what's special about Verizon? Nowadays you can use any phone to access the web.

I just meant I have Verizon, its a shame I can't use it over there.

I'm not saying its amazing that I can do this with Verizon, just that I can go on my phone and get directions/map/phone number of a place across the world.

Last edited:
I'm writing a paper on Top Gear. This should be elite.

More specifically, I'm dealing with elements of pop culture and the fan bases that build themselves around them, and I'm going to go into detail about American fans who can't normally see the show otherwise and the Hamster Helmet that we gave Hammy after his accident. I'm going to mention how Andy Wilman acknowledges this site and how important that is, much like Joss Whedon fans and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes that we've been forced to endure watching for the past few weeks.

^ Hey man, it's ok. You don't have to lie about your BTVS addiction. We've all been there. Slayer = High Kicks, amongst other things.

I'm posting here because I don't have time to make a thread on a noob question elsewhere and wait for a simple reply.

The scenario: In 30mins time, there'll be a local-record braking attempt to have the largest gathering of supercars. So I've just got my dad's film Minolta X300 SLR. It's my first time out to do some photography. My dad isn't in Singapore, and all my friends don't know to do it, so i thought i'd ask here.

What kind of film should I buy? And how do i open the camera to put the film in? I know how to take photos etc, i just wasnt taught this part on the film...

Sorry for the noob questions.

I'm posting here because I don't have time to make a thread on a noob question elsewhere and wait for a simple reply.

The scenario: In 30mins time, there'll be a local-record braking attempt to have the largest gathering of supercars. So I've just got my dad's film Minolta X300 SLR. It's my first time out to do some photography. My dad isn't in Singapore, and all my friends don't know to do it, so i thought i'd ask here.

What kind of film should I buy? And how do i open the camera to put the film in? I know how to take photos etc, i just wasnt taught this part on the film...

Sorry for the noob questions.
Where is it bro ?!

^ Bedok Stadium Carpark. It's called K1bedok. google it :) Up till 9pm, but I've got no idea when the cars will leave though

Ways to pick up girls - Ride a motorcycle to a party, wear your leathers (yes, that means the chaps). :cool:

I got their newsletter via email, they said:
Ferrari, Lamborghinis and more in one place!!! Join in out record breaking attempt to bring in as many Super Cars as possible.
What would you expect? Expect to see Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches and other Super Cars right there around 5pm on Saturday. Bring along your cameras and video cameras to capture this record breaking attempt. Vrooom Vrooom!!

BTW, I need a reply quick!

EDIT: I'm setting off now, looks like I didn't get any help at all :( Will use a video cam instead...

Last edited:
Ride a motorcycle to a party ...
Ride a motorcycle through a party :D.
dday.jpg

Heh, I'm not about to wear chaps, but you've definitely got a point. I love showing girls how to ride my fugly Yamaha.

My random thoughts, at the moment, consist of me giving myself reasons not to go get a second part-time job. Why the hell is college/girls/alcohol so expensive? <_<

On the topic of motorcycles, I have just realized that the Triumph Street Triple only costs $8,000, brand new. That's used Jap bike money! I mean hell new R6s run close to 10k. Couple that with a promotion at work in the next month or so and it would only take me two or three months of saving before I can plonk down cash for one. Less if I can sell the Porsche before then. Then I just have to buy a good helmet, gloves, leathers, back protector, boots, oh and insurance.

Damn I want a motorcycle. And who said every two seconds men think about sex, with me all I think about is naked British. . . . . motorcycles.

On the topic of motorcycles, I have just realized that the Triumph Street Triple only costs $8,000, brand new. That's used Jap bike money! I mean hell new R6s run close to 10k. Couple that with a promotion at work in the next month or so and it would only take me two or three months of saving before I can plonk down cash for one. Less if I can sell the Porsche before then. Then I just have to buy a good helmet, gloves, leathers, back protector, boots, oh and insurance.

Damn I want a motorcycle. And who said every two seconds men think about sex, with me all I think about is naked British. . . . . motorcycles.

I just googled that bike and I really like it. Can't believe it only costs 8 grand. I'd love to get one as well, and then my dad and I could go ride our Triumphs together, with the women in the car behind us :cool:

Of course, everyone hates my stepmother. And while I love my dad's bike and (currently disassembled) car, I don't know that I'd like to actually spend that time with him. but yeah, I like the Street Triple.

Ya my dad has a Sprint ST, it's sort of his mid-life crisis. And he's got me seriously looking into motorcycles.

I figure I spend about five to six grand for a decent used 600cc Japanese sport bike. Why wouldn't I spend an extra couple thousand and buy something new with a warranty. Plus Triumphs and naked bikes in general are just soooo much cooler and more unique than the Gixxer crowd we have around here.

And man if I could have it before the Moto GP race in September.

My Silverado tried to kill me last night because the lights are automatic and they didn't turn on.

:(

I don't get auto lights, all that engineering to save $2 worth of light bulbs. I run my car's lights on all the time while driving anyway.